MWK/Tunder Cue for Sale

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
For your consideration is a very nice Mike Kinder cue. this cue was made in the Kinder/Tull shop at Shooter's Billiards around 1991. I have hit balls with this cue and it is very solid. The cue was made at the shop in Shooter's when Mike was primarily making cues by himself, thus the MWK labling as opposed to the earlier cues that were called Tunder cues (Tull/Kinder). Dan was still heavily involved but was trying to help Mike establish himself as a cue maker. This cue is available for $SOLD shipped via FEDEX 2nd day anywhere in the Lower 48. No trades please, this is another that Dan Tull is thinning from the herd.

Description:
Build Date: Between 1990 and 1992
Forearm: Four ebony points into birdseye maple.
Wrap: Incredibly clean and smooth green/white spec irish linen, looks new still.
Butt: Ebony with Delrin butt cap with MWK Logo (Mike W. Kinder). Also, if the new owner wants I can put a brown bumper on the cue to give it an even older school look
Joint: 5/16-14 piloted steel with silver rings.

Specifications:
Butt: - Very good shape zero dings and scratches, there is one spot at the bottom of one of points that loos like a smudge and will probably buff out.
Joint: 5/16-14 piloted steel with silver rings.
Joint Width .840"
Top of wrap: 1.03"
Bottom of wrap: 1.19"
Butt 15.4oz with a bolt
Shaft 1 - 13.0mm 4.1oz Aegis Ferrule Triangle Tip
Shaft 2 - 13.1mm 4.1oz Aegis Ferrule Triangle Tip and a hairline crack at the base of the ferrule, at this point the crack is not all the way through the ferrule and still hits solid.

Butt Pictures, shafts in next post:

t4.JPG

t5.JPG

P1020247.JPG

P1020248.JPG

Attachments

• t3.JPG
    t3.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,033
Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
These cues are hard to find in this condition. Every one I ever saw hit a ton, and they are actively sought after by players in the midwest who know of Kinder`s cuemaking skills. BTW, the shafts alone could bring your asking price for the cue.

Good luck with the sale.

Will Prout

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
These cues are hard to find in this condition. Every one I ever saw hit a ton, and they are actively sought after by players in the midwest who know of Kinder`s cuemaking skills. BTW, the shafts alone could bring your asking price for the cue.

Good luck with the sale.

Will Prout

Thanks Will, I agree 100% with your point on the shafts these babies are old growth and Dan got them back in the 1980's when more good maple was available. I was playing one pocket with Dan about two years and some guy walked in with the cue and wanted to trade it for a newer cue so Dan gave him a pretty nice Durbin that was worth around 400 for the MWK.

Hope all is well with you sir.

Take Care
-don

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
If anyone is looking for a good deal on a cue to keep and play with, you cant go wrong here. These cue's play great.

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Thanks for the bumps guys, Dan said 425.00 shipped will break him even on this cue, so if anyone wants a great deal on a great cue shoot me a PM.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
For playability and price, this is by far the best deal on here right now. I hope someone buys this because if I sell something else I will....even though I dont need it:grin: