Mike Dechaine Stopped by for a new tip

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a very special guest stop by the shop today for a new tip on his cue, World class pro pool player Mike Dechaine, Thanks for stopping by Mike , I'm glad your happy with your cue. It was my pleasure, I have been doing cue repairs for over 35 years and every serious player in the new England area knows me for doing cue repairs, But I must say when a world class pro player Like Mike Dechaine stops by it's a special treat for me. Great day at JT's cuerepair,

Attachments

• Mike D  1.jpg
    Mike D 1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,632

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
would you share what cue /shaft mike plays with and what is his tip of choice??
thanks

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What a ridiculous thread. If you think it noteworthy that Mike came in and bought a tip, then you should indicate what tip he purchased, otherwise a better thread would have been:

A pro player whose identity I prefer not to share came in today and made a purchase the details of which I prefer not to share. It was noteworthy for reasons I prefer not to share.

At least you'd have made the forum laugh with that thread.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a very special guest stop by the shop today for a new tip on his cue, World class pro pool player Mike Dechaine, Thanks for stopping by Mike , I'm glad your happy with your cue. It was my pleasure, I have been doing cue repairs for over 35 years and every serious player in the new England area knows me for doing cue repairs, But I must say when a world class pro player Like Mike Dechaine stops by it's a special treat for me. Great day at JT's cuerepair,

That's excellent.
Good photo of the two of you, what's the point in holding the money up like that, just curious?
Looks like the tip is a little flat, must have been before you shaped it.
Hope you guys had fun together.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Wow, rough crowd in here tonight. I think it's cool and Obvi the $20 is the payment and I think it's very respectful to not tell of the details. Good job! Someone will prob want this post moved into the cue repair section......

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Wow, rough crowd in here tonight. I think it's cool and Obvi the $20 is the payment and I think it's very respectful to not tell of the details. Good job! Someone will prob want this post moved into the cue repair section......

Nah..... I bet he's giving Dechaine the $20 to take a picture with him.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great: Post;--picture;---sentiment-repairman; pro-poolplayer

PLEASE AZ'ers, I was brought up, if you cant say something, NICE, keep your comments to yourself.

So many times I come onto AZ and I am reminded of the one thing that keeps me from making any posts on this site,

---WAY too many devils advocate and not enough POSITIVE COMMENTS and POSITIVE REINFORCEMENTS!!!

I just wish that more children were brought up to FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE,

If they were there would be so many more enjoyable posts to read and comment on,

Do everyone a SOLID and go out of your way to make a Positive Comment or Compliment about something or someone,

Not only will it make you feel good but it just might make the receiver of the Positive Comments Day.

All the Best,

HERE IS MY POSITIVE, THOUGHT OR COMMENT FOR THE WEEKEND!

"To all the Moms, Grandmoms and all the Females of the WORLD :HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" without all of you the world would go, EXTINCT!!"

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While possibly being overprotective of the seemingly benign info, I respect that decision. The man doesnt know if Mike would be ok with people knowing, and he is erring on the side of caution. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Congrats on installing a mystery tip for Dechaine.... :thumbup:

Slickstick9

Play on
Silver Member
I've met Mike D. and he was a good guy. he gets bad press for calling them like He sees them. I liked him on the show too. He is a top USA player. We need more like him.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is not really news. Now if Donald Trump came by and got a tip from you, and especially if he paid you $20, THAT would be news!

lou the greek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of respect for mike I would rather not say, Hope you understand.

Probably the most ridiculous thread and statement I've seen in years.

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike was up in Bangor Me acouple weeks ago shooting with a different cue about every ten minutes, one did have a cactus on it. did say he has a new cue on the way from a well respected cue maker coming soon.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we should start betting on what tip it is.
Then if Mike sees the thread he can tell us what tip it was, if he so pleases.

Just need to figure out what prize the winner(s) should get.
Maybe a tip just like that....lol

Mainplayer

Gold Member
I'll bet a $100 it was a Zan. haha. and the Shaft was a CDX.

Btw, I respects Jacks decision not to say anything. Some players, including myself at times, have tested equipment to see how it is and It may conflict with our sponsors

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some players, including myself at times, have tested equipment to see how it is and It may conflict with our sponsors

Makes complete sense to me. And Mike does seem to like to experiment with different cues, which also makes sense.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could care lass about the tip and shaft. I want to know is how that $20 bill radius plays.

-Late:groucho: