I was just a kid on the way to pool room

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are not a photographer nor a quitter.:smile:

You have started this story numerous times, do a Ronnie Allen style podcast if you have to;)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this story was too long so i quit

I like your stories.

Please feel free to share ALL of them.....

Good stuff, from days that are long gone. Some may need to hear your story.

Dean, you may save some poor soul a lot of trouble by sharing your bad times, as well as the good.

Looking forward to each and every one of them sir.

Jeff

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I was just a kid on the way to the pool room...

having a little extra change in my pocket, I was even more eager to get there. Micky, the grizzly old man that owned the hall started stashing my favorite house cue in the back just for me. I cleaned up the place for him from time to time for table time.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

having a little extra change in my pocket, I was even more eager to get there. Micky, the grizzly old man that owned the hall started stashing my favorite house cue in the back just for me. I cleaned up the place for him from time to time for table time.

...that my granddad owned - a 6-table hole in the wall where I cleaned up for Mallow bars and played darts while Grampa and his cronies played dominoes.

I'm about his age now.

pj
chgo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
this story was too long so i quit

Damn....I knew I should’ve did the quote thing....:banghead:

Efren.....I was just a kid....but nobody could get my goat.....
...hell, I WAS the GOAT.....

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room was just across a small town,,pop about 1100 souls. When I walked into the spot, strange thing happened, I could not only see the balls rolling across the table I could hear them as well.. Strange indeed, back in those years as a young boy and wandering into. the den of iniquity as my folks ,later tried to distill into my soul and whippings that would arise later from frequenting the same establishment. Didn't take long, but that kid I was started a new education,,that not only taught me the world, but also thought me a way to make a living,,that at that time I thought was much easier that the way of the world. Owe If I had only known the years of practice and the tireless trips on the roads that lead me into different dens. Yes I had my days and when confronted by my peers and one of the greatest Wade Crane, when he told me I would have made my mark for others to strive for. I just grinned, because I knew, that was all I ever needed to hear, and the rest didn;t mean a thing. There are players out there my fiends, that are players you or the sport preserve's on TV , will never understand. I wish to this day I could still hear the balls roll down that table as a young man once did, but for the same thing from playing on the road the disabled problems from breaking the balls for so long a time frame,,hearing the balls roll and seeing the balls roll, are now in a different and unattainable construct,,they will never be in the same time of which I belong. Yeap Folks I'm as crazy as a damn loon !

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get the feeling that he walked to that pool room, through the snow, uphill, both ways.

Being a geezer that's how my stories go.