The Behrman Family's undeniable passion for the Open

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
While attending this Open (again) for the last 3 days/nights, I can't recall seeing a Behrman without a huge grin. Barry was everywhere, bouncing around making sure everything was going well and glad-handing with the players and spectators. The lovely Shannon always attracts attention and she handles herself beautifully. Brady was working hard and was a very pleasant, helping gentleman.

There's more family involved in this massive time consuming production and I find it incredible and commendable how they do it so well and pull it off with a smile. I think under these demands I'd be super uptight making sure everything was going off correctly!

Great job Barry and Family!!! Your passion shines through and this event is PURE CLASS!!!

Please feel free to show your appreciation to the Behrmans here (if you're going to be Debbie Downer, please do it elsewhere.) Thanks!

Daz & barry compress.jpg

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Agreed...

I agree, congratulations to all involved for another great production... I know how much work is involved, and the strain of working with your family to produce such an event is more than most people imagine. I am glad to hear things went so well this year, I wish I could have been there to hang out and watch...

I've known Brady as a friend for many years now, and he has always been a great guy. Many people may not know, but he runs his own successful web design company and is very knowledgeable and helpful at all times. I've only met his sister once or twice, but if she is anything like him I am sure she is a great asset to Barry as well. The continued legacy of the US Open is safe with them I am sure :)

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not there on Friday and Saturday but was wondering if he had the bagpipes again?

I love hearing those!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Great post. I've known Barry for many years now and have watched the Open grow and over come much adversity, as well. The Open used to be in September, but after having 9/11 happen at the beginning of on year's event, then having a hurricane during the next year, etc, Barry endured and overcame a lot. Like the saying goes, there is always years of sweat and toil to become an "overnight success".

Barry, Shannon and Brady are great hosts. I'm glad to see Shannon and Brady taking more active roles, as the years come up. I know Barry plans on turning things over to them, one day, with hopes that the American Pool tradition can live on.

Eric