how are ya'll doing in league ?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well my team shot pretty damn good this weekend. When made it through the Vegas Qualifier. See you guys in August. I hope my 8 ball team wins too. Going to be a long weekend coming up. I feel like I have been playing about the best pool I can.

Congratulations! You'll be seeing a couple of my buddies from Idaho there!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played a 7 last night on the table I dislike the most, unbelievably fast cloth (I'm not talking Simonis fast, I'm talking like glass table fast, tap the ball and it goes four rails) and dead rails. He took a decent lead and as I was getting my stroke dialed in I banked and "thud", missed by a mm, freakin' rails. A little more back and forth, he's probably up 30-20 and 3/4 way through the rack I decide to try another bank on another rail, thud, missed by another mm, later I tried a cross-side bank on the same rail from my first bank only I was about 3" away from the original shot so I played the dead rail - banked solid and came up short. About threw my stick across the room.

I asked if he'd be willing to switch tables, he needed 16 and I needed 40! Moved to the other table, I broke, made a few, played safe, a little back and forth and I win the game. I break and run it, feeling good. Break again, didn't make anything and as the balls are coming to a stop the 1 was sort of buried but then like the parting of the sea the 4 clipped a ball and spread the two balls hiding the one and he was dead straight in the side pocket - he needed 1. As he turned to get his stick I walked up and one-stroked the 1 in. He walked up to the table and realized the 1 was gone and threw his hands up in the air and laughed, we all laughed and had a good time. I was crying on the inside, I hate losing. He's a good shot and he earned it and I let him know, final score was 55-50.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCA 9B started last night. I won 13 of 18 (we double play). Easily should've had 15 of 18 but it is what it is.

A guy on the other team was gunnin' for me because I beat him in both meetings of 8B. 3 games, I tried a safe on the 2 and it snuck out, he ran out then he broke and ran. I got him on the next game. Next round I got him all 3 games :)

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCA 9B started last night. I won 13 of 18 (we double play). Easily should've had 15 of 18 but it is what it is.

A guy on the other team was gunnin' for me because I beat him in both meetings of 8B. 3 games, I tried a safe on the 2 and it snuck out, he ran out then he broke and ran. I got him on the next game. Next round I got him all 3 games :)

Nice going .:thumbup:

I had one of those nights that seem to happen all too often lately . Just slow getting started and body there but head some where else.

First match was 8 ball in a 4-4 race. I lost 4-1. Was not shooting bad at all really but my opponent was shooting pretty sporty. How bad was my head not in the game ? He is up 3-1 and misses his last ball when I finally get to the table. I have a cluster that i know is going to give me problems so I elect to pls a safe and leave the cue ball behind the cluster. He kicks and makes contact with his ball and it breaks up my cluster. All right I think I can manage to run out from there. I pick hp the cue ball thinking I have bih. My opponent says you dont have bih...i say ...you are right and just hand him the cue ball. His last ball goes in the side pocket and the 8 in the other side for the win. What a dang brain fart I had after watching him make a good hit

So later I throw myself in 9 ball and motion for the same guy I played earlier ti come get some. He jumps up with a big grin on his face . It quickly disappeared when I run over him like a freight train. I won 46-24 in a 46 -38 race. I actually lost focus for a little bit and came up short on a shot once that led to him running 5 balls or it would have been a lot worse beat down for him.

Oh yea. first night shooting with my new meucci carbon pro and although one night is probably too early to tell but i think I am gonna like it more than my revo.

My 9 ball break still sucks but tonight was not as bad as usual.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had our 8 ball APA World Qualifier this weekend. My team had people on Vacation this weekend so we had to start with a automatic forfeit putting us 3 in the hole. Team played great. Couldn’t be more proud of them. I won big in all my matches until the last one. I played another 6. He was a class A Jerk. Running off to get a official every other rack. I never got in to the match and he beat me 5 racks to 2. The loss really bothers me. I really hope I get to play him one day soon.

So we lost in 8 ball overall. But still looking forward to Vegas with my 9 ball team.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had our 8 ball APA World Qualifier this weekend. My team had people on Vacation this weekend so we had to start with a automatic forfeit putting us 3 in the hole. Team played great. Couldn’t be more proud of them. I won big in all my matches until the last one. I played another 6. He was a class A Jerk. Running off to get a official every other rack. I never got in to the match and he beat me 5 racks to 2. The loss really bothers me. I really hope I get to play him one day soon.

So we lost in 8 ball overall. But still looking forward to Vegas with my 9 ball team.

Good luck in Vegas and dont forget to just enjoy the experience.

Hate to hear how your 8 ball qualifier went . I know ltc's are a pretty serious event to most people but some take it way too serious. I have ran into a few myself and hate to admit it but I occasionally drop down to their level and give it right back....within the rules of course. Actually some hate to play my teams because I have a memory like an elephant and will stop a match in a heartbeat and call for an observer...only on those who I feel deserve it.

Again...good luck and enjoy yourself.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Our 9 ball ltc's are being held this weekend and neither if my teams are in it but I thought about going down and play in a singles qualifier being held simultaneously but just cant seem ti get my lazy rear in gear. Have league tonight anyway.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our 9 ball ltc's are being held this weekend and neither if my teams are in it but I thought about going down and play in a singles qualifier being held simultaneously but just cant seem ti get my lazy rear in gear. Have league tonight anyway.

lol. I understand pal. Sometimes it’s tough to motivate. I’m looking forward to playing in Vegas. I was on a team that qualified in 2014. But I didn’t get to go. Hoping we have a good time in August and represent our area.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unreal night at league last night.

I played 8 ball in a 4-4 race. Came out with a very tough 4-3 win. I played 6 safes and my opponent played 4. I came away feeling good as my 8 ball game has been downhill this session . Only a 3-4 record until last night.

Played the same guy in 9 ball where he is a 5 and I am a 6. I won the lag ...broke and parked the cue ball smack dab in the middle if the table.....5 comes along and shoves the cue ball into a side pocket. I thought....this aint starting out good. I was right....he runs the table. After a few slops from him...a few fortunate leaves when he missed and another scratch on the break which resulted in him making a bunch of balls I guess I was fortunate to only lose 38-24 in a 38-46 race.

Unbelievable how the tide can turn so fast. Been on a roll with a 6-1 record so far this session including taking down a couple 7's and an 8.

Then my other 6 plays a 5 and basically had the same type match my opponent did. Only difference is his opponent kept getting frustrated ...very visibly....one rack when he scratched he just raked the remaining 4 balls ala earl the pearl. After scratching again When it got to 35-16 he just unscrewed his cue and walked out.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...brace yourselves!

4-4 race in 8 ball. I get up 3-0, on the hill pretty fast. Then my blood sugar gets whacky (not diabetic though) and I cannot think straight.

45 innings...18 safeties by me and 8 by my oppenent...and TWO HOURS later, I lost 4-3.

Then I lost 17-3 to a 7 in 9 ball.

But, strangely, had to do a playback in 8 vs a strong 5, and I won 4-0 in 15 minutes.

Weird.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Ok...brace yourselves!

4-4 race in 8 ball. I get up 3-0, on the hill pretty fast. Then my blood sugar gets whacky (not diabetic though) and I cannot think straight.

45 innings...18 safeties by me and 8 by my oppenent...and TWO HOURS later, I lost 4-3.

Then I lost 17-3 to a 7 in 9 ball.

But, strangely, had to do a playback in 8 vs a strong 5, and I won 4-0 in 15 minutes.

Weird.

That describes amateur pool to a T. It's the lack of consistency (among some other things) that keeps our status as amateurs intact.

Maniac (also in that crowd)

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That describes amateur pool to a T. It's the lack of consistency (among some other things) that keeps our status as amateurs intact.

Maniac (also in that crowd)

Me too. Was on fire the other day - B&R, running the table when I got up, 2 rail kick on the 9, etc. - then...I broke dry, left her with a shot and she missed, I went up and tried something stupid to get a break out and missed, made a comment to my teammate "why not, I'll get back to the table", his reply - Yeah, you've got 9 lives in this one. I won, but it took about 12 freakin' innings.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not posted in here the last couple weeks. I did start 2 threads about my 9 ball break and posted some results in those threads.

Tonight I played just 9 ball and it was vs a 7. I won 46-34 in a 46-55 race . I did shoot good but the outcome was due more to a good break by me every time and the cue ball leaving the table twice on my opponents breaks.

A couple lucky leaves by me when I missed also helped also. I am really liking this new meucxi carbon pro aside from getting used to a softer hit than the revo but it is getting there. Cue ball stopped short of where I wanted it a couple times but managed to make those harder than they should have been shots lol.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to it.... and thanks a lot.

Oh, and you'll be seeing me there as well. We threw a team together at the last minute and went through the A side of the APA Masters Vegas qualifier to knock out the 3-time defending champs :thumbup:

For those not familiar with the APA Masters it is a little weird but fun once you play it a few times.

Pushouts allowed
Jump cues allowed
No 3 foul rule
And you play both 8 and 9 ball.

It's a race to 7 with no handicaps and you play up to 5 8B and 8 9B. Winner of the lag chooses the break or the game. In the video I won the lag and chose 8B. You then play 5 games of 8B, at the end of our 8B I was up 3-2, then you go on to play however many 9B games that are needed. If someone chooses 9B first it's possible you may not play 8B if someone gets 7 of the 9B games. I won my match 7-3.

For the weekend I went undefeated at 4-0 with a total record of 28-13. The other two players each lost one set so they went

Not sure if this link works for those not on FB.

This is our 2nd and 3rd matches, my teammate lost the first match. My teammate in the first match is in the grey t-shirt I am in the second match, oddly, also in a grey t-shirt.

https://www.facebook.com/southidahoapa/videos/1056150541397127/

My APA 9B team is continuing to fall apart and two of my players are leaving and one of my subs is out. But, we're in 1st or 2nd place (we just did a makeup match so waiting for the stats to be input).

My BCA 9B is going good. I don't play every week but the two weeks I have played I went 13-18 and 14-18 and was top shooter both nights.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not posted in here the last couple weeks. I did start 2 threads about my 9 ball break and posted some results in those threads.

Tonight I played just 9 ball and it was vs a 7. I won 46-34 in a 46-55 race . I did shoot good but the outcome was due more to a good break by me every time and the cue ball leaving the table twice on my opponents breaks.

A couple lucky leaves by me when I missed also helped also. I am really liking this new meucxi carbon pro aside from getting used to a softer hit than the revo but it is getting there. Cue ball stopped short of where I wanted it a couple times but managed to make those harder than they should have been shots lol.

I read those threads, good job. It's amazing what a little focused practice can do if you're struggling in a part of your game. Speaking of the cue ball coming up short, one little thing I've been practicing is getting the confidence to shoot longer/tougher shots as needed, i.e. you can pocket a ball and try for a hero leave and if it works you're out but if it doesn't work you're hooked OR you make the shot and just leave a longer/tougher shot. Been focusing on that for a while and it has definitely paid off.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, and you'll be seeing me there as well. We threw a team together at the last minute and went through the A side of the APA Masters Vegas qualifier to knock out the 3-time defending champs :thumbup:

Good luck.. Hope you guys win it all. I sooo want to try the Masters Format. I have watched it the past few years. Seems like something I would enjoy.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I read those threads, good job. It's amazing what a little focused practice can do if you're struggling in a part of your game. Speaking of the cue ball coming up short, one little thing I've been practicing is getting the confidence to shoot longer/tougher shots as needed, i.e. you can pocket a ball and try for a hero leave and if it works you're out but if it doesn't work you're hooked OR you make the shot and just leave a longer/tougher shot. Been focusing on that for a while and it has definitely paid off.

Are you in this video chili? I’m not sure I followed your description of who’s who. I’m nosy about people’s game lol