View Single Post
Old
  (#51)
muskyed
AzB Silver Member
muskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-05-2020, 05:57 AM

Lakeman, just looked up your #'s on the CDC site, as a 10% death rate seemed a little misleading. According to the CDC,
Total reported Covid cases 2,789,678
Total reported deaths 129,305
So by my math that comes out to 4.6% death rate, much to high, but substantially less than 10%. Also keep in mind that many deaths are labeled as covid deaths, even though though they could have been from the flu, or other causes, as they were just labeled Covid without testing for it. Also keep in mind that the total covid case count would be substantially higher if when this first started, they actually tested for it, when you called your Dr, instead of telling you to just stay home. So in reality the death % is more than likely substantially less than the 4.6% figure that is being reported now. This still is a very scary figure for most of us, as I would venture to guess that a lot of the forum members here are older. I know my wife and I have drastically curtailed our trips to town and activities, but we still go out fishing quite a bit, and were just told that our Wednesday night pool league will be starting mid September, and we will probably participate. We do have a Wednesday morning Sr. pool league get together at a bar in town, and we will probably not start that in September, but wait till the end of the year to see how things are going with this mess. My wife and I are the youngest couple in that league, and I am 70, and one person that I pick up and give a ride to it is 88, so hopefully they do not want to start that up, as we wouldn't attend that.