Cool aiming vid............

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd pay good money to see that stream. If they play even, of course. No BS spots, please.

I can't imagine a game where he'd have much of a chance without a spot. That's why I say it's never gonna happen.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I can't imagine a game where he'd have much of a chance without a spot. That's why I say it's never gonna happen.

I guess it might still be entertaining. Less so, but still worth a watch. Anyhow, I guess when meeting up in person the tone between the participants would be lot more civilized and friendly, at least I hope so. Might make the climate in the aiming forum better, too. Maybe there should be an "aiming forum gettogether" sometime in the future? Might even take a flight across the Atlantic for that one.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess it might still be entertaining. Less so, but still worth a watch. Anyhow, I guess when meeting up in person the tone between the participants would be lot more civilized and friendly, at least I hope so. Might make the climate in the aiming forum better, too. Maybe there should be an "aiming forum gettogether" sometime in the future? Might even take a flight across the Atlantic for that one.

I know I'd be polite and civil. I don't have anything against him. I don't even know him, besides his name. Which is basically all he knows about me, but he sure likes to talk a lot of trash.

I think it would be cool to meet up with a bunch of the players here. It would be a great time among fellow lovers of the game. It's funny... in a real pool room no one talks crap about which aiming method you use, unless you're super slow and take a minute or more on each shot. Slow play gets some people riled up pretty quickly. Anyway, a forum get-together is a good idea.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand about no big deal. I don't play pool for a living, so it's no big deal when I screw up. That's the best way to look at it. When I'm playing great I love it.
When I'm not playing great I know it's because I haven't been playing as much as I should.

Congratulations on the qualifier win and stroke em up next month. There is qualifier coming up for the Derby, but I don't see me making that unless I get this house on the market.

I got ninth again. Seem to be developing a little problem playing on Sunday mornings. But I'll take it. Nice field of 128 amateurs from all over the USA and Canada.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got ninth again. Seem to be developing a little problem playing on Sunday mornings. But I'll take it. Nice field of 128 amateurs from all over the USA and Canada.

Good going, cookie. Don't know if you've been checking, or are still there, but Blake Baker defeated Bobby Stovall for the title.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Excellent! Way to stroke em up! Start skipping church in favor of Sunday morning pool instead :grin:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Have to figure it out for sure.

Am I remembering correctly.... A couple years ago Dave Segal posted that you've actually won the event one year, or placed 2nd or 3rd....can't remember.

Here's an honest question that deserves an honest answer: Have you been a good player for quite a few years, way before CTE, or were you lousy until you started using CTE?

I suspect you were already a pretty strong player in your local poolhall or home town. Just curious. And this in no way is saying CTE hasn't been a benefit to you.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I remembering correctly.... A couple years ago Dave Segal posted that you've actually won the event one year, or placed 2nd or 3rd....can't remember.

Here's an honest question that deserves an honest answer: Have you been a good player for quite a few years, way before CTE, or were you lousy until you started using CTE?

I suspect you were already a pretty strong player in your local poolhall or home town. Just curious. And this in no way is saying CTE hasn't been a benefit to you.

I finished ninth also about 4 years ago.
Good question. Yes I was a pretty good player before CTE. But i usually just went 2 and 2 in the amateur, never making it very far. CTE has enabled me to make those extra few shots to put me over the hump. You know tournament races to 7 are often decided by just a few shots, I'm making those shots now and it is making a difference. Always finished one round out of the money at SBX and would love to go back now. Haven't been there in about 8 years. I really think I would make the money rounds at this point. At 60 years old I'm playing better then i ever have.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good question. Yes I was a pretty good player before CTE. But i usually just went 2 and 2 in the amateur, never making it very far. CTE has enabled me to make those extra few shots to put me over the hump. You know tournament races to 7 are often decided by just a few shots, I'm making those shots now and it is making a difference. Always finished one round out of the money at SBX and would love to go back now. Haven't been there in about 8 years. I really think I would make the money rounds at this point. At 60 years old I'm playing better then i ever have.

In 2007 for example. The tournament was held in Georgia. I was out saturday afternoon, easy to remember cause the wife and i then got tickets and went to a Miranda Lambert concert. Well the winner that year, Jason Richko, I beat this past Saturday night 7-3. 2007 would have been about 2 years before i ever heard about CTE. I do believe I have made major strides in my game since learning CTE. Keep in mind that I'm getting older and the general assumption would be that I shouldn't be making major strides between the ages of 50 and 60. Nothings really changed except for the fact that I became a CTE player.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the reply. And congrats again on a great finish. I am hoping to make it SBX again this year. Hope to see you there.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep in mind that I'm getting older and the general assumption would be that I shouldn't be making major strides between the ages of 50 and 60. Nothings really changed except for the fact that I became a CTE player.

The bold part is a little silly. Yes, if you do nothing different from what you've always done then you won't get much better. If are determined to get better then you will start to work on your problem areas with the idea of actually fixing them. For you, CTE helped with whatever you needed.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bold part is a little silly. Yes, if you do nothing different from what you've always done then you won't get much better. If are determined to get better then you will start to work on your problem areas with the idea of actually fixing them. For you, CTE helped with whatever you needed.

Well Efren is only 5 years older then me but most consider him over the hill

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Funny thing is i'm not really determined to get better. 7 years ago i moved to florida. Started going to the beach and riding jet skiis on the weekends. Hardly ever play in tournaments anymore. Also only play league one night a week now compared to 3 nights when i lived in baltimore. But yea, CTE helped with everything. Made the game easier to play, made me more consistent because the visual perceptions are basically the same for most shots. So you are the silly one constantly trying to put down CTE instead of just accepting the fact that it really helps the people that have truly learned it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Efren is only 5 years older then me but most consider him over the hill

You're not Efren. He peaked as a professional so there's nowhere to go but down. Are you saying you were the best player you could possibly be when you were 25? I know I'm a heck of a lot better now than I was 25 years ago and I know I'll be better next year than I am right now. I haven't stopped learning new things that make me better because I play recreationally, not as a full time obsession.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're not Efren. He peaked as a professional so there's nowhere to go but down. Are you saying you were the best player you could possibly be when you were 25? I know I'm a heck of a lot better now than I was 25 years ago and I know I'll be better next year than I am right now. I haven't stopped learning new things that make me better because I play recreationally, not as a full time obsession.

That's great. I applaud you. Why don't you enter the Amateur qualifier next year and we can link up at the finals. Who knows, we might even draw each other in the tournament. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great. I applaud you. Why don't you enter the Amateur qualifier next year and we can link up at the finals. Who knows, we might even draw each other in the tournament. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Uhh...what? My sarcasm meter is broken so I can't tell. Traveling to FL to play pool isn't in the cards, sorry. EDIT: I see you expect to see me in the FINALS. I'll be there, but with two 9-12 finishes and that declining game of yours I'm not likely to see you there. :wink:

I took the liberty of looking you up since you never use your name around here and are a bit mysterious that way. You LOOK like a normal guy, :p I think anonymity can be a problem. People are less likely to get into online pissing matches with people they know a little, even if it's just a photo or short video clip.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uhh...what? My sarcasm meter is broken so I can't tell. Traveling to FL to play pool isn't in the cards, sorry. EDIT: I see you expect to see me in the FINALS. I'll be there, but with two 9-12 finishes and that declining game of yours I'm not likely to see you there. :wink:

I took the liberty of looking you up since you never use your name around here and are a bit mysterious that way. You LOOK like a normal guy, :p I think anonymity can be a problem. People are less likely to get into online pissing matches with people they know a little, even if it's just a photo or short video clip.

Well i've never been shy if anyone has asked for my name. It's Dave Stem. Don't want you looking up the wrong person, although i have no idea where you would actually look to find info on me.

So let me explain slowly since you don't quite understand. There are qualifiers played in late september around the country. They take 8 to 10 people from each qualifier and send them to the FINALS in Tampa around early November. 128 players in all. So when I said Finals I meant the actual tournament itself and not.the final of the tournament.
But hey, if you think you can hang with players with these kind of fargo ratings then go for it.
Bobby Stoval fargo 703
Blake Baker Fargo 714
Abrin Schaad Fargo 738
Chris Gentile Fargo 664

finishing 5/6th
David Rowell fargo 687
Mike Leigh Fargo 693

By the way, do you even have a fargo rating?