Rail profile for Hollywood tables?

Kevin11

Hey everyone, I have a Hollywood 9ft GPH-6001-E (ebony) and I want to change the rails but I can’t find the rail profile anywhere. Does anybody here know what it is? I wanted to change to diamond spec rails because there’s a diamond dealer near me and I love how they play.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, I have a Hollywood 9ft GPH-6001-E (ebony) and I want to change the rails but I can’t find the rail profile anywhere. Does anybody here know what it is? I wanted to change to diamond spec rails because there’s a diamond dealer near me and I love how they play.
Better results if you use "Talk to a Mechanic" section.

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably only one person who could answer that correctly and that would be RKC in the ask a mechanic forum.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
Why not just measure the top of the cushion?
1*1/4*=k55
1 1/8=k66

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Why not just measure the top of the cushion?
1*1/4*=k55
1 1/8=k66

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

TRUE THAT!!

Buy a Diamond. This topic has been beat to death in this section and the mechanics section over and over.... Good luck!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
So has the response of.....”Buy a Diamond!”

It is the BEST option. He has a dealer near him. Telling him anything other answer is misleading. The work required to make it "play like a Diamond" far out weighs the value of the entire table. End of story.

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the BEST option. He has a dealer near him. Telling him anything other answer is misleading. The work required to make it "play like a Diamond" far out weighs the value of the entire table. End of story.

Trent from Toledo
I'm not a mechanic and i have a question: just what would a sub-rail job with parts, labor and new cloth cost? I have NO clue that's why i'm asking. Thanks

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a mechanic and i have a question: just what would a sub-rail job with parts, labor and new cloth cost? I have NO clue that's why i'm asking. Thanks

I am not a mechanic but in my area you are looking at $500-$1,000 depending on rubber and cloth.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

I have no idea if he has someone qualified to do such work. I would estimate $1200-$1500 with Artemis Cushions. That table is not even worth $500.00... Recovering it with Simonis is worth more than the table itself!

Trent from Toledo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea if he has someone qualified to do such work. I would estimate $1200-$1500 with Artemis Cushions. That table is not even worth $500.00... Recovering it with Simonis is worth more than the table itself!

Trent from Toledo
Never seen a Hollywood table. They Korean? That bad huh? Thought their 3c tables were supposed to be pretty nice. Pool not so much?

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

How much it going to run buying from a Diamond dealership next to him? lol

Sure if he wants a table that plays exactly like a Diamond, buy a diamond, but I would assume there is pretty huge price difference from sprucing up a table and buying from a dealership, or am I mistaken?

1,200-1,500 vs (I have no clue how much a new Diamond is installed, what like 5grand, 6grand?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Sure if he wants a table that plays exactly like a Diamond, buy a diamond, but I would assume there is pretty huge price difference from sprucing up a table and buying from a dealership, or am I mistaken?

1,200-1,500 vs (I have no clue how much a new Diamond is installed, what like 5grand, 6grand?

The best "sprucing" would put generic MBS pink rubber on it( which ever it takes k55 or k66), CPBA Worsted Cloth on it and it would still out weight the actual value of the table.

Pro Am is $5900, Professional $6400, not including the delivery and install.

Trent

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I tend to agree but what do i know? Personally i wouldn't jack with it. Just hit a ton of balls on it. Going to a Diamond somewhere won't be this huge difference he thinks it is. If he really wants a Diamond, sell his Horrywood("1941" w/Belushi) and buy one.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I tend to agree but what do i know? Personally i wouldn't jack with it. Just hit a ton of balls on it. Going to a Diamond somewhere won't be this huge difference he thinks it is. If he really wants a Diamond, sell his Horrywood("1941" w/Belushi) and buy one.

Oh, this thread will turn into a lot of "but he can's"... People who want to argue will bring this bullcrap to the thread. Nonetheless, it is just a waste of money. Making it play the best it can like it was built is to much money. I understand that the OP is a new member and is looking for answers. Telling him there is some hope of it playing like a Diamond or being worth the money falls under the "DO THE RIGHT THING" category for me. Giving him honest and upfront advice is what I offered.

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kevin,

Do you want to:

1. Keep your Hollywood and tweek it?

-or-

2. Buy a new table?

Please let us know.

Kevin11

Kevin,

Do you want to:

1. Keep your Hollywood and tweek it?

-or-

2. Buy a new table?

Please let us know.
I just want to tweek my hollywood, I am not expecting it to play 100% like a diamond. But it’s a great table with old cloth and rails and I just need to spruce it up. Buying a diamond near me is like $5000 which is just not worth it when I can rerail and cloth it for around $1000 and play on it for years afterwards.

If i had the money for a diamond I would get it but for now, sprucing is all im after

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I just want to tweek my hollywood, I am not expecting it to play 100% like a diamond. But it’s a great table with old cloth and rails and I just need to spruce it up. Buying a diamond near me is like $5000 which is just not worth it when I can rerail and cloth it for around $1000 and play on it for years afterwards.

If i had the money for a diamond I would get it but for now, sprucing is all im after

Artemis Intercontinental 66 cushions($375) are whats on a 9' Diamond or older ones have Diamond black k-55($100-$125) Simonis 9' ($325-$350) and that does not include railwork or installation.

You would want to find out what cushions are on your table first.

I would skip all the premium stuff and go for basic cushions $50 and CPBA worsted cloth $160. The table is only going to play as good as it was designed. I could see this route being done for right around $1000, depending on the mechanic of course. Good luck!

Trent from Toledo

p.s. the amount of money put in exceeds the actual value of the table. If you are going to play on it forever , not a big deal then.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's what it sounded like in your first post. I agree with you. What you want is a lot more important than what somebody else might think you should have.

Like I always say, paying a lot of money for a ridiculously expensive pool table never made anybody a better player.

Best of luck with your project. Those Hollywood's are cool. Remember, there's a whole lot of difference between what something is worth and what it costs. I'll bet that Hollywood is worth a million bucks to you.