Tascarella cue

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a close friend with whom i play who has recently decided he wants to start playing with a SS jointed cue so naturally being "unbiased" and "open minded" i had him hit with a couple of my Scruggs cues with different type steel joints and told him he coulndnt go wrong dealing with Tim.We didnt talk about it much more and he recently moved a couple of hours away.He just told me he thought he was going to buy a Tascarella.I know Mr. Tascarella builds a fine cue that is extremely collectable and he has extensive ties to Mr.Balabushka.My question to my fellow AZBers is do any of you play with a Tascarella and if so how do you like it?This in no way an attempt to question the playability of Mr.Tascarellas cues,I just wondered if due to scarcity and price they were still out there in play.Thanks,B.S.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
if the price is not a problem, you can always find a tascarella popping up online. try classiccues.com and few others. billiardcue.com is another.

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
Tascarella

B.S.

A very interesting comparision between two of the finest cue makers in existance. I will compliment you on your taste and unhesitatingly recommending Tim's work to your friend. I personally play with a Scruggs but have played with many of Tascarella's cues. The playability and workmanship is superb! Pete Sr. and his son are members at the pool hall where I play at here on Long Island and is one of the nicest guys you would ever want to deal with besides Mr. Scruggs. You just can't go wrong in any respect buying cues from either of these guys. Often we sit around the club and talk with Pete who is a huge admirer of Tim Scruggs work, and Pete Sr. has played with my cue several times and compliment's it highly. With that being said, I suppose it would be a matter of preference, The Tascarella is worth the wait an probably worth every penny you would spend on it.

Regards,

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Ralph totally. I've played with a few Scruggs cues, from fancy to sneaky petes and they are great. Workmanship is top notch, definitely the cue of choice at my local hall. I've also met Pete Tascarella Jr. and he's an extremely nice guy. Brought out a couple of cues to show me and they were phenomenal.

I can't see your friend going wrong with either maker, both play great and have their collectibility recognition as well.

DeadStrokeMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whiteoak said:
I have a close friend with whom i play who has recently decided he wants to start playing with a SS jointed cue so naturally being "unbiased" and "open minded" i had him hit with a couple of my Scruggs cues with different type steel joints and told him he coulndnt go wrong dealing with Tim.We didnt talk about it much more and he recently moved a couple of hours away.He just told me he thought he was going to buy a Tascarella.I know Mr. Tascarella builds a fine cue that is extremely collectable and he has extensive ties to Mr.Balabushka.My question to my fellow AZBers is do any of you play with a Tascarella and if so how do you like it?This in no way an attempt to question the playability of Mr.Tascarellas cues,I just wondered if due to scarcity and price they were still out there in play.Thanks,B.S.

Here ya go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7140307623&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
is there a Cumberland Foreside, ME ?....this guy just signed up on eBay 3/5/05....this may be a little fishey !,,,won't take paypal either !

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
check out his other items,,,has a JossWest and a Paul Mottey for sale,,,,,,,this guy needs to be checked out !!

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Jack Flanagan said:
is there a Cumberland Foreside, ME ?....this guy just signed up on eBay 3/5/05....this may be a little fishey !,,,won't take paypal either !

Yes there is, though it does seem a bit fishey. But then everyone has to start somewhere.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Jack Flanagan said:
check out his other items,,,has a JossWest and a Paul Mottey for sale,,,,,,,this guy needs to be checked out !!

The man is a collector from Maine and he is legit. I have exchanged e-mail with him and the Paul Mottey he is selling used to be ours.

Joe

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
glad he's legit....lots of scary scams on eBay.....didn't mean to cast any dispersion on the listings,,,just had some of the 'classic' signs (plus couldn't find Cumberland Foreside on a map !?)......jflan

miah g.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
The man is a collector from Maine and he is legit. I have exchanged e-mail with him and the Paul Mottey he is selling used to be ours.

Joe

i agree. Mike is a great guy to deal with.

miah g. said:
i agree. Mike is a great guy to deal with.
WHITE TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attachments

• Paul_Mottey_Szamboti.jpg
    Paul_Mottey_Szamboti.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 15