Help Please

Silarx

Registered
I just got hold of this cue http://www.nindog.in/meucci.jpg
I only know that its a Meucci original and that i love the way it plays.
Does anyone know anything more then that? hehe like when it was made? (how old it is etc?) or have any other info on it?
I payed in USDollars just about 150 for it. was it a good pricetag? for me it was since i love the cue but is kinda curious about value too.
Thanks in advance and sorry about my lousy english since im a scandinavian.

/Al

(Allmost forgot! it got a small dent thats in the foto too below the rose)

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a search for "Meucci Rose" and found a few of your cue (there is also an all white one). The prices ranged from $400-$450. I don't think the nick would take off more than a few dollars. I think you found a real bargain! But, I'm not an expert.

Pete

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you lucky guy.

I'm a Meucci lover. The Rose cue is , to me, the prettiest of Meucci's art cues and for it's simplicity one of the prettiest made by anybody. it's probably about 20 years old. It is genuine ebony. The inlays are genuine.
In this slow market value at 4-5 hundred $ US. But keep it.:yes:

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
The current version of that cue is the HOF (Hall of Fame) 5 and lists on Meucci's site for $650. That cue however is a Meucci Origional. The cue was designed specifically for Hall of famer Loree Jon Jones (now Loree Jon Haddad). The newer Meuccis have developed a less than desirable reputation but the old Origionals were very good cues. The only real problem they had was the ferrules had a tendency to crack. Is the ferrule ivory?

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Silarx

Registered
Thank you for the information!
Aye the ferrule is ivory.(no crack yet :p)
And thanks for the welcome! (love this forum so far) lots of information and fun.

/Al