best slow and fast players

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slowest, I'd agree about Kaci, and I always thought Ko was pretty
slow.. all that air stroking, get on with it already..

Fastest, I gotta go with Earl at his peak... when he caught that
sixth gear no one else had, he'd two stroke every ball, AND
get perfect position. If he ever catches that gear again, look out.:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rocket Rodney Morris and Jessee Bowman for fastest players in rotation. Would be interesting to hear opinions if their stance/alignment fundanentals are above par compared to other pros. Its interesting that Rodney uses above average tip diamater and traditional shaft with lots of English, seems that would take more time to calculate. It seems Rodney just steps down and fires. Jessee mostly played bartable which would be easier to play fast on. Slowest rotation players ive seen would probably be jj and hillbilly. Not a knock though, both their pool IQs are way above average among their peers.

I sweated a live steam one time of a finals in North Carolina between Hillbilly and Johnny Archer. There was no time clock. It went on and on and on and on. :p

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the Glass City Open one year, they had a mini tournament before the big event. It was a race to 7. Keith McCready drew Luc Salvas first round.

The match was over in what seemed like minutes. While their match had concluded, the scores on the other tables were like 1-zip, 1-1, 2-0. Nobody had even reached 3 games yet.

Attachments

• Luc Salvas.JPG
    Luc Salvas.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Luc Salvas and Keith McCready at 2004 Skins.JPG
    Luc Salvas and Keith McCready at 2004 Skins.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 144

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the Glass City Open one year, they had a mini tournament before the big event. It was a race to 7. Keith McCready drew Luc Salvas first round.

The match was over in what seemed like minutes. While their match had concluded, the scores on the other tables were like 1-zip, 1-1, 2-0. Nobody had even reached 3 games yet.

great to see luc still playing. which reminds me of contemporary fast american player - mitch ellerman. even in a cerebral game like one pocket he executes smart shots real fast.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast: (maybe not the fastest): Jason Shaw & Strickland (current players)(they see the table and go)

Slow: Jeremy Jones, Johnny Archer and most of the women players

Just my 2 cents.

sonny burnett

Registered

JAM, did they ever play as a doubles team? I would have paid to see it. I can only imagine the woofing if one dogged a shot!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk