Pool Shoes

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know there have been threads about great shoes to play in, but I think it should be addressed occassionally as new one are coming out.

Whenever I shop for anything, I always consider how it will affect my pool game. Shoes especially. I look for good carpet traction, comfortable sole & good comfy interior. I'm currently playing in some Johnston Murphy casuals. They are extremely comfortable in the long haul and grip very well.

Does anyone have shoes that you swear by as "players"?

Ray

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I play pool in 2 different kinds of shoes... New Balances and Nike Shox. The Nike's give the New Balances the 7 out.

When I play one-pocket I wear orthopedics. (joke)

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes

burns420 said:
its all about the socks these days.

I've been wearing full cushion GoldToe athletic black lately.Very comfy! I had a buddy years ago that proclaimed you get about anything you wanted for a pair of GoldToes in the "joint". :D.

Ray

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Nike Air Max TL4
nikeql6.jpg

But I bookmarked that Johnston Murphy page.

Last edited:

bencho

n00b
Silver Member
branpureza said:
i wear these when I practice... they feel so natural.

hahahaha.... I personally just wear Reebok classics... or lately, ive been doing Rockport Loafers.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Wear comfortable shoes

Bigtruck said:
I know there have been threads about great shoes to play in, but I think it should be addressed occassionally as new one are coming out.

Whenever I shop for anything, I always consider how it will affect my pool game. Shoes especially. I look for good carpet traction, comfortable sole & good comfy interior. I'm currently playing in some Johnston Murphy casuals. They are extremely comfortable in the long haul and grip very well.

Ray
Bigtruck this subject comes up about once a year here..In my opinion it is more important than most thimk...I prefer to wear my comfortable gym/walking shoes.....:)

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
L M A O !!!!!

branpureza said:
i wear these when I practice... they feel so natural.

I wonder if you could wear those at the BCA Nationals?:D

Ray

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
British Knights! ;)

The shoes that light up when you walk may be helpfull too. They may look stupid and not be comfy at all, but you could walk around your opponenets line of sight and shark them!

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Check these out .;) http://www.zcoil.com/ People I have asked who were wearing them, swear they are really all they claim and more.:rolleyes: What I like is custom fit, for some reason one foot is 1/2 size bigger than the other.:confused: Kindy of nerdy, but at 60, i dont care i want comfort. Now i just have to convince the wife I NEED them.:eek:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:

Ray

Come on Ray, just close your eyes and count backwards from 100. It will happen and you will feel all better in the morning.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
I look for good carpet traction

I love that line lol.

on a serious note too, i think there's definitely something to be said for wearing some sort of shoe as opposed to trainer - kind of keeps you flatter and more balanced. steadier. trainers have a tendency to make you rock a little bit.

Shortside K

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what next???

ironman said:
Come on Ray, just close your eyes and count backwards from 100. It will happen and you will feel all better in the morning.

I totally agree with you, Ironman.
What's next? What color of shirt makes you play better?
Does the type of soap you wash with affect your game?
Sheeesh!

All that's needed is a little common sense.

You can play in any type of shoes. Yes, if you are playing in a tournament or a long session it makes sense to wear comfortable shoes. However, picking shoes specifically for playing pool seems a bit extreme.

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
LOL...I love my pool shoes...

They are the original ones that Dorothy wore in the Wizzard of Oz ... Whenever I get in over my head on the table I can still click them together three times and repeat over and over "There is no place like home " and presto I'm out of there waking up at home in bed like nothing ever happened ... Best pool shoes I ever owned...

Did I mention my Billiards cell phone it comes in handy for the times when I don't have on my Pool shoes... Just flip it open and call my starship Enterprise ... And tell Scotty to beam me up I'm in a world of **** ...

Ya'll dont even want to know about what I wear / have when things are going good ...lol...

9BallPaul

Banned
The only footgear for pool

Gotta be a pair of Keens. Most comfy shoe ever. We're like a cult. When we see others wearing them, we stop them on the street for conversation.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The King said:
They are the original ones that Dorothy wore in the Wizzard of Oz ... Whenever I get in over my head on the table I can still click them together three times and repeat over and over "There is no place like home " and presto I'm out of there waking up at home in bed like nothing ever happened ... Best pool shoes I ever owned...

Did I mention my Billiards cell phone it comes in handy for the times when I don't have on my Pool shoes... Just flip it open and call my starship Enterprise ... And tell Scotty to beam me up I'm in a world of **** ...

Ya'll dont even want to know about what I wear / have when things are going good ...lol...

Hey Ray,
This guy needs a little sleep too>