Why delete photos of sold items?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people delete photos of items they have sold?

Random stuff, whatever, but cues that have sold?

Sometimes I just like to look around and see other cues.

If you have deleted your pictures before, why did you do it?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A sold item is an agreement between parties which we really have no part in.

For a third party to claim some right to any of the details is fruitless.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If I sell a cue, it's no longer mine to display so I mark the post sold and remove the links to pictures. I don't post images with AZ, the uploader blows

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Seller's remorse.

Everytime the seller thinks of that cue, it saddens them. To see an actual photo brings tears.

Winning a race to nine with red, puffy eyes and a heavy heart ain't easy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist Is Doing It The.Right Way.

Ideologist expressed a very reasonable and understandable rationale why and it makes sense.
Everyone just needs to realize that when you want to browse cues, go to the Cue Gallery Section.
If you want to see what cues are currently available for trade or purchase, go to the For Sale Section.
So until the Forum creates a new section, maybe name it “Recently Sold”, that’s just how things are.

The simple answer is a AZ Cue Registry that records the cue’s provenance down thru time and this
records the current owner of any registered cue, change of ownership history, purchase/sold price
would be optional since not everyone would want the price they paid revealed. Rather than rely upon
orig bill of sale, including the price paid would help any insurance claims, establish better insurance
standards, create a central data base & more useful information about cue values, and this could be
offered on a fee basis too x $ registration fee per cue. Heck, I’d pay a one time $10 a cue registration
or even say $1.00 to $1.50 per cue per annum. It could also be used to flag lost or stolen cues and a
new buyer of a prospective custom cue could verify the cue wasn’t stolen. Even a pawn shop could
easily double check before lending money on a cue. A lot of good could come from this plus the real
opportunity to develop a new business stream. In any event, Ideologist has the right approach to this.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do people delete photos of items they have sold?

Random stuff, whatever, but cues that have sold?

Sometimes I just like to look around and see other cues.

If you have deleted your pictures before, why did you do it?

Interesting you ask.
I recently started doing it for a couple reasons;

It’s no longer my property, and if the new owner wants the picture posted they can do what they wish.

Not to long ago I had a cue for sell on this site, but ended up selling the cue to a buddy(guy 1) he in turn sold it to someone else(guy 2) and there was a problem with the sell (claims of it being warped). Now I had no part in that sell and when I handed it over to guy 1 it was exactly as advertised. The most recent buyer(guy 2) felt he got a bad deal and wanted a refund and after that didn’t work out with the guy 1, guy 2 did a search or somehow found my original thread and started harassing me because he thought I was guy 1 and screwed him over. After that I decided to delete all the info after the sell was complete.

I have also had people contact me about the price I have sold stuff for to see if they got a good deal or not.

I buy and sell a couple cues a year and over time have figured out it’s just better to delete all the info once the sell is final, usually a month or two after it’s delivered and the buyer is happy.

I make every effort possible to ensure my deals go as smoothly as possible and try and treat everyone as I would want to be treated, I’ve been screwed over on deals before and it’s not a pleasant feeling. But, once the item is out of my possession the new owner can do as they wish, sometimes (apparently) their deals don’t go well, and if the pics/thread is still up people always look for someone to blame. Deleting my threads saves me from having to tell someone that there is nothing I can do and being harassed.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not picking up the tracks you're laying down? Not sure how a third party claim relates to this?

That was my thought as well.

There are two parties in the sale, buyer and seller?

Anyone else would be a third party...one with no direct interest or benefit to add.

It isn't anyone else's business, other than the buyer's and the seller's and to try and assert some non-existent privilege to the deal is illogical.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is not a horrible case for the matter...

Call out the underwriters...there's a Policy to be writ.

Ideologist expressed a very reasonable and understandable rationale why and it makes sense.
Everyone just needs to realize that when you want to browse cues, go to the Cue Gallery Section.
If you want to see what cues are currently available for trade or purchase, go to the For Sale Section.
So until the Forum creates a new section, maybe name it “Recently Sold”, that’s just how things are.

The simple answer is a AZ Cue Registry that records the cue’s provenance down thru time and this
records the current owner of any registered cue, change of ownership history, purchase/sold price
would be optional since not everyone would want the price they paid revealed. Rather than rely upon
orig bill of sale, including the price paid would help any insurance claims, establish better insurance
standards, create a central data base & more useful information about cue values, and this could be
offered on a fee basis too x $ registration fee per cue. Heck, I’d pay a one time $10 a cue registration
or even say $1.00 to $1.50 per cue per annum. It could also be used to flag lost or stolen cues and a
new buyer of a prospective custom cue could verify the cue wasn’t stolen. Even a pawn shop could
easily double check before lending money on a cue. A lot of good could come from this plus the real
opportunity to develop a new business stream. In any event, Ideologist has the right approach to this.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It would be nice if the OP could delete the entire thread after the sale is complete and the buyer agrees the description is accurate.

More than once I have seen original posts quoted, including the price, or worse something like "Man, you stole that cue for $500."

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool cues require written proof of purchase, photos, and when over $5k in value,
typically a rider is required to cover the fair market value the buyer has requested.
My cues are insured under a special rider for the cues, equipment and memorabilia.
I'd still participate in a national cue registry program since I think it has real merit.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because when that person goes to rip off the next person with their overpriced stick to push balls around with they don’t want him to see how much they or anyone paid for it.

Does anyone else in the selling world do this? Do people that sell exotic cars delete a post after its sold? I’ve never seen this on any car forum. Only on here.. It’s just a cue stick. Something you use to push balls in holes. Lol

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
If I sell a cue, it's no longer mine to display so I mark the post sold and remove the links to pictures. I don't post images with AZ, the uploader blows

Same:

If I sell a cue, it is no longer my cue. The new owner of that cue now has a photo listed on AZ, by me. There's the "issue". It's no longer my cue to display.

If the new owner wants to show it off, that's their prerogative.

I understand what OP is getting at - being able to see all the beautiful examples of a certain maker, etc. - however that is a third party request after a sale is completed.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Because when that person goes to rip off the next person with their overpriced stick to push balls around with they don’t want him to see how much they or anyone paid for it.

Does anyone else in the selling world do this? Do people that sell exotic cars delete a post after its sold? I’ve never seen this on any car forum. Only on here.. It’s just a cue stick. Something you use to push balls in holes. Lol

Actually, what you described is exactly what happens. When CarMax sold me my car, the online posting came down. No more image, no more price of what my car was listed for.

You know why? It doesn't belong to CarMax anymore.

Cheers:cool:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that the prices should be removed.

For those that say you remove the pictures because it's not yours anymore, are you saying that you have gone through every picture you have ever posted online and removed it once you know longer own the item?