• It's ok.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • It's no good.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This is great...if you can set this up I will be the first to pledge $10. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For starters we can all do our part by stopping in the app store on iTunes and hit the share button after searching Billiards Buddy and tag it over to our Facebook accounts to spread the word about this great app. I just discovered this Over the weekend and did my part.

We can also take the time to write a review on iTunes that should also help. I intend on doing tat this evening.

Steve

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
how do you work the score for three cushion billiards

Fasteddief, you can use the big plus button to increase the score, or the little minus button to decrease it. Hit 'Miss' to switch to the other player. You cannot decrease the score further after changing players, because the game tracks innings and not just points. If you made a mistake, you should use the undo button (Hit the little (i) button between the player names).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more specific questions.

arsenius

Silver Member
For starters we can all do our part by stopping in the app store on iTunes and hit the share button after searching Billiards Buddy and tag it over to our Facebook accounts to spread the word about this great app. I just discovered this Over the weekend and did my part.

We can also take the time to write a review on iTunes that should also help. I intend on doing tat this evening.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I just setup a new facebook page for Billiards Buddy. It is completely blank at the moment other than the profile pic (Version 2.0's new icon!), but I will add to it as I have time.

And as Steve said, it is very helpful to me to have people rate the app and leave reviews. Positive reviews are a big motivator.:D

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I've ever been to a pool hall that didn't have either the score counters on the table, or a hand-held score keeper that they give you at the counter when you get the balls. The phone app is cool, but do you want some guy messing with your phone? Or, do you now have to keep score for both people and then get into an argument about how you didn't score his runs correctly?

Just wondering...

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the app for a while but hadn't used it. I went ahead and upgraded to Pro today and gave it it's first workout tonight. It works fine! Unfortunately, for the first time since I went on Disability last February, my back says "NO!" Hoping the rainy weather has something to do with it, that, and not taking my optional dose of pain meds:rolleyes:

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I've ever been to a pool hall that didn't have either the score counters on the table, or a hand-held score keeper that they give you at the counter when you get the balls. The phone app is cool, but do you want some guy messing with your phone? Or, do you now have to keep score for both people and then get into an argument about how you didn't score his runs correctly?

Just wondering...

It's easy to use and gives you a complete summary of your game. Like AccuStats. Hopefully soon you'll be able to send the result to Facebook/Twitter. Even if we had beads I would still use this, since stats do matter to me.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
Tim/arsenius, we've had some email about the app several months ago...

Kickstarter is great (my girlfriend raised almost $14,000 with it to finance her education in Sweden this winter), but keep in mind that between Kickstarter itself and Amazon (which you must use to fulfill the pledges), you give up almost 10%! that's a lot of money.

on the other hand, Kickstarter will expose you to a lot of people who won't find it on azbilliards. i have now 5 friends who've used Kickstarter to fund projects, and all of them have had a least a little money from people who literally just shop around on Kickstarter for projects to fund (something which the structure of the site encourages).

all that said, you might think of doing some fundraising here where we're all enthusiasts and many of us have used your product, and then some on Kickstarter with the associated fees (not to mention the overhead of having to produce a video and all of the rewards Kickstarter requires).

either way, good luck!

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
AWESOME!!! I am going to try this out tonight. Thanks so much for doing it and making it free for all.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Ok I used it for several hours over the weekend and I really liked it. It's very easy to use and I really liked the overall feel of the app. Great job, I would happily pay for this app.

arsenius

Silver Member
v 2.0 is coming along...

Hi All,

First, sorry I haven't been back to this thread in a while. My family came to visit for a few weeks and I've just been generally busy. But, thanks everyone for their kind remarks while I was gone.

Wigglybridge, that's amazing about your girlfriend's success, and very encouraging. I'll have to take another look at the kickstarter process.

Next, I've been putting in a good amount of time on version 2.0 lately. I have gotten a lot of code cleaned up, which will make future updates easier. And I have started designing the iPad version, even though I said I wouldn't until I got all the features I want for 2.0 added to the iPhone version. It's something I can do at the computer when I'm not able to actually program.

Here is a screenshot (actually a mockup, no iPad code has been written yet) of the 14.1 counter for iPad. It isn't nearly finished yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

If anyone has thoughts on what to do with the dead space on the left and right, please speak up. Right now I'm planning on adding the stats that are displayed in the game summary. I will also add a shot clock over there (iPad only due to screen space) as a pro feature.

You can see that "race to" and the player names have buttons now. They allow the players or race length to be changed mid game, which has been a common request.

The items in the circular "i" button will be moved to the top rail. The little button in the top left is what they will look like when done. History will still be there, but I didn't add any tabs to the mockup yet.

Finally, if you have facebook please "like" billiardsbuddy. Not too many people have done so yet.

Here's the mockup:
QQOJw.jpg

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will anxiously await the Ipad version. The present Iphone version works great on my Ipad though.

I like the idea of a shot clock added.

-Dennis

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great App! We use it all the time. Looking forward to the iPad version and SH🎱T CLOCK esp! 😁

Hector3cushion

Hector
Silver Member
3cushion counter question

how do a set up matches with handicaps? for example, i play 30 points, my opponent plays 25. In 3C we typically don't put the beads on the wire. I can set up a race to 30, my friend will start out with 5 (on the wire), but to keep track of my opponent I have to see how many beads he has on the wire + the handicap to get to thebilliardsbudy total. rather annoying and inneficient.

PS: other than this i love the App.

arsenius

Silver Member
@Hector, are you using the handicap feature when you start a new match? It is 'beads on the wire' style. Are you saying you would rather have no beads on the wire, and have two "race to" indicators, one for each player, and have each player play to different scores?

Unfortunately, I probably will not change the handicapping style or add options for multiple kinds. It takes a lot of time to add those types of features. But I may be able to add an indicator for the handicaps on the main screen for each player, at least on the iPad where there is more space.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be happy to test if you wanna PM me a Redemption Code for v2.0 beta.

I have a match with 14-1StraightMan this Saturday, so we can give it a run for its money. :)

arsenius

Silver Member
I'd be happy to test if you wanna PM me a Redemption Code for v2.0 beta.

I have a match with 14-1StraightMan this Saturday, so we can give it a run for its money. :)

Probably won't have it ready for this weekend, but I will need beta testers soon. Anyone who's interested, please send me your UDID email it to me at billiardsbuddy@gmail.com and I will get your phone setup for beta testing. (Sending me your UDID has the added benefit of allowing you to use pre-release versions of iOS, if you are into beta testing for apple.)

You can use this app to determine the UDID and send it via email from within the app.

Also, I ask that anyone interested in beta testing be patient with the process of getting their phone setup. It is a notoriously error prone process due to the protections apple has in place.

Last edited:

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably won't have it ready for this weekend, but I will need beta testers soon. Anyone who's interested, please send me your UDID email it to me at billiardsbuddy@google.com and I will get your phone setup for beta testing. (Sending me your UDID has the added benefit of allowing you to use pre-release versions of iOS, if you are into beta testing for apple.)

You can use this app to determine the UDID and send it via email from within the app.

Also, I ask that anyone interested in beta testing be patient with the process of getting their phone setup. It is a notoriously error prone process due to the protections apple has in place.

I just sent my UDID via the app you recommended. :)

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So today I had a 14.1 match, so we used BilliardsBuddy. For some reason the score got mangled both times we tried it. We split the first rack, 7 pints each, but for some reason when we started the second rack, the score showed 0-0. We gave up and went with paper & pencil.

Looking forward to testing v2...and hoping the developer charges something for it if only to encourage time/effort spent on the app. :):):)

arsenius

Silver Member
Poolmouse, I got your UDID the other day. Thank you!

I'm not sure what to tell you on the bug though. I just tested a new game briefly, with "Safe, 7 Points, 7 Points" and it worked fine. Could you email me more information about it? Maybe include a screenshot of the history screen for the games that got screwed up, so that I can duplicate how you did it. Have you had any other problems with it?