Mike Dechaine Stopped by for a new tip

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'll bet a $100 it was a Zan. haha. and the Shaft was a CDX.

Btw, I respects Jacks decision not to say anything. Some players, including myself at times, have tested equipment to see how it is and It may conflict with our sponsors

So what do you think of these shafts and tips, Mike? Are you sold?

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Btw, I respects Jacks decision not to say anything. Some players, including myself at times, have tested equipment to see how it is and It may conflict with our sponsors

Very cool of you to come on here and clear things up. Obviously some people just enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a very special guest stop by the shop today for a new tip on his cue, World class pro pool player Mike Dechaine, Thanks for stopping by Mike , I'm glad your happy with your cue. It was my pleasure, I have been doing cue repairs for over 35 years and every serious player in the new England area knows me for doing cue repairs, But I must say when a world class pro player Like Mike Dechaine stops by it's a special treat for me. Great day at JT's cuerepair,

Awesome story, sounds like your a big MD fan. Good for you!

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saying something nice

Thanks for backing me up here Mike, You know I'm just a little guy from Lowell Mass that does cue repairs. I have been doing repairs for a little over 35 years, I think Longer then any other repair guy in the area if there are any, I made a simple post showing that a big name pro player came to my little shop to have me put a new tip on there cue. To me it was a real treat and my pleasure to have Mike in my shop. This post was not about what kind of shaft, tip, or cue Mike plays with. But as always there are guys here that like to make negative comments, Thanks for those who had something nice or positive to say. The $20 Bill I was holding up was what I charged Mike , I asked Mike to sign it . It is something I will save and put with the other bills I had signed by the big name players I have done work for. I have been lucky and have done tips or some kind of work for Efren Reyes, Santos Sambajon, and a few other Filipinos and big name players. and now Mike Dechaine, That's all, If anyone want's to know what Mike playes with or what size shoes he wears I suggest you direct your questions to Him.

Thanks Mike, Great chatting with you Yesterday, Next time you will have to stay longer, I'll have my wife cook us up a great Filipino meal......

Out of respect for mike I would rather not say, Hope you understand.

Probably the most ridiculous thread and statement I've seen in years.

I do not think so. I think it is about privacy, and it is nobody's business what type of tip Mike had him install on his shaft, and nobody's business what shaft he is using. Who knows, Make might have a sponsor that might not be happy if they found out that Mike had a certain tip installed, or on a certain brand of shaft. Could this not be a privacy issue? By the way, please do not make fun of me about my wording or possible spelling errors.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct

No, it appears that the $20 bill has been autographed, so I assume that he is showing the $20 because of the autograph.

That's correct, I had Mike sign it so I could add it to the collection of other signed bills I have from the other big name players I have done work for.

Thanks for backing me up here Mike, You know I'm just a little guy from Lowell Mass that does cue repairs. I have been doing repairs for a little over 35 years, I think Longer then any other repair guy in the area if there are any, I made a simple post showing that a big name pro player came to my little shop to have me put a new tip on there cue. To me it was a real treat and my pleasure to have Mike in my shop. This post was not about what kind of shaft, tip, or cue Mike plays with. But as always there are guys here that like to make negative comments, Thanks for those who had something nice or positive to say. The $20 Bill I was holding up was what I charged Mike , I asked Mike to sign it . It is something I will save and put with the other bills I had signed by the big name players I have done work for. I have been lucky and have done tips or some kind of work for Efren Reyes, Santos Sambajon, and a few other Filipinos and big name players. and now Mike Dechaine, That's all, If anyone want's to know what Mike playes with or what size shoes he wears I suggest you direct your questions to Him.

Thanks Mike, Great chatting with you Yesterday, Next time you will have to stay longer, I'll have my wife cook us up a great Filipino meal......

Yeah, I thought that it appeared that there was an autograph on the $20 bill, and that was the reason for showing it in the pic. To me, a lot of the pro players are celebrities, and I too would be very excited if I did work on their cue, or even if I got to meet a favorite player of mine.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he give out any tips on how to cheat when racking or how to manipulate the rack after the racker has walked away?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Makes complete sense to me. And Mike does seem to like to experiment with different cues, which also makes sense.

Seemed pretty freakin' obvious to me.... some folks just like to be negative. Sad.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Yeah, I thought that it appeared that there was an autograph on the $20 bill, and that was the reason for showing it in the pic. To me, a lot of the pro players are celebrities, and I too would be very excited if I did work on their cue, or even if I got to meet a favorite player of mine.

Thanks Justin for all your comments, Glad you chimed in. Here is a close up, Just in case there are some people that still think different,

Attachments

• Mike D  4.jpg
    Mike D 4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 535

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I have to throw this out there because I'm a wise guy. Defacing US currency is against the law and a felony. I'm just saying.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Had a very special guest stop by the shop today for a new tip on his cue, World class pro pool player Mike Dechaine, Thanks for stopping by Mike , I'm glad your happy with your cue. It was my pleasure, I have been doing cue repairs for over 35 years and every serious player in the new England area knows me for doing cue repairs, But I must say when a world class pro player Like Mike Dechaine stops by it's a special treat for me. Great day at JT's cuerepair,

I hope you fleeced him

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I like that a small town repair man got such a charge out of one of our sports stars stopping in to get some work done.

I also respect that he didn't wish to share what tip he installed for Mike and that decision makes total sense given what Mike has said re sponsorship.

Can't a guy share what he felt was a fun pool experience without getting bashed here?

Loosen up a little fellas.

Happy Mothers Day!

best,
brian kc

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to throw this out there because I'm a wise guy. Defacing US currency is against the law and a felony. I'm just saying.

My first thought as well. Not a very smart criminal either as he signed his crime.

I do think it's cool he stopped in for a new tip, especially if he didn't call first and it was a total surprise.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also respect that he didn't wish to share what tip he installed for Mike and that decision makes total sense given what Mike has said re sponsorship.

I thought it was obvious and exactly the right thing to do. I would never, ever, ever give out a customer's information, even trivial information, without the customer's permission. There's a trust there that I would never betray, if for no other reason than it's bad for business.

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Just a heads up for Mikey D, next time don't bring cash just show up with a check book and you and the vendor can both be happy:thumbup: