2014 Super Billiards Expo - March 13-16 -- Questions?

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a while, sorry if I did not get to any of your questions.

I'm starting this new thread to help address any concerns anyone may have. I'll be activating the notifications so I'll know if someone posts - and I'll do my best to get here in a timely manner.

I've also added an FAQ section to our website that I'll slowly be adding the most common questions to.

Thanks, hope you all enjoy the show!

Allen

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a question, but a suggestion. Last year when you moved to NJ the bleachers in the pro arena had those tables fixed to the front. It made it very difficult moving in and out. Since the food was at the other side of the venue all it did was create access problems.

In any case I had a great time and will be back with a car full of geezers. Shopping, watching, maybe even some shooting. Thanks for all you do.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
In order to play in the senior division which I believe is 50 years and older if that is correct. Do I need to be 50 when I sign up or if I turn 50 this year (June) does that qualify me for the senior division?

Thanks

Kevin

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you know any coaches or pros that will be willing to give out lessons; please send them over to this forum.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a question, but a suggestion. Last year when you moved to NJ the bleachers in the pro arena had those tables fixed to the front. It made it very difficult moving in and out. Since the food was at the other side of the venue all it did was create access problems.

In any case I had a great time and will be back with a car full of geezers. Shopping, watching, maybe even some shooting. Thanks for all you do.

I would have to agree with this suggestion. There was too much clutter near the front of the stands which put everyone else watching on the side. With the amount of people that were there, the space was quite limited for viewing pleasure.

Regardless, I'll be there for another great year!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. It was near impossible to leave if you needed to, and some folks were rather uncooperative about letting you through. One guy looked at me when I asked to get by his legs and just turned away. I'm a big guy and I almost took out a couple rows of tables trying to step over his feet. That woulda sharked the shit out of a few players a lot worse than a camera flash.

Also, the outer legs of the tables were precariously close to the edges and one time I was leaning against mine and one of the legs slipped off. Only my ninja reflexes stopped it from slipping down onto the row below.

People need to be adults and take care of their eating and bodily functions before they take a seat. We're spectators, not customers at a restaurant.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
In order to play in the senior division which I believe is 50 years and older if that is correct. Do I need to be 50 when I sign up or if I turn 50 this year (June) does that qualify me for the senior division?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Any player in an age-related division needs to be the appropriate age when play begins.

So, if you are not 50 (or older) at the time the event starts, you cannot play in the Seniors, sorry -- there's always next year!

Thanks, and good luck!

Allen

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Is there a fee to watch to Wednesday night warm up event?

Well, if you are not a player in the WarmUp, there will be a fee to access the Expo, yes. This is because there will be a lot of open pool tables and 25 cent tables that people can stay and play on all night.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions on the Pro Arena -- we do have some revisions in store for this year, so hopefully everyone will be happier with the new set-up!

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Android app

Last year even though i was unable to attend i downloaded an android app that allowed me to view the brackets. I tried running it today and it just exited. I was wondering if this app is no longer supported or if it is just exiting because there is no data to display yet or some other technical reason.

BTW - I will be there this year and looking forward to playing in the one pocket event!

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Last year even though i was unable to attend i downloaded an android app that allowed me to view the brackets. I tried running it today and it just exited. I was wondering if this app is no longer supported or if it is just exiting because there is no data to display yet or some other technical reason.

BTW - I will be there this year and looking forward to playing in the one pocket event!

I'm glad you found the app useful!

No, sadly, the app is no longer. I really liked the idea, which is why I created it. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Maybe one day in the future.

However - you can still keep up with the brackets. Once the event is underway, we provide a link to view the brackets in PDF format. The same exact file you viewed in the App actually (I had it programmed so that when our directors update their records and save the file, the website and app show the most current PDF file)

Once underway, you'll be able to follow brackets here: http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/brackets.html

(link still reflects 2013 data - will be updated when ready to upload 2014 data)

Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited:

Soulcoma

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He isn't listed but was curious if anyone knows if Richard J. Hsu is going to be at the show?