Table Make/Model?

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to identify the make/model of this 9ft Gold Crown-like table. Three piece non-pinned slate, adjustable feet, no rail badging. Can anyone identify?

Attachments

• GC Full View.jpg
    GC Full View.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 305
  • GC Ball Bax Mounting Tab.jpg
    GC Ball Bax Mounting Tab.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 251
  • GC Corner Pocket Top View.jpg
    GC Corner Pocket Top View.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 237
  • GC corner rail joint.jpg
    GC corner rail joint.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 263
  • GC Side joint.jpg
    GC Side joint.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 229

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely, someone must recognize the make and model of this table? If you think you might know what it is, lets hear it. Links to any pics to support your theory would be welcomed.

ajohnson13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a table almost identical to this a few months ago off of craigslist. The only real difference I can see is that the finish is black not brown. The mechanic who installed it (Korner Pocket Billiards, Snohomish, WA) told me it was a "Murray & Sons" out of Tacoma, WA based on markings on the underside of the table. I will take pics of the table tonight, and try to get pics of said markings. I hope this helps.

I am curious...What are the white spots on the felt?

Last edited:

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AJ, pics would be great. Those are three ring binder reinforcement stickies that I was using to mark 14, 30 and 49 degree angles for some 3-ball cut system drills I was doing.

Pat,
Several experienced table mechanics say it definately is not a GC due to the way the ball box mounts, skirts attach to the rails, lack of Brunswick Rail emblem, etc..others including the seller of the table claim that is definately a GC. I just want to find some pics that prove one way or the other.

ajohnson13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Murrey & Sons 4.5'x9' Table

Here are some pics of my table. I was wrong, Murrey & Sons is out of LA. The table is far from identical, but similar would describe it better. Resembles a GC somewhat, but it plays great and that is what counts for me!

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Let me know if there are any other pics you would like me to take. Once again, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
For a while, and perhaps even now, I do know that there were at least 3 companies out of China making knock offs of the GCs. So, maybe its one of those.

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Montana and ACME google searches revealed nothing that might be my table. Gold Crown China, Google searches reveals nothing but dead ends either.

3andStop,
You wouldn't happen to have a URL for the 3 companies you mention? I did find a table at pooltablesusa.com from their "Metro Collection" that looks extremely similar to this table but they only had 1 pic of it so I can't be sure.

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First person to positively identify this table and back it up with a picture, a mfg name and mfg's phone number, I will send you a $20 paypal deposit.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Me:
I'll bite. Why isn't it a Gold Crown?

Russ:
If you know GC's, you would know that it definatley is NOT a GC !!

Then the obvious differences aren't a secret, right? So maybe you won't mind actually mentioning a few of them for my education?

(Like pulling teeth...) :)

pj
chgo

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Sporto said:
I am trying to identify the make/model of this 9ft Gold Crown-like table. Three piece non-pinned slate, adjustable feet, no rail badging. Can anyone identify?

Looks like a I, II or III to me. Check out the ebay listings for pics. There are some pretty good pics there.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's not a GC, then I would have to guess that it's a Gandy Big G. The Big G logo might be on the piece that's cut out at the foot end?

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The piece that looks like a cutout is actually where the ball box slides up into and mounts. I wanted to show how it mounted.

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again for the replies. I have researched every mfg that has been mentioned in this thread and have come up with nothing but blanks. I can take and post additional pics if it would help the identification process?