Posting more,playing less

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I retired a few months ago and moved to an active adult community in Buckeye AZ. I really love it here,nice amenities and good neighbors. The rec center has 8 ft Brunswick with the obligatory red cloth....could be worse.I guess what really bugs me is finding anybody to play. I don't throttle back any when I play and after a few games my opponents quit. I am not cocky or obnoxious when playing and even offer to help some with their games.I am getting bored and my game is going downhill with the level of competition here. 8 ball is the game of choice here and the only guy I play on a regular basis I give bih whenever I miss.I hope when the Snowbirds return there are a few more players.

Last edited:

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does 'fed cloth' mean? Hmmm... or do you mean red cloth.

Perhaps you could spot people more to keep their interest.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Give them all of the breaks and bih after the break. You have to bank the 8 ball to win. Whatever, make it as hard as possible. Try and out play the nuts. It will keep your concentration sharp. And so what if you lose a few games along the way. You'll have more folks to play in the long term.

At least it will be a challenge :)

Personally, I'd pay to change the cloth myself. You come off a like a GREAT guy. Don't tell them it's because the red is so hideous you wanted to gouge your eyes out. Keep that to your self. You're just a GREAT guy that wants top notch equipment for folks ;)

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a fun way to give my kids a spot when playing at home with them.

We play 8 ball and they play straight up BCA 8 ball rules and they continue their inning if the make one of their balls unintentionally.

I play my colors like Saratoga where I have make them in rotation and I have to bank the 8. The good thing about this spot is that you could play this way without your opponent even knowing you're spotting them. Might make them feel like they're in the game a little more.

Sometimes we play I have to bank every ball. My banking game has definitely improved playing this way.

Cheers

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do they play a lot of “Arizona 8-ball” over there? My dad winters on the other side of Phoenix in one of those senior living RV Park things. They have their own league and that’s all they play.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
This suggestion is probably worse than the red cloth, but what about playing league?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, go to a pool hall near you to keep your chops up, pay to have
the fed cloth changed :D , and teach your fellow residents 9 ball.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
if you're posting more and playing less, you're losing a lotta dough...

[there are 2 ways to read your subject line]

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hop on the freeway and head to Tempe or Phoenix to a pool hall and play league or tournaments. Freezers in Tempe or Bullshooters in Phoenix for example.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I retired a few months ago and moved to an active adult community in Buckeye AZ. I really love it here,nice amenities and good neighbors. The rec center has 8 ft Brunswick with the obligatory red cloth....could be worse.I guess what really bugs me is finding anybody to play. I don't throttle back any when I play and after a few games my opponents quit. I am not cocky or obnoxious when playing and even offer to help some with their games.I am getting bored and my game is going downhill with the level of competition here. 8 ball is the game of choice here and the only guy I play on a regular basis I give bih whenever I miss.I hope when the Snowbirds return there are a few more players.

You're not far from the Phoenix area. You can get any game you want in a short drive. You could probably even get weight from some of the players.....just sayin.