How About That Danny Boy!

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Got to love it when someone pays their dues and gets PAID!

Congrats to Mr. Delicioso (as i call him)

One question. Is that deal for the rights to his story, or the rights for him and his agent's story. Or is that just a typo in the announcement?

SUPERSTAR

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SUPERSTAR said:
Got to love it when someone pays their dues and gets PAID!

Congrats to Mr. Delicioso (as i call him)

One question. Is that deal for the rights to his story, or the right for him and his agent's story. Or is that just a typo in the announcment?

SUPERSTAR

I thought the same thing, SUPERSTAR! I think it's a typo, and that the book will be about Danny's rise in the pool world via on-the-road travels and professional play.

I'm so happy for Danny! I'll bet his parents are beaming with pride, especially his dad. He let Danny follow his dreams, even though his dad had doubts about the future of his son being a pool player. Just goes to show you that with the power of positive thinking, and a good agent, this talented and charismatic 27-year-old player from New Jersey can be all that he can be.

JAM

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich is going to Hollywood! With a million-dollar movie deal and an upcoming book in the making, the New Jersey kid is going all the way to the top.
Good for Danny. :D :D :D

I also hope the jerk from Billiards Club Network reads this.
He wouldn't let Danny enter a ring game, at the 2004 U.S. Open, because he didn't think Danny would look good on TV.
As it turned out, the ring game didn't happen, but that guy showed everyone what a jerk he is.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
In case you missed it on the Home Page, this just in: http://azbilliards.com/2000storyb.cfm?storynum=2608

Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich is going to Hollywood! With a million-dollar movie deal and an upcoming book in the making, the New Jersey kid is going all the way to the top.

Danny, congratulations! :)

JAM

The story says it was a multi-million dollar deal. Thats huge for a movie idea.
Most scripts are not bought for that much. I wish them well and hope Hollywood does not get them.
I am a fan of Dannys and hope the script writing goes well. I just hope
it keeps his image up. It would be easy for Hollywood to turn this
the wrong way. Also easy for the public to get yet another wrong image
about the sport. Another hustling griffter movie about pool.

I wonder if the writer had already started the book. If that is the case maybe it wont be too long before we get a chance to read it.

Who plays Danny and Bob? anyone have any thoughts?

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go Danny! I think a story about Danny's rise to the top could make for one awesome movie, I'm not sure who would do a job playing Danny's character all the good actors I can think of are far too skinny to play the role :)

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sniper said:
Way to go Danny! I think a story about Danny's rise to the top could make for one awesome movie, I'm not sure who would do a job playing Danny's character all the good actors I can think of are far too skinny to play the role :)

What makes you think Hollywood will have Dannys character being big??

The movie guys might change the whole story. Once the story is written
and even the script is written and bought its up to Hollywood not the
people in the story.
Remember the Movie ---Remember The Titans. Great movie with the sad part about "Gary B" getting in a car accicent and missing part of the season.
Or when Gary has to kick Ray off the team.
The part about kicking Ray off the team did not happen and was not in the story. It was added.
The part about Gary being in the accident during the season was changed from reality. The accident happened after the season. He played the
final game which was not close as the movie depicts.

No telling what Hollywood does once the book and script are written on this one.

Anyone know when the documentary about the DCC is coming out??
Was that an HBO thing?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This is fantastic news. Danny's a great guy with a great story.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go Kid your story sounds fantastic...After reading the SI story I knew there was potential for a movie.....Now invest the cash and set yourself up for the rest of your life....Danny should play himself get actors for the other parts....How hard can it be to play yourself??????

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Good for Danny. :D :D :D

I also hope the jerk from Billiards Club Network reads this.
He wouldn't let Danny enter a ring game, at the 2004 U.S. Open, because he didn't think Danny would look good on TV.
As it turned out, the ring game didn't happen, but that guy showed everyone what a jerk he is.

So very true, Rich. BCN, with all its faux pas is history. My buddy the, Kid, is in the chips and rightfully so. Ya dun good, Danny. Congratulations.