pool days may be over

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just wanted to let everybody know that my pool days may be over. I had a right side brain stem stroke a month ago. lost 50% of the strength and feeling in my whole left side. Doctors do not know if i will ever get it back....and i am a lefty to boot....just keep doing what i am told to and hope for the best, hard to type right handed..no sympathy please.........mike

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

Oh Mike, that sucks bro! Have faith, what is supposed to be will be. Stay strong man, it all works out :thumbup:

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Godspeed my friend!! I'm told the best way to recover from a stroke is to get back into physical activity as soon as you're able. Don't overdo it, but don't sit idle either. If you can walk, get up and play. Pool is a wonderful activity for developing motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Of course do everything your doctor advises, but if possible, get up and play. You may never be as good as you were, but you know what? That's perfectly ok!! :) Best wishes!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wishing you the strength and the conviction to weather this storm in your life, Mike.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Godspeed my friend!! I'm told the best way to recover from a stroke is to get back into physical activity as soon as you're able. Don't overdo it, but don't sit idle either. If you can walk, get up and play. Pool is a wonderful activity for developing motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Of course do everything your doctor advises, but if possible, get up and play. You may never be as good as you were, but you know what? That's perfectly ok!! :) Best wishes!

Said so well that I can do nothing but agree. :)

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The human body's ability to heal is amazing and Dr.'s don't know everything. Have faith and work hard, you will be rewarded! I wish you a super speedy full recovery.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
just wanted to let everybody know that my pool days may be over. I had a right side brain stem stroke a month ago. lost 50% of the strength and feeling in my whole left side. Doctors do not know if i will ever get it back....and i am a lefty to boot....just keep doing what i am told to and hope for the best, hard to type right handed..no sympathy please.........mike

Very sorry to here about your stroke. I've had a few and after the first one I couldn't move any of my arms or legs. I was one of the lucky ones as after 2 days I started to be able the move my right side and in about three weeks I was walking on my own. Now I play pool 3-4 hours a day on my home table. Only things that didn't come back are brain related like I used to jump out of planes and mountain climb. Now I would have to call 911 to get me off a 20' roof. I've had a lot of other changes like crying watching a sad movie. Before the strokes I never cried over anything. My wife says I'm a much better person now.

Hang in there and never give up. I know rehab if tough, but in the end it will be worth it. Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Mike,

Don't know how much you can recover but the brain has some amazing powers.

Stay on the forum, keep us up to date on your improving progress. Positive thoughts headed your way. Chin up.

JoeyA

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is tremendous plasticity in the human brain, even late in life. Best wishes in your recovery!

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Good luck in your recovery.

Let's hope your post inspires others to take advantage of the health they have, not wish they had once it's too late. The forecast looks to be 43 degrees tomorrow, so I think I'll get out & go for a walk with my daughter.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Hang in there and do everything you can within your power to improve your quality of life. Staying positive as hard as it seems will help in the long run. Good things seem to happen to good people and based on your I trader, I have to believe you are a good person. Any time I hear about situations like this I think of the Rutgers football player that was paralyzed the year before he was gonna become a NFL player. He now is making a much bigger difference in the real world than he would of ever done on the NFL field. In the words of Jimmy V 'Don't ever give up!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel

I have a feeling that you will be playing again sooner rather the later.I will pray you have a speedy recovery.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mike, I am so sorry you are going through this. I pray that you get through it and recover fully.

We sure have had fun on the Joss tournamnt trail, Mike. I hope to see you again this year. We're going to try to head up there to Turning Stone once more. Love that place, and Keith and I both love you.

Here's a cute shot taken at the old Quincy, Mass pool room. There's you, Keith, Ray, and in the background, I see a portion of Donut Man's head and Milkshake Mikey. :grin-square: What a crew we are! :)

Attachments

• Keith-Quincy, Massachusetts 030.jpg
    Keith-Quincy, Massachusetts 030.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 170

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Duplicate post

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mike, you're one of the good guys and I'm glad I got to know you thru AZ. Sorry to hear you're suffering, maybe a little weed will help. Seems it's made to order for stuff like this, and you might even enjoy it. ;)

You may be down but you are damn sure not out!