Bamboo Pool Cases

DCsquared

Registered
Hey,

So I really wanted a bamboo pool case but was unable to find anything on the market. So I decided to make my own. We ordered a bunch of bamboo from Vancouver and started to see what we could do with the stuff. My partner Natalie is a pretty kick ass artist so we worked together and this is what we came up with. I hope you enjoy them, let me know what you think.

For more photos check out my public album. There are up close pics of my case, which has an incredible piece of art work burned into it by Natalie.

Josh

Attachments

• All Cases.jpg
    All Cases.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Josh1.jpg
    Josh1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 525
  • hisandher.jpg
    hisandher.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 524
  • Ninja1.jpg
    Ninja1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 524

DCsquared

Registered
Inside

As you can imagine making the inside is insanely hard to deal with. The amount of space is quite limited, so what I have done on mine is make removable fabric sleeve. The sleeve's open end is large enough to expand over the edge of the case so you just open it up, fold it over the top and your cues are ready to pull out. The nice thing about them is they are washable, can be made to have as many/as little compartments as needed and they can be made from whatever material/color you can imagine. You can have as many as you would like, depending on how you feel. Mine is just out of a black hemp fabric because I felt it worked with my theme.

To keep them protected I we lined the inside of the bamboo with some biodegradable ultra thin, high density foam. The bottom has a large piece of high density foam to protect them when you drop them in the case.

Josh

cueboy007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interesting case, prices?
Is the bamboo specialy treated to withhold moisture and temperature changes?
an accessory cup would be a great addition, like those in Thomas cases.

Exile

that definatly rolled....
Silver Member
looks nice.

I made a couple of bamboo cases a few years back but the weight vs usable storage space put me off in the end. That's why I developed my Carbon Fibre cue case. It has thin walls but is Very strong and weighs a lot less than even the vinyl covered particle board cases:cool:.

I like the colouring on the one that looks like snakewood (to my eyes anyway).

nice job

DCsquared

Registered
Cup

Haven't really decided on a price yet. Really just getting a feel for if there would be any interest out there. Obviously the more Pyrography on it the more expensive they would be as it is a very time intensive process (mine took 60 hours).

Bamboo has it's own water resistant coating. I also apply a paste wax or lacquer that makes it water resistant as well. The bamboo is so hard and sturdy, especially on the bigger cases. People use this stuff in rainy areas to make fences and they last for 4 or 5 years. I think I can also make the sleeve out of something water resistant.

As for an accessory cup, I have left room in the top of most of them for something exactly like that. Either a pouch or a cup made from a smaller piece of bamboo. Still playing with what I'm going to do there.

DCsquared

Registered
Your right about the weight. The big guys are pretty damn heavy, even mine has some serious weight to it. I did a double strap wich allows me to carry it in tons of different ways if I am in for the long haul with it on my back.

The small 1 q snooker cases are incredibly light though, but super small.

blah blah

Shoebat
Beautiful cases!

I saw that you said you were working on inserts for cue padding... Maybe get some nice material, batting, and sew a quilted insert?

Keep us posted with both interior pics and pricing.

DCsquared

Registered
I took some shots of the pyrography on my case. I'll post a few more in a bit as well as shots of the interior.

Attachments

• Josh3.jpg
    Josh3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 369
  • josh4.jpg
    josh4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 370
  • josh5.jpg
    josh5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 375
  • josh6.jpg
    josh6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 367
  • josh7.jpg
    josh7.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 371

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well done!

Also you have done all you need to do with the sleeve. Functional, protective and unique. What more can someone want?

Excellent work.

DCsquared

Registered
Some more pics

Here are some more of the burning and a close up of the snooker brief case.

Attachments

• josh9.jpg
    josh9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 288
  • josh10.jpg
    josh10.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 295
  • josh11.jpg
    josh11.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 294
  • josh12.jpg
    josh12.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Lepord1.jpg
    Lepord1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 292

DCsquared

Registered
I will have a couple of these at the Expo if anyboyd is interested in taking a closer look. I'm in the tap tournament all weekend, so I will be around any time.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those look great. Count me in as a potential customer once you've got some idea of pricing.

DCsquared

Registered
I hadn't planned on selling them here as they have a few things missing on them still and I do not have a booth. But if you are interested in ordering one, I would be willing to discuss pricing and a custom idea for one.

I don't really know to price these, so some input on that from the experts would be great help.

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
keep me on file

well, when you are ready to set up shop and sell these cases just pm me.

i'm interested in giving your cases a try.

regards, -marlo