NFL Chiefs Derrick Thomas' McDermott E-F5 cue For Sale

SuperDaveSTL

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cue was purchased by me personally out of NFL Kansas City Chiefs Hall Of Fame Linebacker Derrick Thomas upon his death in 2000, he died unexpectedly in 2000 from a car accident.McDermott Model E-F5 Launched 1990 Retired 1994
Has 6 floating points
I believe the points and butt are Ebony
This cue is in Excellent condition with no major blemishes, just regular light usage shows. It is a 15-20 year old cue.
I was a personal friend of Derricks and am selling this beautiful cue.
I bought 2 but don't play pool anymore so I figured sell one and let someone else own a part of pool and Football history, and enjoy pool a game Derrick used to love to play, and be able to use one of Derricks actual cues. I actually am interested in selling some other Derrick Thomas items i bought out of his estate. I think i was over emotional and bought too many of his things, time to let go and move on and let others enjoy these rare original one of a kind items that I have.
Watchez is a good friend of mine and knows the history of my cues, he also knows that i was good friends with Derrick as well.
I have literally hit maybe 3 racks of balls with this cue myself, obviously it had been used by him in his basement as well. I have stored it this whole time in a hard case in my closet.
Any questions please ask.
I am asking $600 for this cue, matching shaft, with joint protectors.
Plus $20 shipping and insurance

Attachments

• McDermott 6pt whole cue_compressed.jpg
    McDermott 6pt whole cue_compressed.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 954
  • McDermott 6pt points_compressed.jpg
    McDermott 6pt points_compressed.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 888
  • McDermott 6pt butt and tip_compressed.jpg
    McDermott 6pt butt and tip_compressed.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 867
  • McDermott 6pt whole butt and tip_compressed.jpg
    McDermott 6pt whole butt and tip_compressed.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 879
  • McDermott 6pt joint front_compressed.jpg
    McDermott 6pt joint front_compressed.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 880

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
D Thomas was one of the best defensive NFL players ever. I was at the game in 1990 when he set the sack record.

Will Prout
Greater KC

SuperDaveSTL

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will..I was there as well, in his seats.
Then on to the locker room in Independence on 40 for his party.
Good times.
Missed immensely

SuperDaveSTL

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will ...are you interested in the cue. I know of you through Watchez as well as Terry Huelsman and others. Knowing who you are and that your a DT fan, i would be glad to work something out with you.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Great Cue

Will ...are you interested in the cue. I know of you through Watchez as well as Terry Huelsman and others. Knowing who you are and that your a DT fan, i would be glad to work something out with you.

Great cue, but not in line with what I am buying. Thanks for the thought, it will make a nice collectible for someone.

WP

SuperDaveSTL

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will...I understand, it is definitely not a custom cue but it is a nice cue and was owned and used by Derrick Thomas, from what i understand it probably wouldn't fit into your collection. Thanks for the response. If you know any Chiefs/DT fans that would be interested please let them know and feel free to contact me.