Possible to make a butt extension, or another route?

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to try to add a bit more length to my cue to see how it feels, currently it is 63" in total length and I'm looking to add another 4-6" to see how it feels. I'm 6'6" and have a wingspan that is closer to 7 foot. The cue I have is a custom built BHQ and now that I'm playing again after a 10 year layoff I'm looking to make things as comfortable as possible using the new items which are available.

I've been looking at the balance rite mid extensions as an option, my only worry is adding too much forward weight doing this. I'm including two photos of the butt of my cue, not sure if the "threads" in there can be used for an extension to be screwed into, but I figure I'd ask for the opinions of the experts.

Thank you
James

Attachments

• 20200113_073906.jpg
    20200113_073906.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 20200113_073927.jpg
    20200113_073927.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you post some pictures in focus?
A combination of a mid extension and butt extender would solve your problem

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to try to add a bit more length to my cue to see how it feels, currently it is 63" in total length and I'm looking to add another 4-6" to see how it feels. I'm 6'6" and have a wingspan that is closer to 7 foot. The cue I have is a custom built BHQ and now that I'm playing again after a 10 year layoff I'm looking to make things as comfortable as possible using the new items which are available.

I've been looking at the balance rite mid extensions as an option, my only worry is adding too much forward weight doing this. I'm including two photos of the butt of my cue, not sure if the "threads" in there can be used for an extension to be screwed into, but I figure I'd ask for the opinions of the experts.

Thank you
James

The easy answer is yes. Using the mid extension and the rear extension is a pain. To many pieces in the mix. On your cue, I would install a phenolic plug. Wood strips out to easy if the weight bolt thread is 3/8x16. I did this one for a McDermott, 10 inches long. I drilled and tapped into McDermott s existing weight bolt using a 1/4x20. Every cue is different but no biggy.

IMG_20190329_085042.jpg
IMG_20190329_084921.jpg
IMG_20190329_085439.jpg

Hope this helps

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a better look at the bumper, there is no weight belt in this cue, I purchased a 31" cf shaft today for the cue, not sure how much that may or may not change how the cue shoots.

Attachments

• 20200113_191911.jpg
    20200113_191911.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 233

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a better look at the bumper, there is no weight belt in this cue, I purchased a 31" cf shaft today for the cue, not sure how much that may or may not change how the cue shoots.

That bumper is a 3/8x16 thread. On the ones I've done with that thread. I converted the butts over to a plug bumber with a hole in it and glued it in place so the cue is never without a bumper whether the extension is on or not.

IMG_20190816_103052.jpg

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That bumper is a 3/8x16 thread. On the ones I've done with that thread. I converted the butts over to a plug bumber with a hole in it and glued it in place so the cue is never without a bumper whether the extension is on or not.

View attachment 538937

Can you message me a price to have the work done, I probably wont be able to have it done for a while, no income while I recover and my cf shaft had to be covered by my best friend.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you message me a price to have the work done, I probably wont be able to have it done for a while, no income while I recover and my cf shaft had to be covered by my best friend.

I don't take work from AZ. It's a conflict of my interest in being a member. I just try to offer technical support.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a JD Cue with that Bumper. The Jacoby Extension and Bumper kit screws right in . The screw in the rubber bumper is aluminum.
Weighs the same as the rubber bumper you have. Only weight added is the Extension.

I bought mine from Seyberts.

Last edited: