Tiger Icebreaker Tip

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the Tiger Icebreaker tip on their break cue. I am thinking of replacing my current totally phenolic tip with this one to obtain better control of the cue ball. Also, I plan to use a quarter tip shape or less. I appreciate any feedback.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the Tiger Icebreaker tip on their break cue. I am thinking of replacing my current totally phenolic tip with this one to obtain better control of the cue ball. Also, I plan to use a quarter tip shape or less. I appreciate any feedback.

There goes any chance at better control of the cue ball. The icebreaker is a good break tip, but the shape should be nickel, not quarter.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I though the Ice Breaker was an attempt t make a JUMP/BREAK tip. If you are going to use it only for breaking There are numerous hard leather tips for a lot less money.

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I though the Ice Breaker was an attempt t make a JUMP/BREAK tip. If you are going to use it only for breaking There are numerous hard leather tips for a lot less money.

However true that might be, I live in Costa Rica and good things are hard to get. My billiard guy has these tips available and no others so I will use them. I could import others from the US, but custom is unbelievable here and not worth the trouble. But thanks for your comments.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry. I use a well compressed Triangle on my Break Cue. I just can't see the need for anything harder than a WB Water Buffalo tip on a break cue.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original design of phenolic with leather in the middle was to cut down on mis cues. It was introduced in the ATCM when Cue makers were getting letters about using the one pieice phenolic/tip combo. It serves double purpose because it will also jump. For jumping and breaking I like a quarter shape. JMO.

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original design of phenolic with leather in the middle was to cut down on mis cues. It was introduced in the ATCM when Cue makers were getting letters about using the one pieice phenolic/tip combo. It serves double purpose because it will also jump. For jumping and breaking I like a quarter shape. JMO.

Thank you for your input, Michael.

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard several instances of those tips cracking over time... I had hit one on a friends stick and liked the way it hit... but after telling me it was the 2nd tip he had replaced due to cracking... and hearing about others having same issue, I went with a Samsara break tip... Love it!

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard several instances of those tips cracking over time... I had hit one on a friends stick and liked the way it hit... but after telling me it was the 2nd tip he had replaced due to cracking... and hearing about others having same issue, I went with a Samsara break tip... Love it!

If only my guy had a Samsara here, I would definitely use it. Thanks for your input.