Ideas for my new basement pool room

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Well, as I said earlier, not going to be playing much or at all this year. But that doesn't mean that I won't be thinking about playing pool. And I will certainly be seeking cool ideas for my new basement pool room. Construction for the new home begins in about a month, so I've got time to ruminate.

How's this for starters, rather than turning this prather shortsplice into a pool cue, how about I repurpose it as the handle for the door to my new pool room/lair?

I want to have some fun with this space.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Here is the blank

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_122830.jpg
    IMG_20180708_122830.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,798

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How's this for starters, rather than turning this prather shortsplice into a pool cue, how about I repurpose it as the handle for the door to my new pool room/lair?

Have a lot fun. Put up a wall rack or 2 and fill them.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe obvious but something I'd overlooked - be nice to have wiring in place to control the table light from a wall switch and something solid to hang the light from.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put in a bar for entertaining guests. Also, a small section for a basement living room. This is great for watching the big game.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Well, as I said earlier, not going to be playing much or at all this year. But that doesn't mean that I won't be thinking about playing pool. And I will certainly be seeking cool ideas for my new basement pool room. Construction for the new home begins in about a month, so I've got time to ruminate.

That would make a heck of a door handle! Will you still have your Diamond and the bar box?

Will the basement be half underground or completely?

What about a veggie garden:grin:

jalapus logan

Silver Member
That would make a heck of a door handle! Will you still have your Diamond and the bar box?

Will the basement be half underground or completely?

What about a veggie garden:grin:

I sold the bar box, so I will only have the 9' diamond. It will be a walk out basement with a view of one of my future gardens, perhaps a rain garden. I'm pretty stoked!

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put some thought into the floor.
I put new carpet in my basement last year before I installed the pool table.
I’m beginning to wear a path around the table.
I should of used a better carpet or maybe wood or tile.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Put some thought into the floor.
I put new carpet in my basement last year before I installed the pool table.
I’m beginning to wear a path around the table.
I should of used a better carpet or maybe wood or tile.

I'm thinking about doing acid stained concrete. My allergies can't abide carpet.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard on the feet and balls when they fly...……..

I was going to say the same thing. I think you need some kind of cushion around the table for the balls, and your feet. I would also suggest a good dehumidifier. I grew up in Kentucky with a table in the basement and the humidity was awful. It caused significant ball hop during the warm sticky months.

Last edited:

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add an area for non players, my new home I added another room near the pool and bar room. The extra room house's several arcade games, large sectional and big screen and a nice dining table. Honestly it's where the women hang out while the guys are being guys.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe obvious but something I'd overlooked - be nice to have wiring in place to control the table light from a wall switch and something solid to hang the light from.

I have a switch on the wall by the door when you walk into my pool room and
it's really nice just flip the switch and your ready to go.