Chalk holding gadgets do you use one.

DrawShotKing

Registered
What are your like, and dislike if you use a chalk holding gadget? What chalker do you use? What would you do to improve your chalker?

Friend and I are working on an idea for a new style chalker.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
You know I had a magnetic one for a while and it would occasionally bump into my cue and scratch it! I then got the pen looking one with a string and used that for a while and now I use the same one as Jude does haha.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't use one, but it would be nice if everyone would just place the chalk face up on the rail, there would be less chalk on the rail.:D

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
Yes, my chalk holder is the rail of a Brunswick Crown IV.

I have one that's close to that but I believe it's Valley Cougar model ( wished like hell I had the GCIV model :( )

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustPlay said:
I don't use one, but it would be nice if everyone would just place the chalk face up on the rail, there would be less chalk on the rail.:D

What decent human being doesn't leave the chalk face up? You're talking about people that eat their young.

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
What decent human being doesn't leave the chalk face up? You're talking about people that eat their young.

I heard that, I've actually seen people lay the chalk down face up, then look down and flip it over so it messes all over. These are candidates for frontal lobotomies

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't use one and agree that any right minded person that plays pool should be capable of setting the chalk right side up.

BVal

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:

You know what's funny...there is a match where Efren is playing and he puts the chalk FACE-DOWN more than once in the match. I believe that it's when he is playing Alex in the 2006 DCC 1-pocket semi-final... but I would have to check again to make sure that's that match. I noticed it and thought WTF? But he definitely did it in a match that I have on CD or tape and did it after more than one shot.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
I did have a magnetic one but lost the holder part, so I went back to jamming the chalk into the top of my pocket. I have to have my chalk close at hand, wandering around the table for it drives me nuts!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I use one..."pocket chalker". Why? NONE of the bar tables of this area have decent chalk. So, it's a way for us to carry our own.

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
I miss my pocket chalker.... waaaah!

Wow! I never even thought about it, now I'm paranoid, but I think I put the chalk down chalk side up when I play off the rail. I hope so. Anyways, I know last night in a torunament, I got a little tired of having to sort out the crater chalk from the acceptable chalk they provided for the tournament and since I didn't have my own personal copy of a nice piece, I really started missing my old pocket chalker. Could have shaved some frustration from my concentration time. My next pocket chalker is going to double as a comb so I can make sure my hair looks good too when I am at the table.:D :D

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
If the place I'm playing has a plentiful supply of decent quality chalk, I just set it on the rail. I do however carry a box of good chalk and a pocket chalker in my case for the places that don't.

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to have that nice silver chalk holder that Paul Newman's lady friend gave to him in the movie color of money. It looks classy just like everything else he uses in that movie! The cue, the case, the chalk holder.....

Does anyone know if something like that is available for sale at a decent price?

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
DrawShotKing said:
What are your like, and dislike if you use a chalk holding gadget? What chalker do you use? What would you do to improve your chalker?

Friend and I are working on an idea for a new style chalker.

The one I use is called a shirt pocket.
:p

billyjack

Registered Loser
Silver Member
I like the magnetic ones best, but the magnet clips really stink. I glued a small super-magnet to an old cell phone clip and created the perfect chalker;perfect for me anyhow. I clip it my right front pocket, and it stays in place. No chalk on my shirt like when I used a belt clip. And the magnet is strong enough to keep a light bump from sending my chalk rolling under the table. I never have to worry about picking up a cube off the rail that's already been drilled to death. To each his own, but that's what works for me.

Bill