Last 4 Ever Tip Tool

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
Never used or owned a tip tool before.

After discovering that my cues should be nickel profiles instead of silver dollar profiles, I bought the Last 4 Ever combo tool. Had no problem shaping the tips, burnishing, and roughing the tip as shown in the video.

My old cue tips now all have good nickel profiles and hold chalk very well - of course that would probably be the case with any tool and maintenance vs. no tool, but I tried this tool first and it worked great for me. :smile:
When my new cue needs a touch-up I'll break in the dime side...

Last edited:

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. And thanks to all the AZB'rs who have support me over the past few years.

I just got in my first batch of factory made tip tools. After 5 years of grinding them out in my shop I gave up. Sadly for me, they do a much nicer job than I did.

Also updated my website last4ever.com

coming to a retailer near you soon (hopefully)

Thanks all,

Joel

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. And thanks to all the AZB'rs who have support me over the past few years.

I just got in my first batch of factory made tip tools. After 5 years of grinding them out in my shop I gave up. Sadly for me, they do a much nicer job than I did.

Thanks all,

Joel
Noticed you released a matte black finish version too for the dime.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, the matt black version is the Pro model, available in Dime radius & lighter abrasive than the original tool.

Joel

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks all,

Joel
Here's how the factory made combo tip tool looks Iike for those who are curious:

ebeb7bc5fe24aa372df32d62a19f4270.jpg

f2a3cf0b5f648033988df8f5c5f0220a.jpg

Also noticed Joel increased the price on his products by $5 but offer free shipping to US and Canada.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ordered mine over the weekend, will have it in 2 days from now

nice guy as others have said

cant wait, i really need it, my game falls off when the tip shape goes

im a dime guy

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
been using the pro version for over a month
works great on its own and a great compliment to the standard madel
the standard being a courser grit gets the shape faster but removes more leather
the pro is finer grit so really shapes and touches up the tip nicely without as much removal of the leather

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got one of those 4ever tools and there's leather caked up in the grit. How do I clean it?

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can I use water?
I would not use water. Any brush will work, old tooth brush, hair brush, something like that.

You can also use compressed air.

Unless you are shaping a lot of cues, build up shouldn't be an issue

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got it yesterday. Fantastic product, built to take it, does anything you wany:thumbup:

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Joel I have a question-

Would you recommend to remove the chalk first off the tip before shaping or does it matter? I'm under the impression that I should remove the chalk first to reduce buildup on the shaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Joel I have a question-

Would you recommend to remove the chalk first off the tip before shaping or does it matter? I'm under the impression that I should remove the chalk first to reduce buildup on the shaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I don't bother removing the chalk. It wouldn't hurt but it is not necessary.