Meucci cue

jologs1

Registered
Hi all, i am a meucci cue fan , i've noticed however that there are alot of negative comments abt meucci cues especially abt their black dot shaft . I love meucci cues because i think the cue has the best weight distribution compared to other cues . Its like its "butt heavy" which allows me to have a straighter stroke, and apply more english with less effort . This is just imo , although im not a fan of the black dot anymore after i purchased a red dot for the first time . The red dot is by far better than the black dot , and yes i think its also better than the predator 314 2 , i have two 314 2 and one z shaft . And imo the red dot just has a better and solid "pop" when stricking the cue ball . This helps me greatly with soft and short draw shots and stun positioning .Plus during long straight shots , the red dot just seems to hit the cue ball straighter . Its like you dont have to compensate as much when applying english especially top left or top right . Just curious to know what other people's experience are with this cue stick . Thanks

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
You got any pics? Get ready for the flaming to begin. You like what you like and that's what matters.

jologs1

Registered
image.jpg more pic the fist top shaft and butt is a lucassi i bought 3 weeks ago, its just feels weird to shoot with, the third ons down is a predator sneaky pete. the 2nd one down is a meucci 94 series , the same model efren used in the hong kong color of money vrs the pearl. then i have the gambler, and a 21st century power piston cue and the other one i forgot at moment

Last edited:

jologs1

Registered
the power piston with the red dot shaft is my favorite combo thus far, then second would be a 314 2 with the power piston. the z shaft feels weird, it conical in shape and feels like I'm shooting with a pencil tip. the power piston butt gives the most solid hit compared to the other butts thats why i like it

gmcgrath

Registered
I played with a 314 and z2 for about 3 years and loved them. For the heck of it I bought a Meucci pro series cue with the new pro series shaft. I never went back to the predator shafts. I love the feel of the pro series shaft. I even tried to go back to the predators to see if I was crazy but returned to my Meucci pro series. So like Allen Brown said: if you like it, that is what matters.

jologs1

Registered
I was looking at the pro series , its too expensive for me for just a cue shaft imo . But i bet it has the same long taper and solid pop that i love abt meucci red dot shafts, maybe even better . I'd love try one out one day:rolleyes:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was Meucci dealer in the 80's and 90s. Meucci always built a great playing cue. They use a lot of softer plastics in their cues and that is one of the things that make them get the cue ball action so easily. But a fact of life is the early thin wall ferrules cracked a lot and some of the joint rings cracked easier than the the phenolic ringed cues did. So even though the cues have always played great some customers spread bad word on them because of those minor cracking issues. Now with the newer solid capped ferrule system they use we rarely see any ferrule cracking issues, but people on AZ often just want to keep stirring the pot and being negative instead of looking at the improvements that were made to correct the problems. In the 80's before so much Computer Controlled Machinery usage in cue inlay design Bob was way ahead of the other major manufacturers on artistic design and focus on how the cues played.

I can give you an example of AZ members not being fair. There was a thread that got very heated about how well two top end cuemakers cues played. All kinds of people were jumping in the thread saying the simpler designed old school look cuemaker's cues played the best and then it was admitted that most in the thread never owned either makers cues and had never played with either.

PayasoRF

Registered
Any Meucci you order from me, I'll upgrade to the pro shaft for no extra charge.

Do you have a website? I am in the market for a meucci with the pro shaft been looking at budget billiards the upgrade was like 50 something and it came with your choice or hard case 1b/1s or 1b/2s or tip upgrades etc.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was Meucci dealer in the 80's and 90s. Meucci always built a great playing cue. They use a lot of softer plastics in their cues and that is one of the things that make them get the cue ball action so easily. But a fact of life is the early thin wall ferrules cracked a lot and some of the joint rings cracked easier than the the phenolic ringed cues did. So even though the cues have always played great some customers spread bad word on them because of those minor cracking issues. Now with the newer solid capped ferrule system they use we rarely see any ferrule cracking issues, but people on AZ often just want to keep stirring the pot and being negative instead of looking at the improvements that were made to correct the problems. In the 80's before so much Computer Controlled Machinery usage in cue inlay design Bob was way ahead of the other major manufacturers on artistic design and focus on how the cues played.

I can give you an example of AZ members not being fair. There was a thread that got very heated about how well two top end cuemakers cues played. All kinds of people were jumping in the thread saying the simpler designed old school look cuemaker's cues played the best and then it was admitted that most in the thread never owned either makers cues and had never played with either.

I had a Meucci cue about 1985. It played lights out. I could move the cue ball much better with it then the Schon I had. It was a shooting star because it fell apart with in 6 months. Garbage.
Fast forward to the present. A friend of mine just bought a new Meucci cue. I looked it over and the workmanship was good for a production cue. It played quite well and I liked the cue.
But I am going to see if it holds up and does not fall apart.
One last thing- Bob Meucci you owe me a new cue for selling me that piece of shit back in 1985.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Meucci cue about 1985. It played lights out. I could move the cue ball much better with it then the Schon I had. It was a shooting star because it fell apart with in 6 months. Garbage.
Fast forward to the present. A friend of mine just bought a new Meucci cue. I looked it over and the workmanship was good for a production cue. It played quite well and I liked the cue.
But I am going to see if it holds up and does not fall apart.
One last thing- Bob Meucci you owe me a new cue for selling me that piece of shit back in 1985.

Thirty years late and a dollar or two short. The statute of limitations on defective Meucci cues is 3 months.

Just an FYI, that is the same statute of limitations on being paid back a loan by another pool player as well. :thumbup:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was seconds away from a sale.. been talking to the guy for over an hour measureman.... you posted your rant and now he's gone.. no sale. So just that you know.. you're not hurting Meucci, but you're killing me.

Hurting Meucci is just fine with me.He gets what he deserves.
why don't you be a stand up dealer and sell that customer a Viking or a Fury.
He will thank you years later when he still has a nice cue to play with.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was seconds away from a sale.. been talking to the guy for over an hour measureman.... you posted your rant and now he's gone..

That funny, I was talking to Alexis Texas on the phone for about an hour. She was going to come over tonight, but she found out I posted in this thread....... now she's gone too.

Damn you Measureman........... :duck:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who doesn't have a screwed by Bob story?

I still have my David Howard Original. Wonderful cue.

I met one of the league requlars, who asked me if he could help his son progress in the game. Great mannered kid who wanted to learn. Family was dirt poor. I told him if he would apply for community college and keep his full time job he could go to the local events. He got accepted in 1990 I bought him a new Meucci.
I swear the damn shaft warped before that afternoon.

Took it straight back. The dealer said the warranty experience when you chalked the cue. Lesson learned.
Bought him a Cue Tec and he still has it.

Don't be whining about people telling the truth about Bob. You might have thought about his reputation before you became dependent on his product.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gardener28

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who doesn't have a screwed by Bob story?

I still have my David Howard Original. Wonderful cue.

I met one of the league requlars, who asked me if he could help his son progress in the game. Great mannered kid who wanted to learn. Family was dirt poor. I told him if he would apply for community college and keep his full time job he could go to the local events. He got accepted in 1990 I bought him a new Meucci.
I swear the damn shaft warped before that afternoon.

Took it straight back. The dealer said the warranty experience when you chalked the cue. Lesson learned.
Bought him a Cue Tec and he still has it.

Don't be whining about people telling the truth about Bob. You might have thought about his reputation before you became dependent on his product.

Well said.
If you are presenting a nice product, the product itself will back you up.
If not, then you can keep people from telling the truth..

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Meucci cues

Meucci black dot cues = buy junk and hating Bob Meucci because he didn't warranty the crap cues that came out of his factory....

Bobs owes me for 3 black dot cues I bought and all three fell apart with in 6 months of getting them.
The meucci dealers where having problems with the cues going to shit before they ever got sold and BOB wouldn't even warranty those cues ...

The wrap section is a total F joke.

Please note that the face is not even or flush, and yes I saw the crack or delamination.

But who really cares about little cracks when you got big ones .

And how about another shinning example of meucci's wrap section again.

I got a delaminted black dot meucci shaft I use for a pry bar on my motorcycle so I wont scratch the chrome, And that is what I thnk about meucci cues, and I think allot less of BOB Meucci............

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just left the pool room. Guess who was on the phone begging the owner to stock his junk?