Travel Cues - Full Length Good Quality 3pcs

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I'm just curious what 3pc Style good quality Travel cues are out there? (I'm thinking might fit inside a motorcycle saddle bag).

Saw McDermott makes a "Travel Cue". Wondered what else could be out there..

Info, pictures & links please!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple of AzB members have previously mentioned owning 3-piece cues made by Sheldon Lebow.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I'm just curious what 3pc Style good quality Travel cues are out there? (I'm thinking might fit inside a motorcycle saddle bag).

Cue by Sheldon Lebow case by Chas Clements.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 3 Piece 004.jpg
    3 Piece 004.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,191

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andy Gilbert Travler Cues

Hello PickPocket, :smile:
1st, no disrespect to anyone.. :)
Will Prout ( President of the ICCS) has some Andy Gilbert Traveler "3 piece Cues".
I believe they were Limitd Edition, Custom "made/order" by Will, from Andy and Vicky Gilbert.
Andy Gilbert is a very respectable Cue Maker ( No disrespect to anyone)
I believe Will mentioned it was a Limited Edition of only 10 Traveler Cues.

This would be a cool choice because it has "sort of a provenance".
Below is a Gallery Presentation of Will's A. Gilbert Personal Traveler Cue ( Will's Cue is Limited Edtion Cue #1 )

For those of you who do nt know, the ICCS is the " International Cuemakers Cue Show". One of the highest honor a cuemaker can achieve.
Will is IBUYCUES here on Az Billiards.

Thank you for viewing,
Alton Takata

Attachments

• Gilbert Traveler Cue.jpg
    Gilbert Traveler Cue.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
This never even occurred to me. I like this idea for travel. I bet it wouldn't be allowed in carry on luggage for a plane. that has always been a downside to traveling light for me.

A three piece cue meant for travel is a great idea. I will have to look at this more. leave it AZB to show me something else I feel I want to spend money on.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have two 3-piece travel cues.

Sheldon Lebow 3-piece, built to the same dimensions as my Schuler
Two (shafts); A 314 and a 314-2
Case: JBCases, leather w/ ultrapad

Gilbert 3-piect (see Alton's post, same batch)
One Shaft
Case: JBCase, Rugged style w/ultrapad (I think)

Both cues play great, and I won a tournament with the Lebow cue. The first JBCase, I didn't get it short enough. John Barton and I worked on it, and I don't know if it was the first of its kind, but doesn't fit in a standard rollerboard. My second JBCase for my Gilbert cue, we made sure it was just tall enough. It fit diagonally in a rollerboard. That way, I'm only checking one piece of luggage, and it's inconspicuous enough.

Freddie

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
This would be a cool choice because it has "sort of a provenance".
Below is a Gallery Presentation of Will's A. Gilbert Personal Traveler Cue ( Will's Cue is Limited Edtion Cue #1 )

Hey, Alton!!!

Will had these built by Andy after I showed him and Andy my Lebow 3-piece at Derby City. I think they turned out amazing!

Freddie <~~~ have cue, Will travels

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
hxtp1_1542211810_hxtp1_850.jpg

The Pure X HXTP1 may just be the finest jump/break cue on the market. The jumping ability is as good, or better, than any jump cue that I've used. The breaking 'feel' is similar to a Predator BK III. The cue is actually a 4 pc.

If you want to turn it into a player, just get a different shaft. This may be the most economical route, for a good multi-piece cue.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More provenance.

Hey, Alton!!!

Will had these built by Andy after I showed him and Andy my Lebow 3-piece at Derby City. I think they turned out amazing!

Freddie <~~~ have cue, Will travels

Wow Fred.. Adds more to the provenance, :smile:
I remember Sheldon from way back when I started coming to the internet.
He made the Kanji Caligraphy Inlay cue. :)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Here’s one by Dennis Diekman....a beauty...
..3 shafts...carom, pool, and snooker

C851E4C4-50F7-4717-BBCA-5FC9F17F3A6F.jpeg

If I ran into a LeBow with those three shafts...with G-10 pins...I’m going off..:wub:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Travel Cue Options

Does Lebow or Gilbert take current orders on these, or were they Limited runs?

Any currently for sale?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This never even occurred to me. I like this idea for travel. I bet it wouldn't be allowed in carry on luggage for a plane. that has always been a downside to traveling light for me.

A three piece cue meant for travel is a great idea. I will have to look at this more. leave it AZB to show me something else I feel I want to spend money on.

I ran my 3 piece carbon fiber cue thru security and they didn’t say anything. Legal, technically No. I had it in my 20” small suitcase.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any currently for sale?

Don't really know about current orders but if he's still making sawdust I suspect he'd be happy to custom make one for you to your specs.

Lou Figueroa

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Any currently for sale?

I know the Gilberts just made one recently.

And Sheldon is the absolute epitome of "Custom Cuemaker." Like Lou says, if Sheldon is still making sawdust, he'll build you whatever true custom cue you want (within his moral compass, of course).

Freddie <~~~ broken moral compass