Derby City Classic 2008 - who's coming?

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daylate$short said:
Just reserved a room for 4th thru 12th....the desk told me only 2 rooms left at this time! The price has gone up this year as well....$105 per night. Don't know if I'll be there Friday, but expect to get there Monday, and will stay through Saturday. Didn't spend more than 2 hours total at the AZ room last year....maybe more this year, anyway count me in for $ support.
See you in January!
Please don't pay 105, tell them you're with the pool tournament and the rate is $75..thanks, GregSullivan

King Chili

Registered
I booked my room on 9/30 for the Executive West and they mentioned no more rooms were available from Jan. 8 and beyond.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I booked a room for the 5th through the 12th last Wednesday (10/3) at the $75.00 tourney rate. There are usually rooms available as people cancel reservations, but I wouldn't wait until December to make reservations.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there probably the 8-12 but not sure yet. wifes b-day is the 9th and haven't found a way around that yet. Wish me luck!!!

Gary

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Ky Boy said:
I will be there probably the 8-12 but not sure yet. wifes b-day is the 9th and haven't found a way around that yet. Wish me luck!!!

Gary
My wife's B-day is the 10th and I didn't really try to find a way around it. She will get a nice gift..... maybe a Banking With Thte Beard T-shirt. :)

D<--- thinks it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
My wife's B-day is the 10th and I didn't really try to find a way around it. She will get a nice gift..... maybe a Banking With Thte Beard T-shirt. :)

KTD,
What a romantic thought.

If I brought home such a B-day present for the wife, I would be asking for a pair of forceps to remove the t-shirt after she shoved it where the sun don't shine.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right...

Ktown D said:

I hadn't thought of that approach. But I think my wife will want a nice gift BEFORE I leave for the tournament. But I like your style!!!

Gary

ps-that whole forgiveness/permission thing can still be a b$tch!!

crosseyedjoe

Anywhere but here
Silver Member
Ktown D said:

I think it depends on how adept are you in sleeping on the couch. :D

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
KTD,
What a romantic thought.

If I brought home such a B-day present for the wife, I would be asking for a pair of forceps to remove the t-shirt after she shoved it where the sun don't shine.
Extract on Brother!

Last edited:

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I'm planning on being there the 9th through the 12th. If my calculations are correct, that equates to about seven 12 packs of Corona and 9 limes.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Hal said:
I'm planning on being there the 9th through the 12th. If my calculations are correct, that equates to about seven 12 packs of Corona and 9 limes.
Congrats on 4000 posts, nutsack. Damn, you talk too much.:D

I'll get the first one but the next 83 are on you.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
Congrats on 4000 posts, nutsack. Damn, you talk too much.:D

I'll get the first one but the next 83 are on you.

KD,
Now, now, now.......this kind of behavior will not be tolerated in the AZB room. You are going to have to be more polite......you should be addressing him as Mister Nutsack.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to spend more time in the AZ room this year. I was out of touch lst year and didn't feel at home. My room is booked and the excitement is building!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Room rate.

Greg/Diamond said:
Please don't pay 105, tell them you're with the pool tournament and the rate is $75..thanks, GregSullivan

I called the ExecWest today with my confirmation numbers, and was told that when I booked they were out of the Player rate rooms; so they charged me $105.:mad: They wouldn't change the rate for me. I see in this thread at least 1 person booked after me, and got the $75 rate. The room rate won't stop me from going, but the $200-300 could have been spent on other things of more value:rolleyes: . I am going to send email to ExecWest in an effort to get them to put me in line for any Player rooms which are cancelled. Probably a wasted effort, but worth a try.

See you in January:D

Charlie

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
I will be there for the entire event. I would like to play a ring game. 10 ball maybe 5 and 5!! What do you think K - Town? Could be fun!!

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
kevin s said:
I will be there for the entire event. I would like to play a ring game. 10 ball maybe 5 and 5!! What do you think K - Town? Could be fun!!
How many ring games have you seen me duck???????

I will be there Wed the 9th in the morning to get signed up for the 9 ball. I am dead money but I will have fun donatin'. I'll call you when I get there.