What is THE BEST Tip for a Jump/Break Cue???

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really know whats the best. I think it is subjective.

I know that i really do not like those G10 or really hard tips like phenolic where while breaking it feels like i drove a car into the wall.

I like to break hard. I also like to feel the hit. So press block leather tip works for me.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a phenolic guy, so I love the Samsara Tip. Really jumps and breaks with draw.

dave sutton

Banned
Like they said it depends on what your looking for. I personally like phenolic. I don t like g10 it breaks and jumps great but I'm scared of damaging my centennials. If you like hard with control go with samsara or super pro. You can jump with them too. Maybe not as fast up as phenolic but It can be done.

So decide what u wana do. Squat it or crush it and there's your decission

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Take a one peice phenolic ferrule/tip and have it sanded flat..then put a very very thin hard leather tip on it...:thumbup:

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, has anybody heard of that new Samsara tip? LOL!!!

Thanks for the recommendations, and I apologize for not being more clear.

Basically I know there is a trade off between hit and control (and not to mention damage to the balls) with a jump break cue, since it is a double duty cue. I was wondering if there is a tip that both breaks strong and controlled, but at the same time jumps well.

I know I'm sacrificing a bit by not going with a designated break cue and a jump cue, so I was just trying to find a tip that sacrifices as little as possible.

Thanks again for all the input so far!

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard Water Buffalo

Hard Water Buffalo is my favor jump tip, it gives you control allowing spin for the hard shots with a curve. The feel is solid and if you keep it low, it works even better. Next is phenollic, but you loose control and spin.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Hard Water Buffalo on my Break sticks. Phenolic on my jump cues. I HATE to break with Phenolic .... like the guy said earlier, like driving a car into a wall!!!

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Phenolic screwed into a G10 ferrule. White Diamond if you like something a little softer than phenolic.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Ferrule Suggestions???

Thanks so much again for the input. I think I'm going with the Samsara tip.

I was wondering about the ferrule though? Any suggestions???

Thanks again!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those of you using the Samsara tip, are you using just a regular ferrule, or is there a specific ferrule type that you would recommend?

Thanks again!

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
they're tricky to get on, but the White Diamond tips break and jump extremely well!! and its like 11 bucks for 3 tips on ebay.

morthnrdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tip

i agree with the samsara, i use it on a custom CAM...Chad Mclennan j/b and after using phenolics on my pre patent sledgehammer and lomax which are both great...however i found that i get plenty of power breaking with more cb control and jumping as long you stroke through cb, not pop it or over hit it you can make the cb do much more in terms of control...samsara is great and imho i think the CAM jb adds some too...lol

Attachments

• 554707_10150801389962952_551787951_11723125_1437250781_n.jpg
    554707_10150801389962952_551787951_11723125_1437250781_n.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 132

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those of you using the Samsara tip, are you using just a regular ferrule, or is there a specific ferrule type that you would recommend?

Thanks again!
+1 for Samsara

I use a Samsara on a Predator BK2 for breaking, their ferrule is proprietary to their LD technology and I am a big believer in LD break cues even though I don't use LD on my player.

I believe that with the extreme force used on a break stroke any minor miss hit on the cue ball turns out to be a big miss hit on the rack head ball with a standard deflection shaft.

For jumping, I tried putting a G10 ferrule and White Diamond tip on my jumper and really like the way it plays so for now, I'll stick with that