Performance shaft ?

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
:wink:I purchased a Jeff Puvis cue a few months ago . It is a 60" cue. When I shoot a firm shot using extreme english the shaft really vibrates. No rattle or anything just the annoying vibration. This is my first 60" cue and thought that may be the problem but I've since shot with some others, no vibration. Would a performance shaft be the answer? Recommendations welcome.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:wink:I purchased a Jeff Puvis cue a few months ago . It is a 60" cue. When I shoot a firm shot using extreme english the shaft really vibrates. No rattle or anything just the annoying vibration. This is my first 60" cue and thought that may be the problem but I've since shot with some others, no vibration. Would a performance shaft be the answer? Recommendations welcome.

Need to know size and length of shaft but sounds like its over 30" with long skinny taper. If that's the case, a new shaft with a different conformation would solve the problem.

Mario

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
It's about 30", the taper didn't seem too long when compared to a couple of other shafts the same length, I thought that too. I guess I'll have to start saving up for a new shaft...
Thanks for the reply. I've never really shot much with a performance shaft and never shot with a carbon fiber shaft. Any recommendations on a good hitting shaft?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
60" cues should really have a fatter joint and big joint screw imo.
Can't have Meucci shaft taper either.
And the maple shaft has to be a select stiff kind .