Sometimes We, As Poolplayers, Take Things a Little Too Seriously

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to all the *****ing and moaning lately, I thought maybe I'd lighten things up and tell a cute little story about how we might, just MIGHT take things a little too seriously. This is a short while back, so if my lady reads this.... it was pre "us."

So, I'm at a swimming pool, drinking and talkin' normal guy shit. We had quite the group gathered. Well, there were some pretty good looking talent there, also. We all played volleyball, and it got pretty competitive. Well, this one lady was pretty, "athletic" and kinda hot. So, we got to where, when the chance arose, I'd nail the spike at her on every occasion. So would she, at me, when the chance arose. Well, water volleyball led to talkin' crap about softball, basketball, and other sports. She was blonde, 5'3" , athletic, and competitive. Great.

Well, as you guessed it, the "pool thang" came up. "My dad ran a pool hall in Pittsuburgh." "Oh yeah, well I've never seen you hit a ball and I'll give you the eight." This went back and forth for a while, drinking the whole time (of course). We got pretty friendly and the "pool bond" got me in pretty good. We had gotten a little closer and wrestling in the water and you guessed it. This was gettin' good. So, I talked her into meeting me at the pool later in the evening.

She showed up, bikini ready. Things were going better and better when she suggested to hit the bar. Well, Sharkey's was across the street, so I met her there and she went into the whole "I played daily and taught by the best" crap again. How'd this end?

You guessed it. I gave her the eight and beat her 11-2 for $50. Did I blow it?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Due to all the *****ing and moaning lately, I thought maybe I'd lighten things up and tell a cute little story about how we might, just MIGHT take things a little too seriously. This is a short while back, so if my lady reads this.... it was pre "us."

So, I'm at a swimming pool, drinking and talkin' normal guy shit. We had quite the group gathered. Well, there were some pretty good looking talent there, also. We all played volleyball, and it got pretty competitive. Well, this one lady was pretty, "athletic" and kinda hot. So, we got to where, when the chance arose, I'd nail the spike at her on every occasion. So would she, at me, when the chance arose. Well, water volleyball led to talkin' crap about softball, basketball, and other sports. She was blonde, 5'3" , athletic, and competitive. Great.

Well, as you guessed it, the "pool thang" came up. "My dad ran a pool hall in Pittsuburgh." "Oh yeah, well I've never seen you hit a ball and I'll give you the eight." This went back and forth for a while, drinking the whole time (of course). We got pretty friendly and the "pool bond" got me in pretty good. We had gotten a little closer and wrestling in the water and you guessed it. This was gettin' good. So, I talked her into meeting me at the pool later in the evening.

She showed up, bikini ready. Things were going better and better when she suggested to hit the bar. Well, Sharkey's was across the street, so I met her there and she went into the whole "I played daily and taught by the best" crap again. How'd this end?

You're a sick puppy Crawdaddy! :bash:

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
Its definatly going to cost you more than $50 to get another shot at her. Good win though. :thumbup:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

Not if she did. :grin:

KK9 <-- waiting for the sequel

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
A) you screwed up REAL bad by beating her so soundly....now she's KNOWS she needs a much bigger spot. :p lol

B) I certainly wouldn't have been playing for money with the lead up you gave....speaking of blowing it....

C) she was/is blonde, I doubt the match had any influence on a "romantic" outcome :p

D) I love reading AZB at lunch time, thanks Craw :thumbup:

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
I think you blew it. You found probably one of only three women in the world who are 5'3" and who can spike a volleyball and you didn't take her on the beach volleyball circuit hustling for real money???

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

[/COLOR][/U][/B]

Not if she did. :grin:

KK9 <-- waiting for the sequel

Crawfish, I'm thinking if you shipped the $50, she'd have blown it, amongst other things. :grin-devilish:

Get with the program, bud.

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you blew it. You found probably one of only three women in the world who are 5'3" and who can spike a volleyball and you didn't take her on the beach volleyball circuit hustling for real money???

I think you misses the water volleyball part. You could be 4'3" and spike it in water volleyball.:D

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Great story, Crawfish. The question, of course, is not whether you blew it or not, but did she.

You know, the pool hall. Did she get mad and split? What the hell did you think I meant? :smile:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol. Funny story.

And when I was a young man, I would have played it exactly the same way. Now that I am older (and marginally wiser), I would have made sure it went hill-hill and let her win.

Immediate gratification and grounds for a rematch :)

Lou Figueroa

jaspool

Registered
YAhoooooooooooo

Had same type of story different outcome. I play this girl at 4 am at clicks in dallas tx back in 1983. We play for winners choice,

WELL I win she is driving, so we get in the car and she starts driving looks at me and says so whats your choice? I'm 24 sobering up and shaking now. She says WELL? I sheepishly say you know :) She says okay but we have to go to your place because my boyfriend called in sick tonight. You can figure out the rest.

PS she was 5' 6" and drop dead gorgeous. Wish it was 1980's again :):):):smile::smile::smile::smile::D

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy Crap...You just described Jasmine !

That was Jasmin & she's gonna come back with that she'll play you even for $1000...lol:thumbup:

Last edited:

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member

So, did you "stab" her???

:D