JJCUE stand up cases - junk without support

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Excellent point about being more aware. Because even a vendor selling good products like Nielson will gladly sell you a very not so good product. That is why I'm posting about the not so good product. It's part of making others AWARE.

All your doing on this thread is bashing. You never called J and J. You didn't get immediate satisfaction from the retailer and didn't want to make another phone call, BUT your drove to a leather shop? How much time have you spent complaining on here?

"JJCUE stand up cases-junk without support"= I contacted the guy who sold it to me a year and a half ago and he told me to call the wholesaler. I got mad and jumped on my keyboard.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is 100% correct. 18 months?? If YOU sold the case and 18 months later someone wanted it fixed....would you?

Furthermore, I have to wonder how a piece of leather suddenly tears. The other side of that handle, and the rest of the case, look to be in good shape.

ALL THAT ASIDE, did you ever call J and J? Go buy a leather jacket somewhere and, after a year and a half, tell the store a pocket tore, you want them to fix it, and let me know what they say.

1. I agree regarding 18 months, I was just asking for help and support in repairing. Not a refund. 2. If I was in the business of selling billiard equipment, I would likely offer another case at cost. And say that's the best i can do. And/or I would not sell products that had poor quality. 3. Its not leather.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All your doing on this thread is bashing. You never called J and J. You didn't get immediate satisfaction from the retailer and didn't want to make another phone call, BUT your drove to a leather shop? How much time have you spent complaining on here?

"JJCUE stand up cases-junk without support"= I contacted the guy who sold it to me a year and a half ago and he told me to call the wholesaler. I got mad and jumped on my keyboard.

I have corrected my original post to include JJcue and the title states JJcue, and yes I did call JJcue. They said they were strictly a wholesaler and pointed me back to the seller. I've spent the last 3 months carrying around this piece of crap as well.

I have been in retail sales, sales and service, marketing as well as finance. There are decisions people make about how they do business consciously or unconsciously.

I currently work for a large financial institution. I'm on an MRA project. That's where the Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau write a Matters Requiring Attention letter. In that letter they identified several add on credit card products to consumers that apparently they deemed to have no value (identity theft, credit protection... etc). The bank has to give the money back. The project has a reserve of about $300m, and is effecting some 12 million consumers.

My point? It matters about selling ANYTHING and being responsible. And that is all parties who benefited.

Last I checked this is a Cue Case Review forum. This is my review of this product and the service (no service) I received:
1. I bought a case from Nielson's. @ $170.
2. 18 months The handle fell off.
3. Attempted to repair on my own.
4. Contacted the seller
5. Contacted the Whole Saler
6. Product can not be repaired.
7. Posted my results on the Cue Case Review Forum.

Since this case has not been reviewed on the forum I would consider it a valuable addition. Per several posters, I am attempting to make others "aware" of performance of this product and the people who sell it.

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have corrected my original post to include JJcue and the title states JJcue, and yes I did call JJcue. They said they were strictly a wholesaler and pointed me back to the seller. I've spent the last 3 months carrying around this piece of crap as well.

I have been in retail sales, sales and service, marketing as well as finance. There are decisions people make about how they do business consciously or unconsciously.

I currently work for a large financial institution. I'm on an MRA project. That's where the Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau write a Matters Requiring Attention letter. In that letter they identified several add on credit card products to consumers that apparently they deemed to have no value (identity theft, credit protection... etc). The bank has to give the money back. The project has a reserve of about $300m, and is effecting some 12 million consumers.

My point? It matters about selling ANYTHING and being responsible. And that is all parties who benefited.

Last I checked this is a Cue Case Review forum. This is my review of this product and the service (no service) I received. The facts are as follows.
4. Contacted the seller
5. Contacted the Wholesaler - JJcue.com

Since this case has not been reviewed on the forum I would consider it a valuable addition. Per several posters, I am attempting to make others "aware" of performance of this product and the retail sellers who will distribute it.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

Last I checked this is a Cue Case Review forum. This is my review of this product and the service (no service) I received. The facts are as follows.
4. Contacted the seller
5. Contacted the Wholesaler - JJcue.com

Since this case has not been reviewed on the forum I would consider it a valuable addition. Per several posters, I am attempting to make others "aware" of performance of this product and the retail sellers who will distribute it.

EXACTLY WHAT DID YOU EXPECT AFTER 18 MONTHS? Please be specific. Should they replace the case? Pay for shipping as well? Give you money/credit?

"Large financial institution" and "MRA project". Matters Requiring Attention or part of a project that is supposed to give an objective and unbiased report back to the company that is being reviewed?

I really don't see how any part of whatever job you really do, except for the part where you are now implying both Nielson and JJcues actively engage in fraud, has anything to do with this.

This is now more a review about you as far as I'm concerned and now I am not at all surprised with Nielson threatening to sue you.

I suggest you consult with legal at your "Large financial institution" before you post any more "reviews"

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cant be repaired but cant a leather shop make you a piece to replace the broken one?
doesn't look all that difficult a piece to make another, probably stronger of you ask them to make it that way being that it broke once before

I agree with you. People at Red Shoes and other thought it would be no problem. You can't take the case apart is the issue. The inside liner is glued. Removing it to replace the grommet/staple is impossible without totally destroying the case. If you look at the picture you can't strap something around it because of the pockets on the case. Believe me, I looked at this from several angles. I'm not a cheap person. I liked the stand feature.

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EXACTLY WHAT DID YOU EXPECT AFTER 18 MONTHS? Please be specific. Should they replace the case? Pay for shipping as well? Give you money/credit?

"Large financial institution" and "MRA project". Matters Requiring Attention or part of a project that is supposed to give an objective and unbiased report back to the company that is being reviewed?

I really don't see how any part of whatever job you really do, except for the part where you are now implying both Nielson and JJcues actively engage in fraud, has anything to do with this.

This is now more a review about you as far as I'm concerned and now I am not at all surprised with Nielson threatening to sue you.

I suggest you consult with legal at your "Large financial institution" before you post any more "reviews"

Randy,

Slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

This is a simple performance issue. My message to people interested in J&J cases is that they can not be restored to original condition after the handle breaks off. The wholesaler nor the seller will support the product once sold. Don't buy them because they are of poor quality. A cheap handle that can't support the weight of the case, with normal use. I would consider once or twice weekly use light myself.

I hope this helps Randy.

Update:

Randy, this is exactly what I expect, please read carefully.

Instroke:

If after 12 months you have a problem with an Instroke cue case, we still
want to know about it. You may either take the case to the retailer you
purchased it from or return it to us directly. We will determine what is
wrong with the case and advise you how best to fix the problem. We will
either repair or replace the defective case for a nominal fee.

Instroke cases are guaranteed as long as proof exists of legitimate purchase
from an authorized dealer, either with a copy of the original purchase
receipt or by having registered the case with us at time of purchase.
Authorized dealers are retailers serviced by any of our authorized wholesale
partners who display this logo:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a link for a vinyl 3x5 under $170:
http://www.seyberts.com/products/3X5_Black_Premier_Case-1042-183.html

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I expected

Randy,

My apology for not responding to your question.

My expectations were along these lines. I was thinking that they would ask for the case back (verify no abuse) and offer me a significant discount on another case. Some type of acknowledgement of the quality of the case. Something like, "Hey I'm sorry, yea we have problems with them or we never have problems with them.... let me help.

(And I need to be clear, I would likely not have taken them up on it, UNLESS they had exactly what I wanted. Again I like it or I don't.)

Ross from OB can testify that I have bought over a dozen shafts from him. Every one they make for almost every different joint I have. We have had a couple of issues but they were easily resolved. I've also bought several shafts from Diveney as well. Not to mention my Bobby Hunter, that I love. I still have them all. Easily several grand just trying different things out. What I learned is spending more time practicing improves my game more than buying new equipment. :smile:

Summary, I spend money on pool equipment and more than most, IMO. Equipment like tips, shafts, spotted cue balls, gloves, scuffers just a butt load of crap. Color me crazy but that is the kind of customer I want if I'm selling pool equipment. And any business person with common sense would treat every customer like that until they prove otherwise.

The best thing for any consumer who has experienced poor service and/or bought a poor performing product, is to share it with others. Forums are one of the places people share these experiences. Its called freedom of speech.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Randy,

Slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

This is a simple performance issue. My message to people interested in J&J cases is that they can not be restored to original condition after the handle breaks off. The wholesaler nor the seller will support the product once sold. Don't buy them because they are of poor quality. A cheap handle that can't support the weight of the case, with normal use. I would consider once or twice weekly use light myself.

I hope this helps Randy.

I never used the word slander, so what's your point?

You avoid answering the simple question of how long you think they should be responsible.

JB makes a pretty good case and his warranty is one year. Are you saying the same thing about him? Would he fix your case if he made it? If he wanted to charge you, would that make him a bad guy? A new strap can be put on that case if you wanted one but, as I already stated, it most likely is not cost effective.

This is all a bit of fun, but your "story" holds water like a paper bag.

You think Nielson and JJCues should be responsible for fixing your case, yet you took it to a leather repair guy first/tried to fix it yourself? If you really thought it was a defect, even after the unreasonable amount of time we are talking about, wouldn't those two be your first call instead of driving around to leather shops?

At first you didn't say you contacted JJ, but now suddenly you do.

Only YOU know how your case was treated in the year and a half you've owned it. Your attitude here suggests you might get grumpy when things don't go your way. Nearly EVERYONE I know uses shoulder straps unless grabbing their case out of a car. Maybe yours got stuck in between or behind a seat?

What EXACTLY were the circumstances when you ripped the handle apart. I ripped things before and, to be honest, once they began to rip I stopped.

This has become an amusement and I can't wait to hear what you have to say now..

I hope that helps Ted

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You got it Randy, apparently the unbiased opinion didn't go well.

It was an example of how the real world works regarding consumer protections.

Randy, when a person posts an experience with a product and service on a forum like this, who else would it be about? It is their view point in reference to the product. I'm not certain if that is news but yes, it is about me.

Really? Well your mother wears army boots. And if she does they're likely not shined.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Randy,

My apology for not responding to your question.

My expectations were along these lines. I was thinking that they would ask for the case back (verify no abuse) and offer me a significant discount on another case. Some type of acknowledgement of the quality of the case. Something like, "Hey I'm sorry, yea we have problems with them or we never have problems with them.... let me help.

(And I need to be clear, I would likely not have taken them up on it, UNLESS they had exactly what I wanted. Again I like it or I don't.)

Ross from OB can testify that I have bought over a dozen shafts from him. Every one they make for almost every different joint I have. We have had a couple of issues but they were easily resolved. I've also bought several shafts from Diveney as well. Not to mention my Bobby Hunter, that I love. I still have them all. Easily several grand just trying different things out. What I learned is spending more time practicing improves my game more than buying new equipment. :smile:

Summary, I spend money on pool equipment and more than most, IMO. Equipment like tips, shafts, spotted cue balls, gloves, scuffers just a butt load of crap. Color me crazy but that is the kind of customer I want if I'm selling pool equipment. And any business person with common sense would treat every customer like that until they prove otherwise.

The best thing for any consumer who has experienced poor service and/or bought a poor performing product, is to share it with others. Forums are one of the places people share these experiences. Its called freedom of speech.

You must mean Royce. OB is an exceptional and extraordinary example of customer service that is NOT to be expected of 99% of the rest of the world. They even cover warpage with some shafts, which is almost ALWAYS due to ABUSE.

Most reasonable people will say you are being unreasonable in expecting too much from ANY retailer after a year and a half.

What you obviously don't understand, as you quote freedom of speech as a right, is that there are limits to what can lawfully be said. Any malice on your part makes you liable. Furthermore, If you REALLY think you can say whatever you like, give the Whitehouse a call and tell them you think something violent should happen to Obama. Maybe even walk into an airport and tell a TSA agent the facility sucks and should be blown up. Let me know how that goes.

To be clear, I think there is much more to what happened. I searched around and couldn't find another example of this case failing. If they are JUNK like you say, and you imply they are all JUNK, can you show me more examples?

This really is fun...

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never used the word slander, so what's your point?

You avoid answering the simple question of how long you think they should be responsible.

There is likely a boiler plate 30days but outside of that its part of building relationships with customers. The more successful the business is often an indicator of how people handle their customers... negotiate for a win/win. I expected a lot more than being ignored and threatened. See previous response to your question. Sorry I was slow to respond to that one. I would also add that I wouldn't carry a product that wouldn't justify the cost of doing business. [/QUOTE]

JB makes a pretty good case and his warranty is one year. Are you saying the same thing about him? Would he fix your case if he made it? If he wanted to charge you, would that make him a bad guy? A new strap can be put on that case if you wanted one but, as I already stated, it most likely is not cost effective.

1. This is not about JB.
2. I've never done business with JB
3. YES I WOULD HAVE PAID HIM TO FIX IT! GLADLY! (appears to be a big disconnect here in your understanding of my position)
4. I have written this before in this thread. The case cover is glued to the outside. To replace or repair the grommets/rivets it would essentially destroy the case. The leather shop I took it to was not impressed.

This is all a bit of fun, but your "story" holds water like a paper bag.

A paper bag will hold water. About as long the handle will last on a PC35x J&J case.:wink:

You think Nielson and JJCues should be responsible for fixing your case, yet you took it to a leather repair guy first/tried to fix it yourself? If you really thought it was a defect, even after the unreasonable amount of time we are talking about, wouldn't those two be your first call instead of driving around to leather shops?

It was really a convenience thing for me. I had no problem paying for the repair. Because I liked the case. (again... all about me) I figured they do it for $30 or $40 np) I'm going to write this in caps so you get it. THE CASE HANDLE CAN NOT BE RESTORED... REPAIRED... FIXED. That is when I sent a couple of unanswered emails to JoeRackem. Then I called him. He gave me J&J's number. Then I sent a complaint through eBay. That's when he flamed me.

At first you didn't say you contacted JJ, but now suddenly you do.

I did not include my communication with J&J in the first post but I did update it to make it easier to follow and understand. (Shoot me no Randy I take that back):wink:

Only YOU know how your case was treated in the year and a half you've owned it. Your attitude here suggests you might get grumpy when things don't go your way. Nearly EVERYONE I know uses shoulder straps unless grabbing their case out of a car. Maybe yours got stuck in between or behind a seat?

1st that is the most frustrating thing is that I really didn't abuse the case. I have 1 or 2 leagues I play in. That is why, if I were the seller I would have them send it back to me to verify abuse. And you are again suggesting that I'm lying. (you are so not coming to my next party... your officially off the list) I use the handle because that's what I'm comfortable with. I have no clue on where you're going with that. I guess I'm not like EVERYONE you know.:eek:

What EXACTLY were the circumstances when you ripped the handle apart. I ripped things before and, to be honest, once they began to rip I stopped.

I was beating my wife with it of course.:D I noticed it was starting to tear. Babied it for a while and it broke. Color me crazy, I just assumed it could be fixed. The old lady? She's fine. A couple of drinks, she's all good.

This has become an amusement and I can't wait to hear what you have to say now..

LOL! you are a complete maniac.

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must mean Royce. OB is an exceptional and extraordinary example of customer service that is NOT to be expected of 99% of the rest of the world. They even cover warpage with some shafts, which is almost ALWAYS due to ABUSE.

Correction, I worked with Doc over at OB. I'm sure he gets his direction from the top. And I expect EVERY business to do it just like them. They are not a non-profit organization but yet they have a good product, a great reputation and they make money.

Most reasonable people will say you are being unreasonable in expecting too much from ANY retailer after a year and a half.

Are we back to "Most reasonable people" and "Everyone I know"?

What you obviously don't understand, as you quote freedom of speech as a right, is that there are limits to what can lawfully be said. Any malice on your part makes you liable. Furthermore, If you REALLY think you can say whatever you like, give the Whitehouse a call and tell them you think something violent should happen to Obama. Maybe even walk into an airport and tell a TSA agent the facility sucks and should be blown up. Let me know how that goes.

You got me there.

To be clear, I think there is much more to what happened. I searched around and couldn't find another example of this case failing. If they are JUNK like you say, and you imply they are all JUNK, can you show me more examples?

1st - There is nothing more to it than a poor product and poor service. (Heads up, the world is round as well.)
2nd - Very good point sir, about available information. I'm here so that anyone and everyone who queries this product will know my experience.

This really is fun...

You are crazy ;-) - Have a great weekend. (and your still off the party list!)

Last edited:

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, after 18 months it is no longer Nielsen's problem, if it ever was to begin with.

Do a search on this product and you will find very little regarding quality and durability. I don't have time to buy a new case everyyear. it's of poor quality and it can not be repaired. You are right. After a year it's no bodies problem but mine.

JKA you do understand what a cue case review forum is for? it's to review cue cases. Quality and service have value. Or is this forum just for how pretty they look?

Truthfully I have no idea of what you are talking about. My message? I bought a case that could not be repaired. It lasted 18 month.

If I had known that I would not have bought it. (That is why I'm posting in a cue case review forum, so others can learn about this product. That is the purpose of a cue review forum.)

Now I'm really confused. Why are you posting or reading this forum? Do you make cases. Sell cases? Are you buying a new case?

Me? I had a case, but it fell apart. Now I'm buying a new one.

I think you may have accidently got lost.

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Take it back to the leather shop. Ask if, rather than replacing the handle, they can sew a strap onto it.
A splice I guess. It looks like the short end can be pulled out of the reinforcement, sew the replacement strap on. Then thread it back through and then sew it onto the long part of the handle. Then cover it up with that snap on thing and nobody will know.

Should last longer than the rest of the case!

Last edited:

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the original poster was ripped off. Even if he says "Yeah, I deliberately broke the handle," the retailer and original manufacturer should offer to, a) repair the product or, b) offer an alternate that is acceptable to the buyer.
There is no law that states that a retailer or original manufacturer can't charge a customer ("customer," a sacred entity) for a repair, instead of offering lame excuses.
18 months? The time period of use means nothing, Nothing!
It's all a matter of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Shoot Safe.

John

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take it back to the leather shop. Ask if, rather than replacing the handle, they can sew a strap onto it.
A splice I guess. It looks like the short end can be pulled out of the reinforcement, sew the replacement strap on. Then thread it back through and then sew it onto the long part of the handle. Then cover it up with that snap on thing and nobody will know.

Should last longer than the rest of the case!

Maxx, thank you for the suggestion. I agree that I could likely find a work around solution by working with other repair shops. But then I'm continuing to support the maker and sellers of this case.

I'm looking at a replacements. Likely a 2×4 Instroke. If you have a suggestion of a nice leather case in the 2-400 range let me know. Getting ready to pull the trigger.

Ted

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with other posts .,...after 18 months how can you expect warranty.,.also I'm not knocking the brand of case but you also get what you pay for especially when looking to buy for "long term" .,.. When buying for long term it's best to shell out some cheese one time rather than paying out small sums 2-3 times imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedantle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed!

I think the original poster was ripped off. Even if he says "Yeah, I deliberately broke the handle," the retailer and original manufacturer should offer to, a) repair the product or, b) offer an alternate that is acceptable to the buyer.
There is no law that states that a retailer or original manufacturer can't charge a customer ("customer," a sacred entity) for a repair, instead of offering lame excuses.
18 months? The time period of use means nothing, Nothing!
It's all a matter of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Shoot Safe.

John

I would agree that the end result would appear exactly that way. A rip off. Scam. That is why I posted this review for others to read.

Amazing part of this is that based on original responses I thought I was crazy and alone. I'm still crazy just not alone.;)

Bottom line I don't want others to have this experience. Because it SUCKED! And not in a good way.;)

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maxx, thank you for the suggestion. I agree that I could likely find a work around solution by working with other repair shops. But then I'm continuing to support the maker and sellers of this case.

I'm looking at a replacements. Likely a 2×4 Instroke. If you have a suggestion of a nice leather case in the 2-400 range let me know. Getting ready to pull the trigger.

Ted

Click the AZ marketplace at the top of the page. A leather 2x4 Proper is under $200. I've had good luck with them, the only thing is cues go in tip & joint down. A 57" cue can be a pain to get out. The one I have are also made right here in the good old USA!
Unconditional guarantee, "if it breaks (other than normal wear and tear) Joe will fix it"

http://www.seyberts.com/catalog/Signature_Leather-195.html

Last edited: