Mr 600

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lombardi's is good. So is Totonno's. I really like Patsy's (the original) or Grimaldi's. I think you might need a steer guy, next time you are in town...

Then there's hope. I'll search for an exorcist and see if we can fix you.

Apparently, you are a godless soul, too. Looks like I can get a group rate with the exorcist.

Eric

I shall have to look into them others but Gail is a tough case, insisting Lombardi's is the nuts.

Lou Figueroa

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I messaged John a while back about this and he replied a while later.

(note: not trying to imply him and I are tight, I'm just a random dude he doesn't know...
I was surprised he took the time to respond.)

I don't know if he'd be cool with me posting his exact reply, so I guess to err on the safe side,
I'll just say he is still holding out hope that he can release it in a way that will let him make a few bucks.
I think he knows deep down that there's gonna be pirated copies.
But he's trying to think outside the box.

I suggested that he should just forget that, and make a cheap and easy digital download.
Louis CK did the same thing for one of his acts, and it was convenient enough that he still made
a million bucks even though it was easy to pirate.

John seemed somewhat open to the idea.

For the record, any youtube money will be negligible. As others have said, you'd use it to promote yourself.

The youtube AdSense payment has a few different factors... a longer video affords more opportunities
to serve ads, but you don't get paid for the ads that never get seen. So if they only watch a few
minutes and then get bored and quit... or they fast forward through a lot of it... your pay drops.

A pretty good rough rule of thumb, in 2019, if you're not a superstar and don't have additional
revenue through some sort of contract/sponsor... is $4 per 1,000 views.

The most popular video of John running balls that I can find, is his 366 ball run on Dennis Walsh's YT channel.
So John's already missing out a little bit, in the sense that all that revenue is presumably going to Dennis.

"All that revenue"
39,000 views = 39 * $4.00
= $156 spread out over the past 3 years.

If you can contact John and just tell him to start a gofundme or kickstarter campaign. Set a money goal to be reached, and organize different tiers of donation levels....with the different tiers of donation amounts maybe a dvd with commentary....then dvd signed....highest would get a lesson with John and the dvd....or whatever.
But he would be over the $25 K goal in a month.
He could have it set up that if he reaches the goal, he posts it to YouTube....(the limited edition DVDs would go to the higher tier investors).
He could also have it set up that if he doesn't reach the goal, then everyone is refunded the amount donated.

Therefore, the hard core folks get their dvds/download....the less hard core gets to see it on YouTube, and history will view the video for the rest of time.

He would be surprised at how much the campaign might bring in. Some independent comic book artists are releasing comic books in this way and making hundreds of thousands by fans just donating $25 on the promise of getting a copy of the book.

In more pool related analogy, the BeCue guys got their company off the ground with the kickstarter campaign in order to get the funds to build the prototypes of which they were able to gain funding to go to factory manufacturing.

Last edited:

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The drive by media took us for a ride is yer answer Spartan, another poster made reference to Kipchoge breaking the two hr barrier and it not being an actual race format i.e. competing against other runners. First of all he was breaking his own record, even though in a non traditional format - at least there was video proof of what he accomplished. It would seem invisible govts. and invisible video footage are closely related in their world of fake news. It should not take what is very possibly a boldface lie to get 14.1 in the news, i guess that is the world of drive media that were livin' in - they are a very sad bunch of cowards (invisible govt) - tryin' to make a buck. I understand facebook (not a member) reporting fake news but the bca and nytimes should really be ashamed of themselves - I guess they too are on the short leash of the invisible govt's agenda. Someone said that az is just a punching bag, after the skids I think that is when they bca decided to include nytimes to the punching bag as well. Where is the court of public opinion? Can the bca legally get away with lying to the public?
You have no proof of the run so won't believe it, yet you have no proof of the lie and you will die on that hill?

Get over yourself.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Just gonna leave this here....

John's of Bleecker St.

and

Di Fara

Youre welcome. :wink2:

Didn't John's follow the same path as Ray's?...Ray's, Ray's Original. The Original Ray's, Ray Bari's, The Best Ray's...and on...and on.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
If you can contact John and just tell him to start a gofundme or kickstarter campaign. Set a money goal to be reached, and organize different tiers of donation levels....with the different tiers of donation amounts maybe a dvd with commentary....then dvd signed....highest would get a lesson with John and the dvd....or whatever.
But he would be over the $25 K goal in a month.

I actually suggested that exact thing 2 months ago.
I still don't know why he hasn't tried it.
It seems like a way he can release the video with an ebay-style "minimum reserve".

e1fZ6QT.png

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually suggested that exact thing 2 months ago.
I still don't know why he hasn't tried it.
It seems like a way he can release the video with an ebay-style "minimum reserve".

e1fZ6QT.png

Well I'm glad he is at least aware of the avenue.
He says he wants the world to see it...so that's why he should set the minimum at $25,000 and if that's reached then he would post to YouTube.

The hardcore fanatics with the $50 sponsorship get the dvd with the commentary. The lesser hard core donate $5 for an autographed baseball card of John with the 626 stats on the back
At least folks would kick in $5 on the chance it could push it over the "YouTube" line and they get something from John
It's both a win/win any way it shakes down.

I was just on kickstarter and there are campaigns that have reached their goal, but they extend the days because there are more people than expected who wanted to sponsor.

Now just think if the campaign goes over $250k from thousands of small dollar donations (and of course the dvd donations)....that's enough to have a reissue in the media that pool player who broke Mosconi record, raised money to release dvd and YouTube video.
It's an extra kick to the story. Everyone wins.
I hope John is reading this. The story of him signing 10, 000 baseball cards would be a good one

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
rebco

He says he wants the world to see it...so that's why he should set the minimum at $25,000 and if that's reached then he would post to YouTube.

The hardcore fanatics with the $50 sponsorship get the dvd with the commentary. The lesser hard core donate $5 for an autographed baseball card of John with the 626 stats on the back
At least folks would kick in $5 on the chance it could push it over the "YouTube" line and they get something from John

I was just on kickstarter and there are campaigns that have reached their goal, but they extend the days because there are more people than expected who wanted to sponsor.

Now just think if the campaign goes over $250k from thousands of small dollar donations (and of course the dvd donations)....that's enough to have a reissue in the media that pool player who broke Mosconi record, raised money to release dvd and YouTube video.
I hope John is reading this. The story of him signing 10, 000 baseball cards would be a good one

the rebco campeign?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is way too easy, John should just put the master copy on eBay for 250K.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post the video on YouTube, about 500K views pays about 40K (from other youtubers who have disclosed what they have gotten paid for views). Just a thought.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Post the video on YouTube, about 500K views pays about 40K (from other youtubers who have disclosed what they have gotten paid for views). Just a thought.
Unless you plan to watch it 475,000 times there may be a little issue with that plan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

Maybe if someone has 10 million subscribers and is some sort of Youtube Prime star or something. Eh...... No, not even then. You pulled that number out of thin air, or misheard, or got trolled by some Youtuber.

Generally, the figure I have heard is roughly $1000 per million views.

If your numbers were anywhere close to correct, this video Andy McKee - Drifting would have made $4,672,800,000,000, making him the richest man in the world by a factor of about 1 billion or so?

And more to the point.... this video 2008 U.S. Open 9 Ball Finals hasn't even gotten 500K views yet, and it was uploaded in 2011.

John Schmidt is VERY lucky he is not taking advice from people on AZBilliards.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Maybe if someone has 10 million subscribers and is some sort of Youtube Prime star or something. Eh...... No, not even then. You pulled that number out of thin air, or misheard, or got trolled by some Youtuber.

Generally, the figure I have heard is roughly $1000 per million views.

If your numbers were anywhere close to correct, this video Andy McKee - Drifting would have made $4,672,800,000,000, making him the richest man in the world by a factor of about 1 billion or so?

And more to the point.... this video 2008 U.S. Open 9 Ball Finals hasn't even gotten 500K views yet, and it was uploaded in 2011.

John Schmidt is VERY lucky he is not taking advice from people on AZBilliards.

I have no idea how much youtube pays for views, but I do know how numbers work. Your number is way off, the original post said that 500,000 views would pay 40K. This works out to .08 per viewer, I agree this seems high.

With the video you posted, using this value the owner would receive $4,672,847.20, somehow you added six zeros to the calculation to make your number a million times larger.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its more like 40 dollars for 500k views...
You make pennies for views in most cases its based more on watch time and adds watched during that time ,but you have to have the sponsors backing and we know pool is cheap so its not likely there ,
Its not as easy as just posting a video and sitting back and racking money in , the ones that make the money have a channel with many followers and post many videos weekly or monthly at worst ,, its really become a profession of its own if you want to make any real money at it

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make pennies for views in most cases its based more on watch time and adds watched during that time ,but you have to have the sponsors backing and we know pool is cheap so its not likely there ,
Its not as easy as just posting a video and sitting back and racking money in , the ones that make the money have a channel with many followers and post many videos weekly or monthly at worst ,, its really become a profession of its own if you want to make any real money at it

Yeah, I doubt the video will make any significant money no matter how JS distributes it. Whether free on youtube, or paid on venmo, or dvds in the mail.

Here is what I'd do if I was him, with that mindset. I'd put it out there for free on youtube, FB, instagram, etc, to be remembered by, as the highest run of all time. Then in my old age if anyone ever questioned me, I'd pint to it, and say "here's what I did".

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I have no idea how much youtube pays for views, but I do know how numbers work. Your number is way off, the original post said that 500,000 views would pay 40K. This works out to .08 per viewer, I agree this seems high.

With the video you posted, using this value the owner would receive $4,672,847.20, somehow you added six zeros to the calculation to make your number a million times larger.

Yes, you are correct. I multiplied whereas I should have divided. You number is correct.

Given that I saw him playing in Colorado at a small ~500 person venue years after that video, I am assuming he is not a multi-millionaire. :)

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member

And which is why many of the pool video "channels" out there steal all their videos from the content producers and repost them in large numbers. They figure if they can steal 30-40 videos and get a million views combined, they can make a little side money...