The Hal Houle Post

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
lol, all this from Dave Segal: who probably has a frequent flyer card when it comes to getting banned here.

Lou Figueroa

A real quick search on the forum showed you were BANNED on Sept. 19, 2015 since it was the last post made. Nothing afterwards until April 4, 2019. Over 3 1/2 YEARS. It was your first post back and your last one just about a year ago. Bans don't happen because of being nice and respectful.

lfigueroa
· Thread
· Apr 4, 2019
· Forum: One Pocket Forum

onepockethacker challenges Lou
lfigueroa
· Thread
· Sep 19, 2015

I haven't had any ban that long. Not to say I won't because this place is far too volatile.

Yours explained by Admin:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php?threads/permanent-punishment.12536/

Post #6 - NH STEVE (administrator) - Click "Expand"

I've also been far more helpful in answering questions to interested participants in aiming than you've EVER been for ANY facet of the game.

If so, post it. Knocking and attempting to destroy something to save someone from a fate as bad of death by CTE isn't helping. THAT is your style and actions for "helping".

Hey Lou, explain what you do in your PSR and how it got developed over the years.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
What's it is is drawing attention to how inane it is to be calling yourself a man of action, which in and of itself is pretty hilarious, but even crazier when used as a justification for your immature ranting.

I'm just wondering if you have a costume, Mr. Action Man? Tights? A mask? Certainly a cape, lol.

Lou Figueroa

My ranting? LMAO You retired as a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. A rank normally associated with respect and class by those in the military and outside.

Starting all the way back in RSB days over 20 years ago up through today, you exhibit neither and receive neither for your actions here. It's incessant day in and day out.

Control yourself Lou. Give some honor to the uniform and stripes instead of the direct opposite.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My ranting? LMAO You retired as a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. A rank normally associated with respect and class by those in the military and outside.
Starting all the way back in RSB days over 20 years ago up through today, you exhibit neither and receive neither for your actions here. It's incessant day in and day out.
Control yourself Lou. Give some honor to the uniform and stripes instead of the direct opposite.
Sooooooo...that's it.
I knew there was a reason most enlisted men, including myself, despised officers so much when I was in there.
The only officers I ever respected were those Marines and Soldiers who got out there in the dirt, rain, mud, and jungles... dodging bullets, and led their troops into battle. Those were deserving of the highest honors.
Those candy asses sitting in "desk jobs" didn't show much.

canwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How delightfully astute of you !!
Yes...I am indeed the "typical run of the mill poolpussy".
And as such (being the "typical run of the mill poolpussy")

And here I thought you thought you were special.
...so sad

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clearly not so? You have got to be kidding me! What word would you use in place of "attacks".

"Treats long time members with courtesy and respect at all times"?

Certainly wasn't the case over at onepocket. Hence the BAN.

Certainly isn't the case here. How about Stan, me, JB, Neil (in the past), cookie, Jay, Geno (the list goes on)

OK, so that one went whizzing over your head, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A real quick search on the forum showed you were BANNED on Sept. 19, 2015 since it was the last post made. Nothing afterwards until April 4, 2019. Over 3 1/2 YEARS. It was your first post back and your last one just about a year ago. Bans don't happen because of being nice and respectful.

lfigueroa
· Thread
· Apr 4, 2019

onepockethacker challenges Lou
lfigueroa
· Thread
· Sep 19, 2015

I haven't had any ban that long. Not to say I won't because this place is far too volatile.

Yours explained by Admin:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php?threads/permanent-punishment.12536/

Post #6 - NH STEVE (administrator) - Click "Expand"

I've also been far more helpful in answering questions to interested participants in aiming than you've EVER been for ANY facet of the game.

If so, post it. Knocking and attempting to destroy something to save someone from a fate as bad of death by CTE isn't helping. THAT is your style and actions for "helping".

Hey Lou, explain what you do in your PSR and how it got developed over the years.

I think I was banned for a much shorter period -- I wasn't checking and when I found out I wasn't banned I just chose to not to post there anyway, same as now.

How about you? How long was the last one? How many total?

As to my PSR, to quote Stan: You'll have to wait for the book. But as my Boswell, you should be able to find my posts going back to RSB in which I wax poetic about the importance of a consistent PSR.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think I was banned for a much shorter period -- I wasn't checking and when I found out I wasn't banned I just chose to not to post there anyway, same as now.

How about you? How long was the last one? How many total?

6 months. Don't know, don't care. It was in defense of Stan, Hal, CTE users, and myself. All good causes and if it has to be done again, it will.

All of us have been banned. You, PJ, Dan White, JB, Neil, cookie, me, Low...it is what it is. Your side for attacking anything and anybody involving CTE, and us for being reactive to defend ourselves and the system.

CTE is now beyond your control and who uses it. Pros use it, top amateurs in the country, and regular players.

All you are is CTE OWNED! Your minds have been taken over!

As to my PSR, to quote Stan: You'll have to wait for the book. But as my Boswell, you should be able to find my posts going back to RSB in which I wax poetic about the importance of a consistent PSR.

Lou Figueroa

I know you talked about the PSR but you never described it when asked. You also said you changed your PSR many times over. Why? What was the missing ingredient. Describe it in detail.

You can't get back to RSB from years ago any longer. It's kaput.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you talked about the PSR but you never described it when asked. You also said you changed your PSR many times over. Why? What was the missing ingredient. Describe it in detail.

You can't get back to RSB from years ago any longer. It's kaput.

oh, that's right.

We had PJ change the locks on the way out. I think I still have the code to the front door, so give me a minute... here you go, a lot of good info, a lot of old names and friends from long ago. I believe I address PSR somewhere in there.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.billiard/jruDU3hmGeY[1-25]

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
oh, that's right.

We had PJ change the locks on the way out. I think I still have the code to the front door, so give me a minute... here you go, a lot of good info, a lot of old names and friends from long ago. I believe I address PSR somewhere in there.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.billiard/jruDU3hmGeY[1-25]

Lou Figueroa

You may have mentioned it in when you made the "guest appearance" but nothing to explain it, as usual.

However, this was far more beneficial than explaining your PSR.

Fast Larry 2/22/07

LUCK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS CALLED, ZEN.

Want some, come see me, I sell it.

BILLIARD SUPER STORE, lowest prices on pool tables, cues &
accessories. We will meet or beat any price on the net. You want it,
we have it or we will get it.
www.billiards-superstore.com

TALK POOL, 900 members, polite people, no flame wars or bozos.
Contests
Have recently given away free pool tables, cues and Seven thousand
dollars of
Pool cues, racks, balls and DVD's. It's now the 4th largest site in
the USA. These
Two sites, pool chat and FL POOL generate 10,000 hits a week from 37
countries.
www.poolchat.net

POOL SCHOOL. Book a lesson from a touring pro and master level
instructor. Bring in a trick shot show by a World Artistic champion.
See world class trick shots steam live. Just click the trick shot
show tab.
Natural pool, simple techniques, dramatic results. Video taped
lesson. You get what you come for or the lesson is free.
THE POWER SOURCE POOL SCHOOL "Fast Larry" Guninger. POOL LESSONS
FROM A MASTER LEVEL INSTRUCTOR AND WORLD CHAMPION. 770-381-6609, fax
770-381-1916 web site www.fastlarrypool.com

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA. The total learning center. Explore the Encyclopedia
section where there are 226 instruction articles and it's all free
access. Enough pool knowledge to fill 4 full books. Simply click the
link, hit enter, hit the tab at the far left which says Encyclopedia,
then register free and read and advance your game. Virtually every
question you can have is answered there.
www.fastlarrypool.com

TRICK SHOT SHOW. Bring Fast Larry in to perform his mind boggling 100
shots. See him perform the world famous legends show. See the
greatest trick shots made that the greatest players performed. Very
affordable rates. See the former world champion and Ripley's believe
it or not legend blow your socks off.
Email fastlarry @bellsouth.net fast larry at bell south dot net run
those two together. Also use fastlarry @gmail.com
May God bless and peace be with you. May there now be peace between
us. If you are a real pool player, then fast truly loves you. May
the wind be always on your back and all 9 balls fall.
VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. "Fastus Maximus. " Latin for
"I came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all. Yes I really did
do it all and you can believe it, or not. If you don't believe it,
C'est La Vie. " Shoot straight, innovate, never give up, just run
out on the other guy then there is no way for you to lose.
THE POWER SOURCE POOL SCHOOL GOES ON THE ROAD every year and may be
coming to your home town. Check in with us to see if we can save you
a trip to Atlanta. You can pick up the current schedule at www.poolchat.net
under the forum ask fast larry. Larry's tour schedule is also posted
at www.fastlarrypool.com

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may have mentioned it in when you made the "guest appearance" but nothing to explain it, as usual.

However, this was far more beneficial than explaining your PSR.

Fast Larry 2/22/07

LUCK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS CALLED, ZEN.

Want some, come see me, I sell it.

BILLIARD SUPER STORE, lowest prices on pool tables, cues &
accessories. We will meet or beat any price on the net. You want it,
we have it or we will get it.
www.billiards-superstore.com

TALK POOL, 900 members, polite people, no flame wars or bozos.
Contests
Have recently given away free pool tables, cues and Seven thousand
dollars of
Pool cues, racks, balls and DVD's. It's now the 4th largest site in
the USA. These
Two sites, pool chat and FL POOL generate 10,000 hits a week from 37
countries.
www.poolchat.net

POOL SCHOOL. Book a lesson from a touring pro and master level
instructor. Bring in a trick shot show by a World Artistic champion.
See world class trick shots steam live. Just click the trick shot
show tab.
Natural pool, simple techniques, dramatic results. Video taped
lesson. You get what you come for or the lesson is free.
THE POWER SOURCE POOL SCHOOL "Fast Larry" Guninger. POOL LESSONS
FROM A MASTER LEVEL INSTRUCTOR AND WORLD CHAMPION. 770-381-6609, fax
770-381-1916 web site www.fastlarrypool.com

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA. The total learning center. Explore the Encyclopedia
section where there are 226 instruction articles and it's all free
access. Enough pool knowledge to fill 4 full books. Simply click the
link, hit enter, hit the tab at the far left which says Encyclopedia,
then register free and read and advance your game. Virtually every
question you can have is answered there.
www.fastlarrypool.com

TRICK SHOT SHOW. Bring Fast Larry in to perform his mind boggling 100
shots. See him perform the world famous legends show. See the
greatest trick shots made that the greatest players performed. Very
affordable rates. See the former world champion and Ripley's believe
it or not legend blow your socks off.
Email fastlarry @bellsouth.net fast larry at bell south dot net run
those two together. Also use fastlarry @gmail.com
May God bless and peace be with you. May there now be peace between
us. If you are a real pool player, then fast truly loves you. May
the wind be always on your back and all 9 balls fall.
VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. "Fastus Maximus. " Latin for
"I came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all. Yes I really did
do it all and you can believe it, or not. If you don't believe it,
C'est La Vie. " Shoot straight, innovate, never give up, just run
out on the other guy then there is no way for you to lose.
THE POWER SOURCE POOL SCHOOL GOES ON THE ROAD every year and may be
coming to your home town. Check in with us to see if we can save you
a trip to Atlanta. You can pick up the current schedule at www.poolchat.net
under the forum ask fast larry. Larry's tour schedule is also posted
at www.fastlarrypool.com

hmmmm, must have been thinking of another thread...

Try this one:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.sport.billiard/lfigueroa$20PSR%7Csort:date/rec.sport.billiard/kLD3boDDzIg/9NlvdxiozRUJ

Don't know why but you'll have to copy and paste the link.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
hmmmm, must have been thinking of another thread...

Try this one:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.sport.billiard/lfigueroa$20PSR%7Csort:date/rec.sport.billiard/kLD3boDDzIg/9NlvdxiozRUJ

Don't know why but you'll have to copy and paste the link.

Lou Figueroa

Now that's a good link with some decent sh*t in it. You never went through your PSR in a 1-8 (or whatever #) checklist from standing up, to getting every part into position right before pulling the trigger, but some good food for thought.

One area mentioned that I've given a lot of thought to as well as experimentation is the wrist position. I think a lot of players just get down with a flat back of the hand and right wrist and attempt stroking it straight through that way. I used to.

But what I detected, especially when something was really on the line money wise, is the asshole and wrist were tied in together. IOW, puckering asshole syndrome which causes the nerves to jump and body parts to twitch. Namely the wrist.

It could roll or twitch into a bent or concave position or arched in a convex position.
It was a two way potential for throwing everything off into a miss because it changes the shaft angle and tip position coming into the CB at impact.

If I read your post correctly, you prefer a slightly concave position like Keith McCready but probably not as pronounced.

I found a slightly arched or convex position better for me. Either way works and one isn't better than another. But what it does do is stop the TWO way screw up and the wrist is more locked in place by setting it that way instead of being loose and floppy.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I found a slightly arched or convex position better for me. Either way works and one isn't better than another. But what it does do is stop the TWO way screw up and the wrist is more locked in place by setting it that way instead of being loose and floppy.

Check out Jeremy Jones (and SVB to a lesser degree).

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And I think SVB may be a bit more arched now than he used to be.

Stan advocates that, too, right?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And I think SVB may be a bit more arched now than he used to be.

Stan advocates that, too, right?

Stan definitely plays with an arched wrist at set up and all the way through impact. So does Landon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-3BGNaTv0

Buddy Hall and older players did it on purpose during the stroke. They started off straight wristed at address and then rolled under (arched) or upward (bent) depending on what they wanted to do. It was called TUCK and ROLL. It changed the shaft angle coming into the ball for either right or left spin. It was the classic dynamic execution of backhand English.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that's a good link with some decent sh*t in it. You never went through your PSR in a 1-8 (or whatever #) checklist from standing up, to getting every part into position right before pulling the trigger, but some good food for thought.

One area mentioned that I've given a lot of thought to as well as experimentation is the wrist position. I think a lot of players just get down with a flat back of the hand and right wrist and attempt stroking it straight through that way. I used to.

But what I detected, especially when something was really on the line money wise, is the asshole and wrist were tied in together. IOW, puckering asshole syndrome which causes the nerves to jump and body parts to twitch. Namely the wrist.

It could roll or twitch into a bent or concave position or arched in a convex position.
It was a two way potential for throwing everything off into a miss because it changes the shaft angle and tip position coming into the CB at impact.

If I read your post correctly, you prefer a slightly concave position like Keith McCready but probably not as pronounced.

I found a slightly arched or convex position better for me. Either way works and one isn't better than another. But what it does do is stop the TWO way screw up and the wrist is more locked in place by setting it that way instead of being loose and floppy.

I've didn't say I delineated my PSR.

What I said was that you'd find me talking about why a detailed, consistent PSR is essential for most players. And the reason for why I have always demurred on spelling out what I do is because it's different for every player because of different body types -- head, eyes, height, stance, arms, legs, knees, wrists, fingers. (Everyone is different and all of this is the same reason a guy saying that he has a universal aiming system dependent on how people setup and perceive the balls would be highly dubious.) So my detailed PSR would have little value to someone else.

As to wrist position, I'm not 100% on the language you're using but to answer your question I've personally found use in a slightly counterclockwise or cocked wrist. I was first shown this eons ago by a very fine player named Dee Hulse in SF and he told me it was shown to him by Eddie "The Knoxville Bear" Taylor.

BTW, your buddy, AH, has a very distinct PSR.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I've didn't say I delineated my PSR.

What I said was that you'd find me talking about why a detailed, consistent PSR is essential for most players. And the reason for why I have always demurred on spelling out what I do is because it's different for every player because of different body types -- head, eyes, height, stance, arms, legs, knees, wrists, fingers. (Everyone is different and all of this is the same reason a guy saying that he has a universal aiming system dependent on how people setup and perceive the balls would be highly dubious.) So my detailed PSR would have little value to someone else.

I can agree with that entirely. Although it is yours and yours alone, I'm sure there are a number of members who would like to see if it is similar to what they're doing. That is if they even have an ingrained PSR at all. And you have changed it per your posts. What and why?

As to wrist position, I'm not 100% on the language you're using but to answer your question I've personally found use in a slightly counterclockwise or cocked wrist. I was first shown this eons ago by a very fine player named Dee Hulse in SF and he told me it was shown to him by Eddie "The Knoxville Bear" Taylor.

As far as I'm concerned, the old players from decades ago had more techniques and secrets for everything than the plain vanilla stuff done and taught today.

BTW, your buddy, AH, has a very distinct PSR.

Lou Figueroa

A good bit of what he does is distinct but it certainly has served him well. There is so much locked in his brain it's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCFA6fD-Dg

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good bit of what he does is distinct but it certainly has served him well. There is so much locked in his brain it's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCFA6fD-Dg

I have changed my PSR repeatedly trying to redefine and refine it.

The longer I experiment, the more facets I find intriguing. And the more relationships I find with one thing a player does and the result it produces, the further I go down a self-admitted rabbit hole. Much of what I have learned is not self-evident and I have had many "a ha!" moments.

So in my explorations I've found a whole world of things that are intertwined, with one affecting another in different ways to produce different results. And if you change one thing, it changes something else. So as you go about it you have to try and make those adjustments. The differences are often small but profound in terms of the results they produce with consistency and accuracy on the table being the goal.

And, I agree that the old masters took much knowledge with them to the grave. All kinds of small but immensely important things. It's too bad.

Lou Figueroa