Nice work, Petree Cues

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems like reviews have become controversial of late, so if you don't like reviews then stop reading.

Anyway, I needed a fair bit of work done on an old Runde era Schon:

1) refinish the butt (the part from the back of the wrap to the butt cap only)
2) New wrap
3) New joint ring on the shaft--to make the ring from a newer Schon shaft match the dashed ring on the butt
4) Clean up the shaft and put on a new tip; reseal the bottom part

Turnaround: about 2 weeks.
Workmanship: cue looks super, everything as promised.
Communication: JW of Petree PM'd once or twice to make sure everything was as I wanted.
Price: $120, which I think was a really great deal.

I'd send more work to him in a heartbeat. Only drawback is that his shop is apparently in the middle of nowhere. FedEx ground was about $24 instead of the usual $12 or so. Next time, I'll use USPS.

Cory

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for all the details and the positive report on the work you received.
Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pictures eventually.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Cory in DC said:
I'd send more work to him in a heartbeat. Only drawback is that his shop is apparently in the middle of nowhere. FedEx ground was about $24 instead of the usual $12 or so. Next time, I'll use USPS.

Cory

Same here.. JW is awesome to deal with.... and USPS is the way to go..when he rewrapped a predator sp8 for me with leather and put some moori's on my scruggs shafts, and the shaft cleanings he did, he did a A PLUS job!!!!

i send him everything in a cue case, and sent it priority.. it wasnt that expensive....

JW does great work and thats a fact... :)

chris

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
114   1   0
Me too...me too!!!!

A little while ago, after seeing Hal's Dufferin conversion (and getting the new-cue-bug yet AGAIN)....I touched base with JWP about making a conversion cue for me.

Long and the short of it.....the cue arrived today, and is PERFECT!!! It's exactly what I wanted, the fit and finish is flawless, and I'm told that the cue hits a TON! Most of us have experience, I'm sure, with ordering a cue....and then having the final product not quite match up. This cue, however, is precisely what I wanted...down to the very last detail.

Those of ya'll that know me will testify to the fact that I'm......um......slightly obsessive when it comes to my cues, and JWP absolutely exceeded every hope and expectation. It's a rosewood Duff. conversion with a 5/16x14 piloted joint, brown collars, brown buttcap, white with brown spec linen wrap, and weighted to my desire.

ALL IN ALL, I COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER WITH THE RESULT....AND WITH HIS WORK.

Chalk up another HUGE fan of Mr. Petree. I get to take it out this weekend for a spin...and I'll post up a pic or two of his great work once I find more batteries for the camera.

THANK YOU JWP - I'M THRILLED!!

dpaulnot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Petree cues

My first read of a Petree cue review was recently posted by Bamacues. Having a good deal of respect for his opinion I have now "special "ordered a JB cue from Mr Petree to my requested specs. Very nice to hear/see all of this positive feedback as well. Makes the wait a liitle harder, but more rewarding!!

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
I got a package from Mr. Petree yesterday, too!! :D

1 black lizard print re-wrap - check
1 re-weighting of cue - check
2 very dirty shafts cleanup - check
Fast turnaround - check
Price is right - DOUBLE-CHECK!

I am not a big fan of textured leather, but JW convinced me to put it on a Petree cue that I own while he was slightly lowering the weight on it. Man, was he right. It changed the whole look of the cue - for the better - and feels great to boot. I'm still looking for that seam, too! :)

You practically can't hold onto the shafts that he cleaned up because they are so slick. Love that feel.

Everyone's comments above and my experiences with Mr. Petree are why I own three of his cues, have one on order and we are talking about a design for another.

Thanks, JW! :cool:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
dpaulnot said:
My first read of a Petree cue review was recently posted by Bamacues. Having a good deal of respect for his opinion I have now "special "ordered a JB cue from Mr Petree to my requested specs. Very nice to hear/see all of this positive feedback as well. Makes the wait a liitle harder, but more rewarding!!

You will not be disappointed. He really takes a lot of pride in his work. I let one of the up and coming young guns at the pool hall hit with the J/B JW made for me. He blasted the balls, and said "Holy s#@* !! I don't do a lot of jumping because we just did not do it when I was growing up, but these J/B cues jump effortlessly.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
Bamacues said:
You will not be disappointed. He really takes a lot of pride in his work. I let one of the up and coming young guns at the pool hall hit with the J/B JW made for me. He blasted the balls, and said "Holy s#@* !! I don't do a lot of jumping because we just did not do it when I was growing up, but these J/B cues jump effortlessly.
This is funny, because 1pRoscoe tried my Petree J/B cue and has been whining ever since for me to sell it to him. :p

Same reason - it blasts a rack like nothing I've ever broken with. :cool:

ShaneT58

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear all the good reviews too. I was in the market for a j/b and after hearing all the reviews decided to order one from Petree. So far all I can say is the customer service is great. I can't wait to get the cue.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
ScottR said:
This is funny, because 1pRoscoe tried my Petree J/B cue and has been whining ever since for me to sell it to him. :p

Same reason - it blasts a rack like nothing I've ever broken with. :cool:
I want that cue, Scott....