BCA Leagues Chicago?

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
There's a rumor that there are BCA leagues in Chicago, however I have not been able to find any online or otherwise. I have an APA team that I would like to keep together (handicaps) and I've heard that the BCA league format might allow us to do this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Da Poet

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
BCA leagues are at Palace Billiards in Villa Park, IL.

Q Billiards in Darien, IL and Pro-Tyme in Orland Park, IL will have them this fall. You can contact me for all info

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
BCA leagues are at Palace Billiards in Villa Park, IL.

Q Billiards in Darien, IL and Pro-Tyme in Orland Park, IL will have them this fall. You can contact me for all info

Thanks! I should have been more specific location wise. Our team is currently near north in the city. Villa Park would be the closest, but basically anything close to or outside 294 would be a seriously tough rush hour commute.

If you or anyone knows or hears of a BCA League in the city near north side I would be grateful for any and all feedback.

Thanks,

Da Poet

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
BCA leagues

I started a BCA league at the City Pool Hall on Hubbard 5 or 6 years ago. You might check there to see if it is still up and running. I started the league for the exact reason you are talking about. I haven't played APA since.

Good luck

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I don't know if you checked out the BCA site for the operator in your area but here is a link to get you started

http://www.playbca.com/find.php?sort_state=14

I joined a BCA league about a month ago by contacting the operator listed for my area. Am now on 2 teams. Met a bunch of great guys and players.

Hope you find a league. It is a big jump and completely different from the APA. I am a low 7 in the APA and about a C+ in the BCA averaging about 7 points. The operator told me it takes about 10 weeks to really get a good stable rating and adapting to their rules.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
jason said:
I started a BCA league at the City Pool Hall on Hubbard 5 or 6 years ago. You might check there to see if it is still up and running. I started the league for the exact reason you are talking about. I haven't played APA since.

Good luck

Well that sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Thanks! I called and they do still have a Thursday night BCA League. The current session ends in June so it's just the right time to stop by and chat with Rene over there to get some more particulars. This could be seriously cool.

Thanks again,

Da Poet

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
TheBook said:
I don't know if you checked out the BCA site for the operator in your area but here is a link to get you started

http://www.playbca.com/find.php?sort_state=14

I joined a BCA league about a month ago by contacting the operator listed for my area. Am now on 2 teams. Met a bunch of great guys and players.

Hope you find a league. It is a big jump and completely different from the APA. I am a low 7 in the APA and about a C+ in the BCA averaging about 7 points. The operator told me it takes about 10 weeks to really get a good stable rating and adapting to their rules.

Thanks for the link and the positive feedback. Sounds like it might be the right way to go. Nothing against the APA, it was fun and a good start for most of us, but it would be good to try an alternative.