Predator 314 cat

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I found a 314 with the cat in a pawn shop on an old Meucci butt yesterday. The lady wanted $150. Everything was straight but being that it's in a pawn shop I can't play with it. I've played with a 314-3 before and was just wondering if the 314-1 is similar or if I should pass on the cue at that price. The Meucci is a 95-14 model if my research isn't wrong. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed^^ Haggle down a bit and buy it. The original 314 feel like a standard maple shaft with slightly less deflection. They play very nicely. If I recall correctly there were some issues with the ferrule cracking (from powerful break shots). Give that a quick once over before making the purchase :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ģüśţāṿ;6483039 said:
Agreed^^ Haggle down a bit and buy it. The original 314 feel like a standard maple shaft with slightly less deflection. They play very nicely. If I recall correctly there were some issues with the ferrule cracking (from powerful break shots). Give that a quick once over before making the purchase :)
Agree. Offer 100bux and if you get it don't break with it.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
314 had full length ferrules, while 314-2 went to a shorter and thinner ferrule, these were you were thinking about that could crack.

Ģüśţāṿ;6483039 said:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
314 had full length ferrules, while 314-2 went to a shorter and thinner ferrule, these were you were thinking about that could crack.

I agree. I believe the 314 (original) had like an 1.25" ferrule. I love these shafts.
Great price, even if you resell it, it's a pretty good value

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Agree. Offer 100bux and if you get it don't break with it.

Starting price was 200 and i offered 100 being that I was unsure if it was really worth it. The manager said the best she would do is 150. Guess ill be going back to pick it up😎

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starting price was 200 and i offered 100 being that I was unsure if it was really worth it. The manager said the best she would do is 150. Guess ill be going back to pick it up😎
I think you made out ok. Enjoy the cue. Just don't break with it. The front-end just isn't designed for that pounding.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think you made out ok. Enjoy the cue. Just don't break with it. The front-end just isn't designed for that pounding.

I think the original BK break cue had a 314 on it. I don’t know if this is the same 314 though

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 314-1 with the cat logo did have the shorter ferrule of 0.75”. The standard shaft at the time was 1”.

I’ve had all the predator shafts commonly available from the late 1990’s to the early 2010’s. Including 314 1st gen with 1” fertile, 314 pre cat block letter (.75” ferrule), 314 cat, 314-2, Z-1, Z-2, break shaft. I only never had the 314-3/z3 and later. IMO, they are all very close. If you like one, you will like the other. I would never pay a premium for an old one like some people today do.

Today, people say the old ones play great, like a regular shaft. But 15 years ago people said the old ones (new at the time) played like a noodle and had no hit.

Kind of like cue balls. When the measles came out, everyone said it sucked. Then when the cyclop came out, everyone said it sucked, and the measles was great.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 314-1 with the cat logo did have the shorter ferrule of 0.75”. The standard shaft at the time was 1”.

I’ve had all the predator shafts commonly available from the late 1990’s to the early 2010’s. Including 314 1st gen with 1” fertile, 314 pre cat block letter (.75” ferrule), 314 cat, 314-2, Z-1, Z-2, break shaft. I only never had the 314-3/z3 and later. IMO, they are all very close. If you like one, you will like the other. I would never pay a premium for an old one like some people today do.

Today, people say the old ones play great, like a regular shaft. But 15 years ago people said the old ones (new at the time) played like a noodle and had no hit.

Kind of like cue balls. When the measles came out, everyone said it sucked. Then when the cyclop came out, everyone said it sucked, and the measles was great.

People don't like change but, people are always looking for something better (different).

Kind of funny when you think about it.