Mark Gregory's latest Centennial build

luckylager

Registered
For those keeping track, this is the table that Dean sold his place in line for.

The wood is Pau Ferro.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well ,looks beautiful

i am sure you are happy and the wait is soon forgotten
as you enjoy this beauty

this is the third one we have seen now,keeps getting better

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like dean said, this is the 3rd fully customized Mark Gregory centennial. I'm the lucky guy who got the 1st and all 3 are in the state of Texas. I also know Mark picked up some more high end wood on his way home so he's not done yet.

Congratulations to the owner of this beautiful table. It is a popular opinion that these are the very best tables in the world today for both playability, incredible beauty and rarity.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those keeping track, this is the table that Dean sold his place in line for.

The wood is Pau Ferro.

That is a beautiful playground (table) there. Why Dean? Why? ;) Someone will be really happy with that.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! It looks great.

Was that wood an option on the original table, or did Mark pick it for its looks? Just curious, as my Brunswick knowledge is limited to the GC's.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! It looks great.

Was that wood an option on the original table, or did Mark pick it for its looks? Just curious, as my Brunswick knowledge is limited to the GC's.

That wood is not original. Mark modifies the original table with custom rails, ball box, veneered pedestals, etc. Also enhances the structure. The rest is original.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!
Just Wow!
That is gorgeous work and PF is not easy to work with. Wonderful material, heavy, dense, and surprisingly chippy when working it.

Was that wood an option on the original table,

Pau Ferro is not a true rosewood, but is often advertised as "Bolivian Rosewood" and it is a good representation to Brazilian when finished as in the table. It is probably harder than BR, or seems so to me. Brazilian is almost impossible to get in those sizes, enough for a complete table. PF does smell like Cocobola which is a true rosewood. I believe the original Centennials could be had with rosewood rails. Never looked quite that good, though.

I've got a pile of PF stashed for rails on a 1927 BBC that has split rosewood rail caps on it. Don't imagine it will come out as good as table shown, but what an inspiration if i can ever get to it!

smt

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I'm talking about... my favorite table!
Just fookin' beautiful.. the wood is the nuts:cool:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to give up my Centennial when we moved to AZ, really miss it and it was no where as nice as this one.