measurments

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the measurments of a 9ft table from out side top rail to outside bottom rail?? and from outside side rail to outsideside rail?? i know you need 5ft on eash side to shoot , but this question come up to me often and i can remember??? old man !!!! stick:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
stick8 said:
What is the measurments of a 9ft table from out side top rail to outside bottom rail?? and from outside side rail to outsideside rail?? i know you need 5ft on eash side to shoot , but this question come up to me often and i can remember??? old man !!!! stick:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
This is a good question. Very good, because if you're going to do the "add 5 ft to each side" idea, then it should be very clear how big each side is, right? It's amazing how many people have no idea.

A 9' table is 100" x 50" from nose to nose. There should be approximately 6 inches of rail and cushion on each side. Some have more. Some have less. But, 6" is a good start. So, that's 112" x 62". If you add 5' (60") to each side, then that is 232" x 182". So, that's 19' 4" x 15' 2".

Many people will be surprised when they do the math and get this kind of number, since they'll often expect 19' x 14.5" as an answer. Normally, when this question is asked, most posters won't bother reading it and understand the significance of the dimensions, especially in the shorter direction.

19' is shorter by 2" per side. 14.5" is 4" per side shorter. So, when people are seeing how small they can go before they get out of the comfort range, it's usually the shorter direction that screws people up.

Fred

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm expecting to take delivery on my new coco Diamond in January. Can someone tell me the dimensions of a 9ft. Diamond Professional from outside rail to outside rail? I'm trying to figure out where to put the light and the table.

Thank you,
Steve

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm expecting to take delivery on my new coco Diamond in January. Can someone tell me the dimensions of a 9ft. Diamond Professional from outside rail to outside rail? I'm trying to figure out where to put the light and the table.

Thank you,
Steve

64"x114"...but I'll take care of that when I bring your table to you;)

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Glen! I won't worry then :)

Should I do anything special for the light? My ceiling is 7' 8" so I plan to surface mount it above the table. Not sure of the weight so I'm not sure if I should add any reinforcement or not. It has 2" X 2" studs right now in the ceiling.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, I was doing some measuring and my room is exactly 20' 8" X 18'. I'm hoping I can fit the long part of the table comfortably in the 18' portion. Will it fit there or should I plan on rotating the table for the long part to fit in the 20' 8" part and the short side to fit in the 18' side.

Also, check your PM's. I'm trying to figure out a schedule on what you will be coming. I plan to take the day off work (if it's during a weekday) and I need to get it scheduled off.

Thanks, Glen!

Steve

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
If your question is related to required room size, some good info for all table sizes can be found here:

Regards,
Dave

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dave, that site helps a lot. If I need 19' 4" then I'm going to have to rotate the table the other direction.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave's site may point it out, but some manufacturers' sites give room dimensions assuming you are willing to use a short cue stick when on the rail. Sometimes they make that part clear.