$10,000 added in Phoenix area

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
AZ Tournament

Race to 1, single elimination.

WINNER TAKE ALL

WINNER OF TOURNAMENT Mr. Or Ms. HOT STUFF

Highest finishing female player wins.........

It's pretty hot down there right now isn't it.:smile: I guess wet T-Shirt contest is still out???:groucho:

What's wrong with a player "AUCTION"?

How about AZBilliards Main Forum getting in on the action?

Will it be STREAMED?

barber23

Chad The Bad
Silver Member
I doubt we could run a calcutta since it is the Arizona liquor board that deems them illegal. The Carefree Resort sells alcohol and would be bound by the same rules.

Wish there was some way around it.

Mike

What if we had a list of the registered players and posted a calcutta on Az billiards. That way we could involve the entire AZ community and probably have a major pot.

Chad

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It will definitely be streamed. Currently, the plan is for AzB to stream it. But that could change depending on a couple different things.

Jerry, I will check with Ric to see if he is putting any big tables on the truck. The idea is being tossed around for a small one pocket tourney during the event. Lets see where that goes.

Mike

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
It will definitely be streamed. Currently, the plan is for AzB to stream it. But that could change depending on a couple different things.

Jerry, I will check with Ric to see if he is putting any big tables on the truck. The idea is being tossed around for a small one pocket tourney during the event. Lets see where that goes.

Mike
Big tables are a plus! If you need any help at all Mike let me know and I will do what I can. I am really excited about this. :thumbup:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Spoke to Ric yesterday. He is not sure if he can get two big tables in the truck, but he will let me know. We have another forum member interested in running a one-pocket event during the event if we can get the tables. More info on that as it develops.

Got a few sign-ups at the DCT stop this weekend. Everyone was excited about the event.

I think what we are going to do is run a mini-tournament Thursday night for AzBers only. Anyone who was registered on the forums before 7/1/10 can sign up. Not sure what we will charge for an entry fee yet. It will not be much. That will be a $500 added event.

Then the main event will kick off Friday at either 5 or 6. Tables will be open all day Friday for practice and mini-tourneys if anyone is interested.

I am off to the trade show next week. Hoping to line up some more sponsors while I am there.

Mike

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
That's awesome.

I really do miss that tournament (Dust-Off). It was a fun tournament that did draw some of the Cali, CO, NV, and NM players. I'm glad you are trying to do something similar... kudos to you. You know I'll support it.

I remember one year at the Dust-Off, Jimmy "I'm a semi-retired lamb killer extraordinaire" Mendoza beat Elvis Presley pretty deep in the field :eek:. It was quite a sight to behold. Maybe this will bring Mr. Mendoza out of the woodwork (or should I say 'off the bike trails').

Ray

Funny you should mention me. This thread did catch my attention and I have been getting the urge to play lately.

Haha. I do remember playing Elvis. Thank you. Thank you very much. He was actually a good player, but the pork chops alone had to win him some games. I won that tournament one year, but I don't know if that was the year. Our resident star was in California playing in an IPT event that weekend, so maybe I got lucky because of the absence of the players who were there! lol. I was actually supposed to play in it myself, but something came up that kept me in Arizona. I guess it turned out for the best! :)

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Sounds like you need to put that bike away for a little while and show Arizona that you still know how to make a ball. Getting tired of explaining to the younger players who Jimmy Mendoza was. They just don't remember. :)

Mike

Funny you should mention me. This thread did catch my attention and I have been getting the urge to play lately.

Haha. I do remember playing Elvis. Thank you. Thank you very much. He was actually a good player, but the pork chops alone had to win him some games. I won that tournament one year, but I don't know if that was the year. Our resident star was in California playing in an IPT event that weekend, so maybe I got lucky because of the absence of the players who were there! lol. I was actually supposed to play in it myself, but something came up that kept me in Arizona. I guess it turned out for the best! :)

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Sounds like you need to put that bike away for a little while and show Arizona that you still know how to make a ball. Getting tired of explaining to the younger players who Jimmy Mendoza was. They just don't remember. :)

Mike

Oh they remember. They remember the guy who played like a schmuck for a couple years before quitting entirely. LOL. I finally followed the advice that Underdog gave me years ago and took a two week layoff, then quit all together. I'm sure I'll have no shortage of action if I start looking to match up. Hell, the neighbor across the street from me has a pool table and his pre-teen kid tells me that he'll beat me! :eek:

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
This is starting to get a lot of attention! Getting calls from up and down the west coast already!

:)

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
This is starting to get a lot of attention! Getting calls from up and down the west coast already!

Is there a limit on the field? I have the form but I want to make sure that I get in early if it can fill up. Otherwise, you know, in trying to be a pool player again, I will procrastinate and get my entry fee in at the last minute.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Come on Jimmy. All of us in Arizona know that you are one of the most prompt pool players in the state.

Mike

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
To the top for one of the best events AZ has seen in a long while, hope this becomes an annual thing. :)

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Come on Jimmy. All of us in Arizona know that you are one of the most prompt pool players in the state.

Mike

Uhhhhh.... if by prompt you mean:

tar·dy
   /ˈtɑrdi/ Show Spelled[tahr-dee] Show IPA

–adjective, -di·er, -di·est.

1. late; behind time; not on time: How tardy were you today?
2. moving or acting slowly; slow; sluggish.
3. delaying through reluctance.

Then, yes, I agree with you Mike! Jimmy is the most *prompt* pool player in the state of Arizona.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
With the 2 big tournaments on back-to-back weekends in Phoenix, I would think we could attrack many players from surrounding states.

• We have the Southwest BCAPL Regional on Sept 1st - 5th.
  • The 6th is Labor Day, Hit up a Water Park or Golf Course or something.
  • Kolby's has a great Tournament on Tuesdays, the 7th.
  • Mini Tournament on Thursday the 9th for AZBer's
  • $10,000 Added Tournament starts on Friday.

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
So in other words Jimmy...get your entry in early! yes...there is a 128 max on the field...lol

good to see you.

Chuck

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Additional Things

I already posted this in the tourney announcement forum, but I wanted it to be discussed by the regulars as this will be an AzBilliards event.

Looking for ideas on additional things we can do with this event. Maybe an AzBers only event on Thursday? Maybe a Midnight Madness on Friday night?

-----------
The Carefree Resort and Conference Center presents the AzBilliards Southwest 10-Ball Classic.

Sept 9-12, 2010

10-Ball on Diamond 7' Coin Op Tables

Carefree Resort and Conference Center
Carefree, Arizona

$10,000 total added money
$500 bonus to top female finisher
Paying out 100% of entry fees plus the added money
$125 entry before 9/3 - $150 after

Sponsored by :
Carefree Resort and Conference Center
Sonoran Custom Cues
More sponsors to be announced

Event will be livestreamed.
-------------

Mike,
You might consider some 10 Ball Ring Games, I recall having alot of fun at one a couple of years back.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the 2 big tournaments on back-to-back weekends in Phoenix, I would think we could attrack many players from surrounding states.

• We have the Southwest BCAPL Regional on Sept 1st - 5th.
  • The 6th is Labor Day, Hit up a Water Park or Golf Course or something.
  • Kolby's has a great Tournament on Tuesdays, the 7th.
  • Mini Tournament on Thursday the 9th for AZBer's
  • $10,000 Added Tournament starts on Friday.

Do you mean attract or attack? :welcome: or :smash:

Last edited:

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Oh they remember. They remember the guy who played like a schmuck for a couple years before quitting entirely. LOL. I finally followed the advice that Underdog gave me years ago and took a two week layoff, then quit all together. I'm sure I'll have no shortage of action if I start looking to match up. Hell, the neighbor across the street from me has a pool table and his pre-teen kid tells me that he'll beat me! :eek:

Oh God. Now I really feel old since I met Jimmy when he was just a kid;)