Now is the time for Pool on TV

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously.

What else is there to watch? Baseball? Only the diehards care enough to watch at this point in the season.

July-September is the best time to have pool on TV.

Someone get on the horn with ESPN and tell them to get on the bus to Qatar.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I was out in the back yard the other day, watching the grass grow, and it reminded me of a game between the Cubs and the Cardinals, albeit somewhat quieter. Luckily, I was drunk by the seventh inning.
We need, at least, a TV channel that would air old YouTube videos of pool play.
Notice I said air, as in over-the-air. Pay for cable, or satellite. Never. :)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Who won the Cubs/Cards game?

I don't know. I was so drunk from all that wine (it was wine day at the old imaginary ball park) that I passed out.
All I can remember is my neighbor looking down at me saying, "What the hell! Get your drunk ass out of my flower bed!"
I looked up at him and asked, "How'd the game turn out?"
He said, "Five to three, Cubs."
I said, "Imagine that." :grin:

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Cubs go! Haha

I posted the same sentiments yesterday:
•Only baseball on TV right now
•20+ sports only channels
•pool tourneys would be relatively cheap to produce
•If arm wrestling is on ESPN2 on Tuesday night, by God some pool should be on
•Have ESPN add a bit of money, you'll get the best names there. If there are a million+ amateur league members, there is a market for TV, you just have to put it on. F'in poker is still on TV every time I turn on the tube.
•get the major pool tourneys scheduled from end of June through end of August and find your niche market
Tramp, had the same experience, only is was a rain delay at wrigley and I drank too much old style! Fun day.

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many pool matches (old and newer) to be found on YouTube. If you don't have a smart TV, get a streaming box that has the YouTube box and watch on demand.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For fitness types, the Crossfit Games are going on now.

For fitness types/sports types/patriatic types, the Olympics are in a couple of weeks.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously.

What else is there to watch? Baseball? Only the diehards care enough to watch at this point in the season.

Can't even fill the field of 64 for a so called US Open and it's time for pool on TV,

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Let's see...I'm going to fly a production crew to Qatar and back, plus all their gear, plus hotels and food, and MAYBE a couple thousand people will view it?

And BTW, I can't stop the game for a commercial break because I'm not allowed to break the players' rhythm.

It's the easiest decision a television programmer will ever make.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Seriously.

Whenever people talk about our local franchises my favorite saying is " The Brewers can leave town and take the Bucks with them" As long as we have the Packers for fall/winter and racing in the summer Im good.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't even fill the field of 64 for a so called US Open and it's time for pool on TV,

With the names on the list so far I don't think it would matter if there were 464. Pool is on my TV all the time, Google Chromecast. lol. But I think pool is deserving of cable air time, absolutely.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was out in the back yard the other day, watching the grass grow, and it reminded me of a game between the Cubs and the Cardinals, albeit somewhat quieter. Luckily, I was drunk by the seventh inning.
We need, at least, a TV channel that would air old YouTube videos of pool play.
Notice I said air, as in over-the-air. Pay for cable, or satellite. Never. :)

What is the advantage, given that all of those old youtube videos are already available for free on an on-demand basis?

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the advantage, given that all of those old youtube videos are already available for free on an on-demand basis?

There are a ton you probably haven't seen and even more you probably wouldn't even think to search for.

TV gives you something that you might not have thought of... but you're happy it happened.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone obviously isn't a fan of baseball..

The season just starts after the All Star Break.....cross -over league play.....3 1/2 weeks to make trades for this season's playoff contending teams.....
this is when early season player injuries either have healed of players are likely lost for this season.....it used to be referred to as pennant races before
every Tom, Dick & Harry became eligible to compete in post season play......but seriously, this is when baseball really gets interesting.....the first half is
trying to figure out the best team you could field for the second half of the season which just started.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the names on the list so far I don't think it would matter if there were 464. Pool is on my TV all the time, Google Chromecast. lol. But I think pool is deserving of cable air time, absolutely.

Why is it deserving ? Hell I'd bet rent checks Corn Hole would bring 10 times the viewers of what pool could bring ,,