Mr 600

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And which is why many of the pool video "channels" out there steal all their videos from the content producers and repost them in large numbers. They figure if they can steal 30-40 videos and get a million views combined, they can make a little side money...

That’s why I believe the Kickstarter campaign plan I posted at top of the page is a viable option here. Not only does John get something in return, the fans also get something extra depending on their level of sponsorship and the video becomes more of a celebration, not a tangible monetary value that can be whittled down by piracy . YouTube is relegated to just a vehicle to host the video.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s why I believe the Kickstarter campaign plan I posted at top of the page is a viable option here. Not only does John get something in return, the fans also get something extra depending on their level of sponsorship and the video becomes more of a celebration, not a tangible monetary value that can be whittled down by piracy . YouTube is relegated to just a vehicle to host the video.
I think you highly over value the worth of the product , who wants to invest in a product and let's be real that has minimal value compared to what you can watch on YouTube for free , , just can't see it , the fact that 10 k was offered and turned down speaks volumes of its worth, ,

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you highly over value the worth of the product , who wants to invest in a product and let's be real that has minimal value compared to what you can watch on YouTube for free , , just can't see it , the fact that 10 k was offered and turned down speaks volumes of its worth, ,

True. I doubt the queue will be this long :D

queue.jpg

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That's not what a person with no subs would get, not even close.
Your off by I'd say 38 to 39k

Post the video on YouTube, about 500K views pays about 40K (from other youtubers who have disclosed what they have gotten paid for views). Just a thought.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not what a person with no subs would get, not even close.
Your off by I'd say 38 to 39k

No way a single view is valued at $12.50 to the poster. that is just ludicrous.

If yurt-tube values the member's vid that much, it also has to get a value for itself, meaning the alleged value of $12.50 is not 100% of the view's value.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
From experience, 500,000 views would make right about $1500. That's based on a channel with 3000 subscribers, but views are views.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
From experience, 500,000 views would make right about $1500. That's based on a channel with 3000 subscribers, but views are views.
That..or less..was what I came up with. It's funny how someone could post a number like $40,000 and assume they knew.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It's just 500,000 views. I don't think it matters how long it takes you to get them.

Of course, if you are posting one video, then you are going to have a much harder time getting 500,000 views than you are if you post 5000 videos.

One time? Per month?

Freddie <~~~ planning my retirement

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just 500,000 views. I don't think it matters how long it takes you to get them.

Of course, if you are posting one video, then you are going to have a much harder time getting 500,000 views than you are if you post 5000 videos.

Sounds like a fine deal, for you to post 5000 vids and I get $1500. I'm in.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So you are saying all the people involved in pool from the Facebook, APA, Euro tour, etc wouldn’t want an autographed 626 commemorative card of John and a chance to view the entire run on YouTube for $5 each? I’m assuming at least 2 to 3 thousand would bid $5

Then you are saying there isn’t a demand for a DVD with audio commentary by John of the run, plus the autographed card for $50? I’m assuming at least 300 hard core fans would get this option.

Do the math and see how absolutely possible it is to overshoot $10 K....the above numbers bring in $35 k right there. John could set the limit at $35k and if it doesn’t reach that then full reimbursement of the funds and he doesn’t have to order/manufacture any products

I just watched a comic book launch rake in $538K with 8k investors on Indiegogo (another funding site)...the BeCue guys raised over €20,000 with 39 backers on Kickstarter.

Gotta step out of the old traditional way of things these days to make things happen. Pool is a niche market, but it’s bigger than just AZ. There is still a lot of potential in something historically significant.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
So you are saying all the people involved in pool from the Facebook, APA, Euro tour, etc wouldn’t want an autographed 626 commemorative card of John and a chance to view the entire run on YouTube for $5 each? I’m assuming at least 2 to 3 thousand would bid $5

Then you are saying there isn’t a demand for a DVD with audio commentary by John of the run, plus the autographed card for $50? I’m assuming at least 300 hard core fans would get this option.

Do the math and see how absolutely possible it is to overshoot $10 K....the above numbers bring in $35 k right there. John could set the limit at $35k and if it doesn’t reach that then full reimbursement of the funds and he doesn’t have to order/manufacture any products

I just watched a comic book launch rake in $538K with 8k investors on Indiegogo (another funding site)...the BeCue guys raised over €20,000 with 39 backers on Kickstarter.

Gotta step out of the old traditional way of things these days to make things happen. Pool is a niche market, but it’s bigger than just AZ. There is still a lot of potential in something historically significant.
This is pool, don't you know we only play a never ending game of "remember when?"

I'd be all for a DVD, a PPV or even a well organized tour of viewing / exhibitions, but personally I find the idea of a kickstarter type thing a little undignified.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is pool, don't you know we only play a never ending game of "remember when?"

I'd be all for a DVD, a PPV or even a well organized tour of viewing / exhibitions, but personally I find the idea of a kickstarter type thing a little undignified.

I hear you on the undignified. I’m just looking at it from a Johns point of view, and like you said, this is pool, so the possibility of being left with a bunch of stock in unpurchased DVDs or low performing PPV numbers is very realistic. This is the only way I could think of think of him being able to make some money, and get the video to the world without getting beat down by the numbers.

In hindsight, had he kicked the funding campaign off right when he broke the record, there would’ve been a fever pitch of takers. But I still think if it was deemed as a celebration of pool that everyone could be a part of...like a digital version of a pool player passing the hat after a street side demonstration...then the excitement and anticipation could be built up. Will he or won’t he reach the goal? It would be an added event on to the back end of the story.

(Personally, I just want a commentary DVD because I think John’s commentaries are some of the best, and I’ll be first in line for the $50 sponsorship to get the DVD...I know you would be too...so that leaves 298 more to go. :grin-square:)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I hear you on the undignified. I’m just looking at it from a Johns point of view, and like you said, this is pool, so the possibility of being left with a bunch of stock in unpurchased DVDs or low performing PPV numbers is very realistic. This is the only way I could think of think of him being able to make some money, and get the video to the world without getting beat down by the numbers.

In hindsight, had he kicked the funding campaign off right when he broke the record, there would’ve been a fever pitch of takers. But I still think if it was deemed as a celebration of pool that everyone could be a part of...like a digital version of a pool player passing the hat after a street side demonstration...then the excitement and anticipation could be built up. Will he or won’t he reach the goal? It would be an added event on to the back end of the story.

(Personally, I just want a commentary DVD because I think John’s commentaries are some of the best, and I’ll be first in line for the $50 sponsorship to get the DVD...I know you would be too...so that leaves 298 more to go. :grin-square:)
Danny and Lou will share one...so there's 3.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shame. World record set months ago but still trying to figure how best to monetize the event. Reason is mostly that he is worried about how the "lovers" of this game-sport- will rip him off thereby minimizing his money return on his achievement.

And we sometimes wonder why all forms of pool have less than a sterling reputation.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand EVERYONE'S point of view as I eat and breathe pool. Pool is a huge part of my life, for all sorts of reasons and all of them are positive to my life.

As I said above, I can relate with both sides of the fence. I understand why the one side wants unedited video but, I also understand why the other side would rather have a dressed-up version with commentary.

To be completely honest, I would like to have a copy of each.

I would love to see the raw footage for the pure fact ....well, I'm a 14.1 purists and I would like to see every second of video from start to finish so I could see and hear everything as if I had been there on that day.

On the other hand, I would also love a copy where John gives his thoughts in a step-by-step as he shoots each break shot and most of the shots in between. Most any serious 14.1 player will really love this one.

We may learn something that we just thought we already knew.

I'm extremely curious to see his break shots, secondary break shots, starting patterns and end patterns with all the WHY'S answered by him as the historical run unfolds.

Jeff