Mike, Photos of stances?

H

Hogman

Hey mike, I have to say that you have a great site, you always have the best info on every event, big and small, and the player info section is a real gem, there is nothing like it out there.

Another great thing is the photos, and I wanted to give a little bit of feedback. I actually try and learn from the photos of players as I am still perfecting my physical game, but most of the photos seem to be "table up" shots that leave out the stance. Maybe you could request that if the photographer gets a chance, she could take some full profile or 3/4 shots that show a player's full form including their legs?

Thanks, and thanks for the greate site!

-Henry

H

Hogman

Just wanted to say thanks for the Patriot Cup gallery, there are some great photos of players in full form there.

-Henry

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is interesting to see the players' stances, where their head is in relationship to the stick, and their stroking style.

Recently, I was watching 15-year-old Chris Futrell from Norfolk, VA competing in a tournament. His formation was exactly the shape of a capital "A," with his feet balanced equally apart. With the east-west direction of his cue stick, his stance looked like a capital letter "A." :)

The most unusual stance I have ever seen has got to be Pookie. His toes are pointed outward and heels are inward, much like a ballerina step, and his grip on the cue always has his little pinky curled outward as if he's drinking a cup of tea. :D

I have often seen shots where the players have to get on their tip-toes in order to execute an odd angle. In the picture below, look at how Kid Delicious is up on his toes, leaning on the table for balance, and his bridge hand is firm as can be. It is good to be familiar with a variety of stances because shots do come up at times making it quite difficult to make a solid hit. :p

JAM

Attachments

• Kid Delicious leaning on table.JPG
    Kid Delicious leaning on table.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 198