Action at pro events

HitHrdNDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone ever match up at events like the BCA or U.S. open. I like watching tournaments, but watching some high stakes action is the nuts.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering the same thing. I know so many talk about the DCC but I often wonder just how it compares to other tournaments. Not having been fortunate enough to make it to any big ones off my back porch I would like to know as well. I've been to DCC for 6 of the last 7 years and evryone knows what it is.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
Does anyone ever match up at events like the BCA or U.S. open? I like watching tournaments, but watching some high stakes action is the nuts.

No way. They are there to play the tourney and at night they all eat a nice satisfying meal and go to bed early.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dead Money said:
No way. They are there to play the tourney and at night they all eat a nice satisfying meal and go to bed early.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
Does anyone ever match up at events like the BCA or U.S. open. I like watching tournaments, but watching some high stakes action is the nuts.
There's usually plenty of action during the week of the US Open. I've seen some good matches at the pool room for big $$.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
When I was at the DCC 05 I was wondering what everyone did when their matches were over.

I was unsatisfied with the action I saw. At one point I was considering swimming in the pool. And going into town for a burger.

Sleeping early has its benefits and so does eating well.
Benefits with no immediate rewards.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must say that it depends on which week you were at DCC. Until this past January I had always went the second week and it was non stop action. This year being there the first week was not as satisfying. I guess maybe I was spoiled from all the action in the second week from prior years. Still, there was alot going on but not in every part of the hotel like years prior.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I can tell you for a fact that downtown Norfolk,the original location of Barry Behrman's Q-Masters,was a 3 ring circus during the U.S. Open at one time. I've watched Grady,Corey,C.J.,Rodney,Ginky,and practically everyone else gamble there in the 3 times I've been there for the Open. That room was burned to the ground under mysterious circumstances after Barry sold it,but I'm sure his Virginia Beach room still brings them in. Tommy D.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
Does anyone ever match up at events like the BCA or U.S. open? I like watching tournaments, but watching some high stakes action is the nuts.
Dead Money said:
Sad to say, but that's actually becoming more and more true nowdays. :(

mirdavanfe

seasoned beginner
Silver Member
penguin said:
Sad to say, but that's actually becoming more and more true nowdays. :(

being at the WPC i can tell that it's only americans who do not dare venturing out for money matches.everyone else did.

same at the DCC,even the televised challenges had pinoys waiting forever for opposition to show up:rolleyes:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy-D said:
> I can tell you for a fact that downtown Norfolk,the original location of Barry Behrman's Q-Masters,was a 3 ring circus during the U.S. Open at one time. I've watched Grady,Corey,C.J.,Rodney,Ginky,and practically everyone else gamble there in the 3 times I've been there for the Open. That room was burned to the ground under mysterious circumstances after Barry sold it,but I'm sure his Virginia Beach room still brings them in. Tommy D.
During the U.S. Open, Barry B. keeps the current Q-Masters open 24-7 for the entire week. Regardless of the time of day, there is always some action to watch. Some players have been know to play all night at Q-Masters and go directly to their match at the Open.