Mark Griffin Speaks Out on Replacement of Pro Event in Vegas

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mark Griffin said:
Well, there is more scuttle butt about the BCA moving the pro event to the Trade Show. I also feel this is a big mistake but the decision was not mine-in fact I was not even in the loop at all. They told me about two months ago.

We have been busy - and think we have a GREAT event coming in. We have verbal committments but nothing on paper. The producers are negotiating with the union electricians and camera people. Unions in Vegas are very tough.

We should know something in a couple of weeks and we will be telling everyone. It looks goiod and we will be VERY DISAPPONTED if it does not take place.

It will be an international invitational event with all the bells and whistles. With several bonus matches after the main event. If we can pull it all off, it will be awesome.

So-don't panic. We will keep eveyone posted.

Mark Griffin

I just felt this needed it's own thread so I stole this quote from another thread.

Not that Mark needs my endorsement, but I have spoken to him on the phone & in person several times & one thing you come away with is that he is a straight shooter. And I am not talking about his pool ability. If he says he is working on something and it is big and he will be disappointed at this point if it doesn't happen - then I am excited.

I can assume that the bonus matches will involve his main man - SVB.

Mark - Thanks for taking the time to brief all of us. Now please take the time to get a haircut.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
watchez said:

I just felt this needed it's own thread so I stole this quote from another thread.

Mark - Thanks for taking the time to brief all of us. Now please take the time to get a haircut.

Hair does not make the man, so does his clothes or the size of his ... bank account, what else, lol. But have you seen him lately? I think he did win a match or two in Derby:p

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for supporting Marks mission. I have made reservations in Vegas during the BCA - good luck Mark.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
watchez...You are absolutely correct about Mark Griffin! Great guy for pool. This is exciting news. I'll be in Vegas for certain, whether it happens or not, but I sure hope it does! :D On the other hand, it is UNLIKELY that I'll travel to Charlotte for the BCA trade show and THEIR tournament! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

watchez said:
Not that Mark needs my endorsement, but I have spoken to him on the phone & in person several times & one thing you come away with is that he is a straight shooter. If he says he is working on something and it is big and he will be disappointed at this point if it doesn't happen - then I am excited.

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
I'll be at the BCA in Vegas:) .

Everything Mark Griffin does is awesome!!! I look forward to seeing what's coming up in Vegas this year:)

Last edited:

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
crossed-fingers.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
hilla_hilla said:
I'll be at the BCA in Vegas:) .

Everything Mark Griffin does is awesome!!! I look forward to seeing what's coming up in Vegas this year:)

Everything you do is awesome too. If only you could remember what it was the next day. :D

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not totally in the loop about what's going on, but was the Enjoypool.com event that takes place during the BCA league tournament in Vegas, in May, moved?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The enjoypool.com tournament is put on by the BCA, not the BCAPL (Mark Griffin). The BCA changed the name of the event, and are holding their tournament in Charlotte, NC, in conjunction with the BCA trade show in June.
Mark is trying to put together an independent pro event, to coincide with the BCAPL national tournament in May.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

cuetechasaurus said:
I'm not totally in the loop about what's going on, but was the Enjoypool.com event that takes place during the BCA league tournament in Vegas, in May, moved?

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Any new updates on this event? I would think they'd have to have something put together soon for the Pros to make their reservations!