Funny pic/gif thread...

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
A TRS80 was an old Tandy/Radio Shack computer.. super primitive,
there was a big add on memory unit I think was 256mb!
And there was a matching dot matrix printer!

I didn't Google.. I had one!:rolleyes:

Reminds me.

I used to get the Tandy Corp professional catalogues

Looked like a phone book. It was that huge!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
No Googling...

What is a TRS80?

Trump 2020
I used those at a job back in the early 80s. Had 16K of RAM - multiple downloads from a floppy just to read a one-page letter. Wrote a loan servicing program in Basic...

A little before that time, at the same job, I saw my first fax machine.

pj <- tech OG
chgo

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Speaking of math.....
Common core.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Job of the Future!

My first programming class used this:

Reminds me that every magazine had adds to train to be a key punch operator, the job of the future! The future didn't last too long.

The first NC machine I ever saw was a lathe. It turned out the prettiest stainless steel trailer hitch ever seen by man. What was a marvel was the genuinely true round ball that it could turn all the way to the top. Nobody knew how to write for it or convert to key punch so I don't think that quarter million dollar machine at the vo-tech ever did anything but turn out those hitch balls. It was still the marvel of it's time!

Hu

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A Screamer

Reminds me.

I used to get the Tandy Corp professional catalogues

Looked like a phone book. It was that huge!

My brother was a real time computer tech. After his children were born he wanted them to grow up with computers. Bought a Tandy 8088 with DUAL FLOPPIES! No hard drives in PC's yet. Of course half the programs couldn't recognize that multiple floppy drives were available. That Tandy was faster than any PC that Big Blue offered at the time.

I wasn't into computers until an unplanned midlife career change. My first computer was a screaming 486-25. Upgrade to 160mg hard drive, four meg of ram. That was a CAD monster, only cost me $6600!

Hu

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
My brother was a real time computer tech. After his children were born he wanted them to grow up with computers. Bought a Tandy 8088 with DUAL FLOPPIES! No hard drives in PC's yet. Of course half the programs couldn't recognize that multiple floppy drives were available. That Tandy was faster than any PC that Big Blue offered at the time.

I wasn't into computers until an unplanned midlife career change. My first computer was a screaming 486-25. Upgrade to 160mg hard drive, four meg of ram. That was a CAD monster, only cost me $6600!

Hu

My first "real" computer was an Apple IIe. 8 in CRT monitor, twin 5 inch floppy drives and maybe 128ram.....
33 baud rate. Ran Cobal & Fortran

P.S.

POS Brother dot matrix printer that ran green bar too.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first "real" computer was an Apple IIe. 8 in CRT monitor, twin 5 inch floppy drives and maybe 128ram.....
33 baud rate. Ran Cobal & Fortran

P.S.

POS Brother dot matrix printer that ran green bar too.

128 RAM? My first had 4 or 8!

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes computers have changed, so have other things like....
In 1972 a friend took his shotgun,in a soft case, on the school bus in the mornings. He would leave the gun on the bus. After school going home the bus driver would stop a couple miles from the kids home, kid and gun out the door and hunt the ditches home.

About that same time, my cousin drove school bus in western S. Dak. 1 morn saw a antelope with its head caught in a fence. Stopped the bus and all the kids watched him cut the goats throat and tag it. He said it was cold that morning and running late so didnt have time to gut it. Came back after dropping the kids off.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Started on a 186 in the early 90s...then a 286...
...just doing data entries...took them over at work because people are illiterate.
...surfed a little but didn’t know much...passing conversations felt like being at sea...
..and hearing conversations on other boats...like strangers in the night.

DBDD275A-629E-4F1B-A1EA-329B88CF9317.jpeg

They were a bit slow...:angry:....but so was I...:eek: