wood floor

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Wood floors

junior718 said:
anybody have a room with a wood floor? any problems with table leveling?
Wood floors typically look real nice, the downside is they are loud and will fatigue a player after a few hours playing. Leveling should probably be less of a hassle than on carpet but I don't know this for sure.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Foot Slippage!

If you have to stretch for a shot, your foot will slip on a wood floor. That high traffic carpet is much better.

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
I have a wood floor and no problems. Sneakers or any rubber sole will not slip. leveling is a brezze.

Attachments

• 100_0881.jpg
    100_0881.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 370

junior718

Skyline Billiard Club
Silver Member
there is carpet on the floor but the floor is wood underneath. seems like the floor shifts with the weather so the tables get some rolls. i was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with a problem like that?

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this for a home table or a pool hall? For home it can be alright. That is unless your floor is far from level and we have to shim it a lot. We do have rubber facings (What we use for the pockets) that we often cut down and put underneath the feet to keep it from slipping.

If you are wanting it for a pool hall I would not recommend it at all. Not unless you have a GC, Diamond Pro, Grand Champion, or a commercial style table that is extremely heavy and has rubber feeting.

The reason being is I've seen furniture style tables on concrete floors where it slid off of rubber shims and was way out of wack.