Meucci

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
To be honest, it's really not possible to do an all inclusive review of the Meucci cue. Just for some edification I'll throw in my experiences though. Back in the 80s Meucci was considered by many to be one of the best clubs going. In the 2000 - 2010 years they had a very bad reputation because of quality control,

I'm not going to debate the issues here .. just going to state a few things:

1. Cue one: A "WTB" cue that Meucci did as a promotional gig ... decent stick, but run of the mill ... didn't have the Meucci "taper". Played decent.

2. A 2017 cue that sells as a "HOF" cue. I guess back in 1992 they (Meucci) decided to resurrect some popular models .. and the cue is actually a 1984 model.

The typical 14-16 Meucci taper provides a very "whippy" feel. Red Dot, Black Dot, No Dot ... doesn't matter. Is it "Low Deflection"? ... yea ... sorta.

In the end .. the quality still isn't at the top. Fun to shoot with and all ... but the inlays, points and such just don't match up with the top cue makers.

Meucci cues are not as bad as many folks say .. but they are not all that great either. Very over-priced (IMO) ... but shoot "OK"

Last edited:

Bill198337

Registered
I have a 95-2 that I like to play with. I would like one of the originals though

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, it's really not possible to do an all inclusive review of the Meucci cue. Just for some edification I'll throw in my experiences though. Back in the 80s Meucci was considered by many to be one of the best clubs going. In the 2000 - 2010 years they had a very bad reputation because of quality control,

I'm not going to debate the issues here .. just going to state a few things:

1. Cue one: A "WTB" cue that Meucci did as a promotional gig ... decent stick, but run of the mill ... didn't have the Meucci "taper". Played decent.

2. A 2017 cue that sells as a "HOF" cue. I guess back in 1992 they (Meucci) decided to resurrect some popular models .. and the cue is actually a 1984 model.

The typical 14-16 Meucci taper provides a very "whippy" feel. Red Dot, Black Dot, No Dot ... doesn't matter. Is it "Low Deflection"? ... yea ... sorta.

In the end .. the quality still isn't at the top. Fun to shoot with and all ... but the inlays, points and such just don't match up with the top cue makers.

Meucci cues are not as bad as many folks say .. but they are not all that great either. Very over-priced (IMO) ... but shoot "OK"
As always Ched, we readers appreciate your well written and well thought-out feedback.

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was first learning pool and playing casually back in 2005, used my friend's old Euro line meucci. It was his cue from the late 80s/early 90s and it played great.

Fast forward to 2011 when I first started taking pool seriously. My cousin let me hit with his PP4 from the 2000s? Red Dot shaft. Played okay as well.

Now I had to buy my own, bought the PPAC3 because I figured it'd be closest to the PP4, and at the time meucci only offered black dot shafts (or UW & Predator shaft upgrades) with all their cues. Bought it and the black dot shaft warped within a week.

Now after some time and owning a variety of cues, I don't understand anyone that would pay their full asking prices for brand new meucci's nowadays. They seem to offer more variety in terms of shafts and pins, but jeez.

I did have a road agent that I dearly miss. Loved the design of that cue and the night agent (with rainbow colored sky in the buttcap...vs the blended one) would be the only one i'd purchase again.